Bitcoin Forum
September 13, 2024, 11:17:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kraken Credited Bitcoin Gold?  (Read 7452 times)
Knepala (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:51:43 AM

This morning I noticed a certain amount of Euro had been credited to my Kraken account.

I think this is a compensation for the fork? But there were no announcements or e-mails from them whatsoever? Not even a transaction in the ledger.
Anybody else got 'free money'? Anybody know more?

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 3874

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:04:51 AM

Did you actually receive a certain amount of euro in fiat and not in tokens/coins? Checked Kraken's blog. Couldn't find a single post about crediting users of fiat due to various possible reasons. Not a single statement about bitcoin gold as well.

Curated Crypto Airdrop Database
Knepala (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:08:51 AM

Yes. I have only done Bitcoin trading pairs recently.
Also did not close any margin postions.

This morning I had an amount of Euro out of the blue. Before I went to sleep I definitely had €0.

HanvanBitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:19:35 PM

Anyone else can confirm this?

*                                                              BTC~One day we'll all be living like kings!~BTC                                                             *
target
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:22:37 PM

No confirmation. I loggedin to my account and found nothing. I only have a fraction of btc there as what i got on kraken is XRP. I however got BCH.
HanvanBitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:29:49 PM

No confirmation. I loggedin to my account and found nothing. I only have a fraction of btc there as what i got on kraken is XRP. I however got BCH.

Ty for sharing.

*                                                              BTC~One day we'll all be living like kings!~BTC                                                             *
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:55:38 PM

This morning I noticed a certain amount of Euro had been credited to my Kraken account.

I think this is a compensation for the fork? But there were no announcements or e-mails from them whatsoever? Not even a transaction in the ledger.
That's weird I'd say? A little lame as well. Out of nowhere you got credited some Euros? Is this for real? If yes,then congrats to you for getting free money. I can't support your claim as I don't use kraken. You sure that you didn't trade or something? Even if we lay the possibility of you getting bitcoin gold for the equal amount of bitcoin you had at the time of the fork,why would you be credited in Euros? Shouldn't you be credited bitcoin gold? Must be something else,mate. Care to check it again.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Knepala (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:19:52 PM

Nope, I've checked the ledger way back and there is nothing that explains it.
Also keep my own records in excel.
It was just there this morning.

Fidemoga

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:36:41 PM

We will recieve Bitcoin Gold at november, not earlier. It seems, that you have made good trades overnight.  Grin
fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 08:52:33 PM

I confirm: no BTG on Kraken (at least I have nothing...) Cheesy
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:55:13 PM

We will recieve Bitcoin Gold at november, not earlier. It seems, that you have made good trades overnight.  Grin

This is the only valid explanation for this or maybe he has forgotten about it but the fund must surely come from somewhere. My advise, don't spend it yet until you know the origin. Also, I don't expect that Kraken would do that sort credit and wont even do the announcement themselves. Even if they did credit you, I don't also expect that they would credit the equivalennt in fiat rather in the coin and wait for you to decide what you want to do with it.
Kraken-Septimus

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

https://support.kraken.com

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 09:10:25 PM

It is not possible to claim any BTG for Bitcoin (XBT) which was held on our exchange at the time of the fork. However, if we do choose to support BTG at any time in the future, this situation could change and you may be able to claim the BTG at that time. If you would like to find out what this EUR transaction was for, I would suggest opening a support ticket here but if you're happy with some extra money that you weren't expecting there may not be a need!

Unlock futures trading with Kraken's Crypto Facilities acquisition!
Do you need support? Please open a ticket here and escalate that ticket using this form.
Nightstalker84

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:45:05 AM

Will Kraken be crediting us with the Bitcoin fork on November 16? I just got a note from Coinbase saying they will. Do I have to move my Bitcoin to coinbase in order to get this?
nadam

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:35:21 AM

I just got a note from Coinbase saying they will. Do I have to move my Bitcoin to coinbase in order to get this?
No, it's too late to move it to Coinbase now. Kraken will probably do the same though based on what you had at Kraken at the time of the fork.
Nightstalker84

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:38:52 PM

I am not talking about Bitcoin Gold. This is what Coinbase said:
"The Bitcoin Segwit2x fork is projected to take place on November 16th and will result in two bitcoin blockchains. Following the fork, Coinbase will continue referring to the current bitcoin blockchain as Bitcoin and the forked blockchain as Bitcoin2x. Any customer with a Bitcoin balance on Coinbase at the time of the fork will be credited with an equal amount of the Bitcoin2x asset on the Bitcoin2x blockchain. "

So its pretty clear that if I have Bitcoin with Coinbase ON November 16th, I will get Bitcoin2x. It is not clear that Kraken will do the same. My question remains do I move my Bitcoin to Coinbase or do I leave it with Kraken? Does it matter if Kraken supports Bitcoin2x, because at some future date if I move my bitcoin out of Kraken it will magically appear in a Bitcoin2x supported environment?   
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:28:47 PM

I am not talking about Bitcoin Gold. This is what Coinbase said:
"The Bitcoin Segwit2x fork is projected to take place on November 16th and will result in two bitcoin blockchains. Following the fork, Coinbase will continue referring to the current bitcoin blockchain as Bitcoin and the forked blockchain as Bitcoin2x. Any customer with a Bitcoin balance on Coinbase at the time of the fork will be credited with an equal amount of the Bitcoin2x asset on the Bitcoin2x blockchain. "

So its pretty clear that if I have Bitcoin with Coinbase ON November 16th, I will get Bitcoin2x. It is not clear that Kraken will do the same. My question remains do I move my Bitcoin to Coinbase or do I leave it with Kraken? Does it matter if Kraken supports Bitcoin2x, because at some future date if I move my bitcoin out of Kraken it will magically appear in a Bitcoin2x supported environment?   

The release of Coinbase concerning  Bitcoin Gold has been straight forward and even a link to that is on the official BTG website and there it was stated that they won't be supporting at this time until things stabilizes which they could interpret to mean anytime. On the issue of kraken, I don't think Kraken is a platform that would support BTG and even go to the extent of crediting their clients without making it so obvious and even releasing a statement towards that.

For those who are scared if they have lost their opportunity to claim, the moment you coins is not on exchange site, then you can still claim it and if you are doubtful, the best is to move them out before the November 16/ 25/upcoming fork to avoid stories.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:39:07 PM

The kraken exchange site are not making any statement regarding the hardfork or the kraken's effort to distribute all of the bitcoin gold into the bitcoin  holders in the exchange site.
For the more information and you can try to talking with the kraken customer service by try to send an email to the cs. You will get a better answer from there.
You can do that now or later.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:05:48 PM

It is not possible to claim any BTG for Bitcoin (XBT) which was held on our exchange at the time of the fork. However, if we do choose to support BTG at any time in the future, this situation could change and you may be able to claim the BTG at that time. If you would like to find out what this EUR transaction was for, I would suggest opening a support ticket here but if you're happy with some extra money that you weren't expecting there may not be a need!

why not?  someone gets it. 

Kraken just gets the forked coins then?  kraken doesn't have to support trading to give people what rightfully belongs to them instead of keeping these assets for themselves.

quite frankly it's theft. 
Nightstalker84

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:47:31 PM

I have an address where I can send the BTG I am entitled to if Kraken does not wish to support it, Otherwise I think you are right that they are enriching themselves if they don't give their customers the right to withdraw it. Kraken customer support gave the following message on their site:
"Kraken makes no promises/guarantees/warranties on the outcome of potential or proposed forks, but we will make our best effort to handle things in a way that benefits the most clients. In general, clients should manage their own digital assets if they want to ensure that they have access to funds on all forks. It may therefore be advisable to withdraw affected digital assets in the event of a fork."
So their advice is that you can't trust us with the forks, so move your Bitcoin to a customer friendly exchange if you want to benefit. It seems like a strange business model - but OK, I will be moving my Bitcoin, tomorrow. Thanks for the 'heads-up', Kraken.

Kraken-Septimus

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

https://support.kraken.com

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 08:44:24 PM

I have an address where I can send the BTG I am entitled to if Kraken does not wish to support it, Otherwise I think you are right that they are enriching themselves if they don't give their customers the right to withdraw it. Kraken customer support gave the following message on their site:
"Kraken makes no promises/guarantees/warranties on the outcome of potential or proposed forks, but we will make our best effort to handle things in a way that benefits the most clients. In general, clients should manage their own digital assets if they want to ensure that they have access to funds on all forks. It may therefore be advisable to withdraw affected digital assets in the event of a fork."
So their advice is that you can't trust us with the forks, so move your Bitcoin to a customer friendly exchange if you want to benefit. It seems like a strange business model - but OK, I will be moving my Bitcoin, tomorrow. Thanks for the 'heads-up', Kraken.

Hi Nightstalker84. The Bitcoin Gold fork has already happened at block 491,407 and as explained in the ticket you opened, it may have been advisable to withdraw affected digital assets in the event of a fork. What this means is if you hold your own private keys, no one else is in control of your forked Bitcoin and you are free to make your own choices. That's one of the best parts of cryptocurrency. If you hold your Bitcoin on any exchange you will be subject to their decisions.

In the next coming weeks we will see another hard fork off of the Bitcoin main chain and we will let you know what our decision will be with that fork. As always, you are free to withdraw your funds and hold them in your own wallet.

Thanks for understanding.

Unlock futures trading with Kraken's Crypto Facilities acquisition!
Do you need support? Please open a ticket here and escalate that ticket using this form.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: