Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:15:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a workforce be decentralized?  (Read 383 times)
cryptoforce (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:08:44 AM

Hello everyone.

Im working around the idea of creating a decentralized workforce.  Basically a decentralized system that could replace traditional centralized freelancing markets like UpWork.

The idea will entitle a crypto token to distribute the value generated by the workforce among those who hold it.

I have a draft here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kbvsQ3UQ3PA7cZYucERRqnhXVfx0yJAxuthK30qvilc/edit?usp=sharing

Will it be possible to receive feedback and some ideas on how to make this possible?

Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:36:32 AM

I've always admire how people are starting their projects. They don't know if its gona be needed by someone but they still are doing it (Why? Because it is decentralized! This word is very popular nowadays.).
My advise it just to check if your users will somehow benefit from your project (comparing to the other ones) and then start working.

ichtyar

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:25:19 AM

can carry out the functions that have been decentralized effectively, then .... The relationship of demand and supply of labor and real wages can be seen.
sweetdesirez

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:38:52 AM

Yes of course everything which we can think of can be decentralized. Now both centralization and decentralization has its pros and cons. So we need a thorough evaluation of all aspects before trying to implement the concept.
cryptoforce (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:03:40 AM

We are actually getting traction. Coinomi is our first client, we are doing a review form them. People write a review and receive $force for their labor. In the other side Coinomi buys $force and burns it. That way everyone that holds $force benefits because of the buy pressure from buyers creating liquidity and the reduction of supply from the burned tokens.

Coinomi score on Google Play went from 3.8 to 4.0 , they have many people testing their software and providing valuable feedback. Things are starting to get interesting.

We will aim to compete with Amazon turk, we can be lot more efficiently, our infrastructure costs are 0.

Also UpWork could be replaced. Think about letting 100 people collaborate to translate a document.

Collective intelligence and decentralization can create extremely powerful systems.

Thank you to those that are proving valuable comments!
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:34:57 AM

There's still a middle man, by using reddit you are under their whims to censor/ban or manipulate whatever happens to work tasks there. It's also filtered in a lot of countries you'd want to include like China. I'd avoid it at all costs and pick something more decentralized. I wouldn't even trust a subreddit to be the discussion forum for a site I ran let alone be in charge of assigning work. Some kind of app for this instead, pref a free/GNU project, but with a highly abstracted overlay and UI for the common upwork freelancer to understand that doesn't rely on any Zucker/Reddit/Twitter cancer that will actively work against what you're trying to do.
Erelas

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 02:02:08 AM

I "mine" an altcoin that might be looked at in a similar fashion called Gridcoin.  Take a look around, basically, it's concept is that the miners (freelancers in your case?) receive bits of research from different projects managed through Berkley Online Infrastructure for Networked Computing (which yes, does in a way "de-centralize" things).  Researchers are paid using PoW / PoS in Gridcoin, and it sometimes even pays the power bill. 

Is this similar in scope, or is your idea more in line with Golem (GNT)?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
cryptoforce (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:50:10 AM

There's still a middle man, by using reddit you are under their whims to censor/ban or manipulate whatever happens to work tasks there. It's also filtered in a lot of countries you'd want to include like China. I'd avoid it at all costs and pick something more decentralized. I wouldn't even trust a subreddit to be the discussion forum for a site I ran let alone be in charge of assigning work. Some kind of app for this instead, pref a free/GNU project, but with a highly abstracted overlay and UI for the common upwork freelancer to understand that doesn't rely on any Zucker/Reddit/Twitter cancer that will actively work against what you're trying to do.

Exactly, we are using Reddit as a starting point, we aim to create tools to be fully decentralize. Just like there are multiple Bitcoin wallets we expect developers will jump in a develop multiple tools and solutions that are powered by the $force. Developers have an incentive to provide this tools and charge a small fee for those requesting work.

So there are incentives for developers to work on this.

cryptoforce (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:01:47 AM

I "mine" an altcoin that might be looked at in a similar fashion called Gridcoin.  Take a look around, basically, it's concept is that the miners (freelancers in your case?) receive bits of research from different projects managed through Berkley Online Infrastructure for Networked Computing (which yes, does in a way "de-centralize" things).  Researchers are paid using PoW / PoS in Gridcoin, and it sometimes even pays the power bill.  

Is this similar in scope, or is your idea more in line with Golem (GNT)?

In the case of Gridcoin and Golem, users are offering their computers capacity in exchange for tokens. We do something totally different, people complete real work, like doing a translation or creating a logo in exchange for the tokens.

Value is created for those holding the token when a work requested (like Coinomi) buys and later burns some $force tokens. In this way there is liquidity in the market for those who want to exchange the $force token for something like Bitcoin, and also value for everyone that holds $force increase as result of the supply reduction.

This allows our token to work across chains!

Here is our white paper:
(still a draft so open to all suggestions)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kbvsQ3UQ3PA7cZYucERRqnhXVfx0yJAxuthK30qvilc
Erelas

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 06:49:28 AM

Thanks for taking the time to explain.  I'll read through the WP (might have some time tomorrow) and try to swing back by if I have more questions or maybe a thought to add. Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Eddy XFC

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:00:13 PM

I find this very interesting on an abstract level.
I am interested to see how this further develops and I will be back to check on updates.
Best of luck with your efforts!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: