Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:29:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I love to travel. What hotels do you like to stay in ? Share your preferences  (Read 852 times)
keiser9000 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:13:37 AM

Some people love to stay in fancy 5 star hotels. All the time during their vacation.
Some people don't really care and they stay in cheaper ones - saying a bed is a bed.

As for me I love to roll around a new country, staying in bed and breakfast hotels (cheaper the better) and to take real deal relax time staying for a few days in a great hotel.

Willyandzz

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:51:36 AM

Some people love to stay in fancy 5 star hotels. All the time during their vacation.
Some people don't really care and they stay in cheaper ones - saying a bed is a bed.

As for me I love to roll around a new country, staying in bed and breakfast hotels (cheaper the better) and to take real deal relax time staying for a few days in a great hotel.

Depending on the destination country. If you go to Bali in Indonesia, there are many cheap and comfortable hotels in the middle class
r1a2y3m4

Activity: 504
Merit: 127

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:29:08 AM

Dusit Thani seems like a nice hotel. I do not book often on Dusit Thani before because it looks like expensive. but then I tried Trivago and it shows that it actually not that expensive at all. It seems right try it.

keiser9000 (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:45:45 PM

Dusit Thani seems like a nice hotel. I do not book often on Dusit Thani before because it looks like expensive. but then I tried Trivago and it shows that it actually not that expensive at all. It seems right try it.

Do you stay in Dusit Thani in Bangkok, Thailand? Or anywhere else are the place you like to stay in
Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 502

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:18:20 PM

http://www.visitfinland.com/

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
keiser9000 (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:08:59 PM

http://www.visitfinland.com/

Moi, Hannu!

I traveled Finland all over mostly driving a car, a very nice country and people are much warmer than the local climate.

Kiitos!
BIG Tyrese

Activity: 85

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:13:20 PM

I normally look at the reviews rather than staying in one hotel company exclusively.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:34:19 PM

I prefer renting an apartment. Hotels are too small and crampy for my taste. And for the amount of money that you'd have to pay for a reasonably sized suite you can just rent an entire house.
Goosebump

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:38:09 PM

I have never had a bad experience with the Western Inn and they are in just about every state. They also have AMAZING free cookies at night haha!
keiser9000 (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:30:53 PM

I prefer renting an apartment. Hotels are too small and crampy for my taste. And for the amount of money that you'd have to pay for a reasonably sized suite you can just rent an entire house.

Right. It is always cooler to rent a villa in a resort place. 2-3 families combined would be less people on premises and more pleasant things for the same square foot.

But usually  renting a house or an apartment -  landlords require a longer term like 2 or 3 months at least.  Deposit needed and stuff, it is hard for a few nights stay, isn't it?
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:39:44 PM

Right. It is always cooler to rent a villa in a resort place. 2-3 families combined would be less people on premises and more pleasant things for the same square foot.

But usually  renting a house or an apartment -  landlords require a longer term like 2 or 3 months at least.  Deposit needed and stuff, it is hard for a few nights stay, isn't it?
You will be able to find short-term rentals in every travel hotspot in the world. You can rent entire mansions or small apartments even for a single day if you want to.

Of course it'll be more expensive than renting the same place normally for months or even years. But it's usually cheaper than a hotel, especially if you choose to split the bill. Definitely a better option than going to some shabby hostel if you're travelling in groups. Unless you're into meeting strangers.
keiser9000 (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:41:34 PM

I have never had a bad experience with the Western Inn and they are in just about every state. They also have AMAZING free cookies at night haha!

Sounds reasonable Nation wide. Thanks,
keiser9000 (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:46:27 PM

But usually  renting a house or an apartment -  landlords require a longer term like 2 or 3 months at least.  Deposit needed and stuff, it is hard for a few nights stay, isn't it?
You will be able to find short-term rentals in every travel hotspot in the world. You can rent entire mansions or small apartments even for a single day if you want to.

Of course it'll be more expensive than renting the same place normally for months or even years. But it's usually cheaper than a hotel, especially if you choose to split the bill. Definitely a better option than going to some shabby hostel if you're travelling in groups. Unless you're into meeting strangers.

I got your point BTCMILLIONAIRE. I just started  to like your idea more. Sounds cool really. I just didn't look at this from this prospect.

And meeting whoever - yes, I'm into it when travelling, especially meeting with cool local people.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:47:30 PM

I got your point BTCMILLIONAIRE. I just started  to like your idea more. Sounds cool really. I just didn't look at this from this prospect.

And meeting whoever - yes, I'm into it when travelling, especially meeting with cool local people.
You usually don't meet locals in a hostel though, just other travelers. When I was in Japan I usually stayed in places where only locals went though, so I totally get your sentiment on this.
keiser9000 (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:52:46 PM

And it's funny when they don't speak English and want to communicate. Many cool encounters happen
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:27:49 PM

I actually spoke enough Japanese for that to not be a problem. But most of the other exchange students complained that it was difficult to make native Japanese friends, which I found funny. Because the Japanese kept approaching me themselves. Ended up hanging out with a lot of them on an almost daily basis, so that was quite a lot of fun.

I had huge problems in France though. They speak way too fast and my French was shit back then. Even worse now.
keiser9000 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:56:43 AM

I actually spoke enough Japanese for that to not be a problem. But most of the other exchange students complained that it was difficult to make native Japanese friends, which I found funny. Because the Japanese kept approaching me themselves. Ended up hanging out with a lot of them on an almost daily basis, so that was quite a lot of fun.

I had huge problems in France though. They speak way too fast and my French was shit back then. Even worse now.

It's cool you're fluent in Japanese. I am ok with German, complete zero in Japanese, and  French I know only a few basic phrases, but when talking to French guys, they asked me where did I learn to talk French, most likely were flattering.

The same story when you go to a country their language I don't know. And not too eager to catch. For example in South-East Asia. I'm in Bangkok and it's a few hours ride to Cambodia or Vietman or Burma. In a few hours I can grab their hello-thanks-buy. But the people I really need usually ok with English.
bribed

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:22:16 PM

When I travel, I love to stay in cheap Hotels, the cheaper the better. But the food has to be top notch! Cheesy
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:25:05 PM

It's cool you're fluent in Japanese. I am ok with German, complete zero in Japanese, and  French I know only a few basic phrases, but when talking to French guys, they asked me where did I learn to talk French, most likely were flattering.

The same story when you go to a country their language I don't know. And not too eager to catch. For example in South-East Asia. I'm in Bangkok and it's a few hours ride to Cambodia or Vietman or Burma. In a few hours I can grab their hello-thanks-buy. But the people I really need usually ok with English.
Ah yeah, when I was in Thailand and China it was impossible for me to communicate when they didn't speak English, which they often didn't in China. Quite the adventure...

I wish I had enough time to learn more languages, but there are too many other interesting things to do. And soon we'll all have a Babbelfish anyways. Roll Eyes
keiser9000 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 12:47:57 PM

When I travel, I love to stay in cheap Hotels, the cheaper the better. But the food has to be top notch! Cheesy

Right. And an option like McDonalds or Subway should be available too when you're fed up with local delicacies!
Even in a regular KFC they will put so much of local fler (like chilly peppers) - like you would never would tell.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: