Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:44:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Its Time For PLAN B---T-Shirt Design  (Read 2691 times)
lexusmike (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:09:37 PM

Hey All,

All of us here at The Bitcoin Mining Outlet, believe that we might just have the final design layout for our next t-shirt, Here are a few images. Any last opinions before we talk to our t-shirt supplier for a bulk order?

http://i43.tinypic.com/2q1cj7o.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/nd4jk9.jpg

Thanks All
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 07:12:42 PM

Nice design I like it. Is it going to be for sale or just for your Group of miners?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:17:41 PM

Like it more than I expected, and as a bonus it will have some residual offensiveness to fundamentalist pro-lifers who associate it with aBTCortion!
ct1aic

Activity: 714

Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 07:29:18 PM

I do like it!

Do you intend to sell? Also with p&p to Europe?

Rui Costa, PortugalBTC : 1ct1aicGoUVpZeovsw3cCcPJZJHV5JXtW
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 07:53:49 PM

First, I love the Plan B podcast.

But I guess I will be the dissenting voice here, but that shirt makes Bitcoin seem all about money and I think that is totally the wrong idea. I would think there is a simple visual way that we could capture more of what Bitcoin does.

Just my .02

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
ThatDGuy

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:09:31 PM

But I guess I will be the dissenting voice here, but that shirt makes Bitcoin seem all about money and I think that is totally the wrong idea. I would think there is a simple visual way that we could capture more of what Bitcoin does.

Just my .02

IAS

I looked at it again with this in mind, and didn't really come away with that impression before or after - to me it looks more like it's just trying to promote BTC worldwide.

What about the design leads you to think it's all about money, out of curiosity?

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:22:33 PM

Just my .02

IAS

I looked at it again with this in mind, and didn't really come away with that impression before or after - to me it looks more like it's just trying to promote BTC worldwide.

What about the design leads you to think it's all about money, out of curiosity?

Perhaps it was other shirts I've seen with $ on them. Then relay that to BTC. It is a similar symbol in the sense of "money". Don't get me wrong, I love Bitcoin and perhaps I'm being too critical and in the minority, but the symbology associate with the BTC and the $ are kind of... similar. I just see it as so much more, but perhaps that is hard to capture...

In plain English, and not to sound too hard, but it is "cheapening" things down to just the level of money. But point taken that it is over all the world. A couple of $ or Euro symbols on their side, or sinking, might have made me felt better (kidding).

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
bitcoinchecker

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Provider of Bitcoin products and services

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 08:27:52 PM

Just my .02

IAS

Perhaps it was other shirts I've seen with $ on them. Then relay that to BTC. It is a similar symbol in the sense of "money". Don't get me wrong, I love Bitcoin and perhaps I'm being too critical and in the minority, but the symbology associate with the BTC and the $ are kind of... similar. I just see it as so much more, but perhaps that is hard to capture...

In plain English, and not to sound too hard, but it is "cheapening" things down to just the level of money. But point taken that it is over all the world. A couple of $ or Euro symbols on their side, or sinking, might have made me felt better (kidding).

What do you think of these...

http://thevillageidiotme.ipage.com/shop.html

Quality Bitcoin T-shirts for sale http://thevillageidiotme.ipage.com/shop.html
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:48:55 PM

Just my .02

IAS

I like 8 and 10. I think it would be nice to have a shirt with visual that captured what BTC does, maybe in a symbolic way or the like.

But note - I am a bit of a dreamer/visionary and inspired by BTC.

BTC = Black Swan.
ThatDGuy

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 08:58:54 PM

Just my .02

IAS

Cool, that's a good point that to just see the symbol it may cheapen it a bit.  Didn't think of it that way but after hearing the perspective, it makes sense!
bitcoinchecker

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 09:02:09 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 09:21:13 PM by bitcoinchecker

[/quote]

I like 8 and 10. I think it would be nice to have a shirt with visual that captured what BTC does, maybe in a symbolic way or the like.

[/quote]

Brand recognition is an important aspect of marketing so I have chosen to mimic existing logos/slogans as a way of getting Bitcoin noticed.

I think people doing a double-take and then realising what the shirt actually says is a good way of promoting curiosity in Bitcoin among people and maybe asking the wearer questions.

It's up to the person wearing it then to seize the moment and convert them.

Anyway, why don't you come up with a design of your own

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:29:03 PM

[/quote]

Brand recognition is an important aspect of marketing so I have chosen to mimic existing logos/slogans as a way of getting Bitcoin noticed.

I think people doing a double-take and then realising what the shirt actually says is a good way of promoting curiosity in Bitcoin among people and maybe asking the wearer questions.

It's up to the person wearing it then to seize the moment and convert them.

Anyway, why don't you come up with a design of your own
[/quote]

I can see having the BTC symbol being on the shirt, of course - it is recognition. My point was there was just to much of it (FOR ME).

Are you being sarcastic with that last statement? If not, my apologies. But if you are, I just answered the original question and didn't realize if I disliked it I'd have to design my own shirt.   Roll Eyes

BTC = Black Swan.
bitcoinchecker

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 09:37:48 PM

I can see having the BTC symbol being on the shirt, of course - it is recognition. My point was there was just to much of it (FOR ME).

Are you being sarcastic with that last statement? If not, my apologies. But if you are, I just answered the original question and didn't realize if I disliked it I'd have to design my own shirt.   Roll Eyes
[/quote]

No I wasn't being sarcastic about designing your own. I got started after failing to find anything other than a BTC downloaded off the internet and printed on a shirt.

So I came up with these original designs and they have proved to be popular.

PM me with some ideas of what you would like to see and perhaps together we can come up with something new.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: