Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:00:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you tried PIVX new anonymization protocol??? PIVX to ZPIV to PIVX?  (Read 206 times)
B1tUnl0ck3r (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:07:12 PM

PIVX community is almost finish readying the new wallet implementation of the new anonymization protocol, zerocoin protocol with the release candidate 3.

https://forum.pivx.org/t/pivx-core-wallet-3-0-4-rc3-release-10-25-2017/

Have you tried it? What do you think? I did try better...

It works great, in a few second it's possible to transfer any amount of PIVX to the "accumulator", and then they are transformed into ZPIV, it means that you have a proof of what you send in the pool of the accumulator written on your wallet.dat (upgrade often), and when you wish to withdraw what you own and transform them back to PIVX it goes almost instantly.

so yes zpiv is a proof of ownership of your coin who are pooled in the accumulator, and which can be converted back to the public chain.

One of the limitation is that there is only certain domination that can be anonymized like (1, 5 10 50 100 500 1000 5000), meaning that if you convert 10.324 pivx to zpiv (send in the accumulator) you only get 10zpiv (private) and the change is sent back to pivx (public). However it's so fast and easy to use that I think it's the best solution I have seen.

So PIVX has a robust old chain with a great and honest dispersion of coin ownership due to it's fair initial mining phase, and now having successfully integrated the masternode (coinjoin idea) it has moved to a fully decentralized anonymization system.

Simply the best PoS coin?

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:18:05 PM

It works great, in a few second it's possible to transfer any amount of PIVX to the "accumulator", and then they are transformed into ZPIV, it means that you have a proof of what you send in the pool of the accumulator written on your wallet.dat (upgrade often), and when you wish to withdraw what you own and transform them back to PIVX it goes almost instantly.

value out: 3000.00 Piv
Duration: 573.756 sec.
Sending successful, return code: 0

That's with security level 1 and with an i7-8700k at 4.8Ghz. And the wallet only ever uses 1 CPU core.

Not your keys, not your coins!
uscoin1

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:24:19 PM

PIVX is comparable to XSPEC, XSPEC has better protocol, more private, imo.

B1tUnl0ck3r (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:55:53 PM

That's with security level 1 and with an i7-8700k at 4.8Ghz. And the wallet only ever uses 1 CPU core.

I don't think it's about the cpu workload but more the availability of 1000 zpiv note in the accumulator? Did you try with the recommended 42? I never changed that and didn't experience such long time... but it was with smaller amount. When did  you do it? with the new rc3?

so it took ~10min to anonymize 10k$ worth of pivx. can any coin do it faster and safer?

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:00:15 PM

I don't think it's about the cpu workload but more the availability of 1000 zpiv note in the accumulator? Did you try with the recommended 42? I never changed that and didn't experience such long time... but it was with smaller amount. When did  you do it? with the new rc3?

so it took ~10min to anonymize 10k$ worth of pivx. can any coin do it faster and safer?

I'm just saying it's not at all instant (for me at least) and I assume it does depend on CPU since it does say it depends on the hardware and it does hog a CPU core while doing it so that might be an issue for mobile devices.

It also takes ~10 minutes to send only tens of zPIV.

Not your keys, not your coins!
B1tUnl0ck3r (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:23:21 AM

strange  for me with the rc3 it was less than 1 sec for most coin out the accumulator (zpiv to pivx). It takes more time to send the coins to the accumulator but out was really instant... I am curious to see others users reports. Which denominations did you use?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: