Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:59:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mod Nvidia display drivers give faster Eth rate?  (Read 325 times)
olegai (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:38:37 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4b1QBG9fkk

someone is claiming they modded display drivers that give some insane rate (40mh 1060 and 58mh for 1070) ?? scam or real?

on side note anyone tried tweaking the display drivers to see if the hash rate will improve?
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 02:40:08 PM

Without knowing to much about what he did, those numbers seems way to good to be true.
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:44:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4b1QBG9fkk

someone is claiming they modded display drivers that give some insane rate (40mh 1060 and 58mh for 1070) ?? scam or real?

on side note anyone tried tweaking the display drivers to see if the hash rate will improve?

display drivers for nvidia are encrypted
so they cannot be modded easily
try making a custom rom for apple devices
that hard
and please don't trust these kind of findings from people
they are usually targeted for easy money scamming other people
papabiz

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:44:54 PM

setup an vm and try it.

report back Smiley
olegai (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:47:39 PM

setup an vm and try it.

report back Smiley

sadly those drivers are only available for sale i'm not risking my money to see if they work as advertised))
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:48:12 PM

setup an vm and try it.

report back Smiley

sadly those drivers are only available for sale i'm not risking my money to see if they work as advertised))

Yes, this scam has been around for awhile and there are some older threads on it. Basically, the video authors fake some numbers to get people to contact them where they offer to sell the mods for a fee. Usually the offer also has some key words designed to make you act such as: for today only, or limited time offer, we sold some at a higher price but will sell to you for a slightly lower one, etc.

My advice, keep your money and ignore such scams. If such fantastical hash rates were possible other people would be reporting them as well, or if indeed they were on to some miracle settings, they surely wouldn't be selling them to the general public for peanuts they would either keep it to themselves or sell to a large private miner instead.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: