Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:27:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How likely is it that ICOs will be banned or very highly regulated in the U.S. during the next year?
Definitely not - 2 (25%)
Not likely, but a chance - 0 (0%)
50/50 - 1 (12.5%)
More likely than not - 3 (37.5%)
Definitely will - 2 (25%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chances of ICOs being banned in the U.S. soon?  (Read 334 times)
atburnett30 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:54:49 PM

I'm really interested to see what the crypto community at large thinks about this. As an investor, I'm really concerned about the runway for potential ICO legislation. For all the bad around ICOs there is also plenty of good, and I wonder how long they have left. 
withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:00:00 PM

I think chance is obviously more than %50. I don't expect them to come and say "hey we are closing your doors" as China did but I am %99 sure USA will regulate icos by forcing harsh laws upon them.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:03:18 PM

Next year they will monitor even closer,  and probably come to the conclusion they will enforce new regulations.
Could be 2019 or something as well.
Ereun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:09:35 PM

I'm really interested to see what the crypto community at large thinks about this. As an investor, I'm really concerned about the runway for potential ICO legislation. For all the bad around ICOs there is also plenty of good, and I wonder how long they have left. 
If it does not interfere with the financial order, it will not be prohibited and if prohibited should be able to use government regulations

Already many successful ico and many also the influence of ico ban
50:50 between may be prohibited or legalized
derekis126

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:10:37 PM

I don't assmue US will ban ICO soon, US is capitalism country, not like China bans everything with freedom attribution, and they have the made BTC legally, will not ban.
atburnett30 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:14:35 PM

I think chance is obviously more than %50. I don't expect them to come and say "hey we are closing your doors" as China did but I am %99 sure USA will regulate icos by forcing harsh laws upon them.

I'm with you here. What's your best guess for when you think this will happen?
BarkingHawk

Activity: 197
Merit: 190

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:15:09 PM

I believe it will happen sooner rather than later.  If the people running theses icos were sensible about it then it wouldn't be an issue, but they've let greed take over and are doing all sorts of things they would never be able to get away with in any other sector.

Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:17:36 PM

I think regulation is needed because too many ICO's are coming for the sake of collecting funds and defrauding so many people.

I wish there was no need for regulations but sadly it is now a necessary evil...to minimize the proliferation of a greater evil.
Armstand

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:20:40 PM

I think regulation is needed because too many ICO's are coming for the sake of collecting funds and defrauding so many people.

I wish there was no need for regulations but sadly it is now a necessary evil...to minimize the proliferation of a greater evil.
Ico should be filtered like ho we accepts project, there should be some organizations who accepts legit and intersting ICO only, this is the primary reason of banning since governments have no control over it.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:25:22 PM

ICOs will not getting baned in nay country. But the way as they are now, will not be allowed in no country at all. Because they dont give any security to ICO investors. None. dont you think it would be unusual for any country to allow that? That ICO organizers can scam investors so easily.  Everyone can see how things will move.  But law and regulations moves slow. Crypto moves super fast. Everyone forgot about MtGox already.  More then half people in crypto dont even know what that should be. Trial barely started. Trial will not end that soon it will take years to be official.  That is just one example.    Regulations is some really bad word in Crypto. But it is a bad word only for those that plan to scam people. Not for regular people. It is something they need.
Marucya

Activity: 258

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:58:59 PM

Most likely, the US will not ban the ICO, but will introduce new rules for their regulation. The need to regulate the process of issuing initial coins has matured for a long time, since when investing in these projects, the risk of fraud is high. The rights of investors and other persons participating in these campaigns must be protected, and such protection can only be represented by state bodies.
skripsup

Activity: 130

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:07:28 PM

Most likely, the US will not ban the ICO, but will introduce new rules for their regulation. The need to regulate the process of issuing initial coins has matured for a long time, since when investing in these projects, the risk of fraud is high. The rights of investors and other persons participating in these campaigns must be protected, and such protection can only be represented by state bodies.

You are right. But there is a chance that they can ban ICO's first and than start investigating all aspects and elaborating new regulations on this theme.
After these actions they will allow ICO's, BUT! They will regulate it and allow all funds to go through  them (maybe add fees etc, strict regulations). 
Governments don't like looking at billions of dollars which they can't control.. That's it.. And it is not only about the USA, but other countries too, the same.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:53:13 AM

Well, with the way ICOs are going and the way gullible investors are not using their heads to differentiate a shitty or scammy project from an authentic one, then I won't be surprised if ICOs end up being regulated as well in the United States. It is kind of painful though, but every country gotta do what she has to do as long as it affects their policies. That is my opinion.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:05:06 PM

the us has a skill of banning stuff by making it either so onerous to deal with their demands that no one bothers, or people expecting government violence so preempt the actual bans.

there are already icos that won't accept americans. i expect that to accelerate until none do. and not one law will need to be passed.
CryptoVzla

Activity: 560
Merit: 290

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:10:27 PM

I think US Goverment will not banning a ICO , because ICO is good solution for investment and make some country with a good economic.
ICO is running with long time in US , i think there its no posibility US goverment will banned ICO.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓███       
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▓     
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████▓   
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████▓▓▓██████ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████ 
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓████████
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████▓▓▓█▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓█▒
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████▓▓▓▓██
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓███ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           

GEOMA DAO

Take a Look Into the Future

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:22:41 PM

Nothing is impossible, all can happen. We know first the Russian government does not support crypto, but what happens today is his government is very supportive of crypto. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:30:00 PM

It seems to me that the United States will do the same as China. They will ban ICO. In this market do a lot of scams. This will be the formal cause. When it comes to the legalization of the state should be responsible for the condition of the market. Maybe they will introduce licensing and will create such conditions that the owners of the ICO themselves abandon the us market.
nodav

Activity: 216

Early Bitcoin investor.

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:57:35 PM

The US has legalized bitcoin and you can open an exchange, but you have to pay a lot of fees and taxes that it's almost not interesting to do it. Based on this behavior I am pretty sure that they will not ban ICOs but will regulate them to have another big income stream. In the US everything is about the money!

I share your opinion the regulation will be mandatory

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: