Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:04:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Bitcoin Gold have a block explorer?  (Read 5929 times)
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:29:53 PM

I can't find a block explorer for Bitcoin Gold. Hasn't he hardfork happened yet? How can we control what blocks are being mined by the developers in the premine? How can I check my balances which should be equivalent to the BTC that I was holding at that particular point in time when the split happened?

Where in hell is the block explorer on this thing?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:44:57 PM

The team was really slow and unprofessional to act for the fork with no official wallet yet or a working block-explorer.
They are shifting to a completely new algo and that might be a problem, but I believe they already have started mining the next blocks.
jeniferqueen0409

Activity: 394
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:08:17 PM

Bitcoin Gold is product to take advantage of Bitcoin. I think most will transfer bitcoin gold immediately back to bitcoin. The team is problem working block explorer.
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:17:34 PM

The team was really slow and unprofessional to act for the fork with no official wallet yet or a working block-explorer.
They are shifting to a completely new algo and that might be a problem, but I believe they already have started mining the next blocks.
If I understood correctly, the developers were going to premine for 2 weeks which is ridiculous, but we are not seeing what is exactly being mined, what specific blocks and for what reward. If this process isn't open then it's even more ridiculous.

Also apparently the website got a DDOS attack when the split happened. I tried to access btcgpu.org and it didn't work.
maisy

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:46:56 PM

no wallet, either. and no announcement. should a coin announce themselves even if they are from a fork? i'd like to transfer my btg to maybe a coinomi wallet but can't seem to figure out how to access them. does anyone know? I see them being sold on different exchanges.  thank you for your help.
Anndrianno

Activity: 185

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:51:39 PM

Just like all the scam Bitcoin Gold has nothing except for the logo and back of Chinese miners

maisy

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:18:30 PM

well, if you had btc and held the private keys before the fork, you now have btg, too. so, whoever's mining is kinda irrelevant IF all you want to do is off them or cold storage them for awhile. i just want to find them for transfer to a different wallet but i can't even find a block explorer.

the team has developed and known about this for some time but hasn't provided these simple things for btc holders. but on their homepage they talk about getting back to the community.  they're not just chineese. there's something like half dozen countries represented by the team.

i don't know, shouldn't be this hard...
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:55:45 PM

I can't find a block explorer for Bitcoin Gold. Hasn't he hardfork happened yet? How can we control what blocks are being mined by the developers in the premine? How can I check my balances which should be equivalent to the BTC that I was holding at that particular point in time when the split happened?

There might be a Block Explorer for Bitcoin Gold though the network is not active yet so there is no point in using it before November.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
cryptohorsee

Activity: 229

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:04:38 PM

There isn't because their network is not active and it won't be for a while. They have a very small team and limited resources, this fork is just a money grab. They already premined 200,000 btg which is unfair. I think they will just release the network and dump their btg and exchange them into real bitcoin. I wish I had some bitcoins on the exchange so I could just dump my btg. Bitcoin gold is clearly going down to 0$ and bitcoin cash is pumping like crazy.

JohnnyUranus

Activity: 130
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:22:12 PM

wait and pray  Grin

xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:51:26 PM

Well there aren't any block explorers listed on their official site nor on coinmarketcap. There is definitely ways to get block and transaction info without a block explorer but for the average user without any technical expertise it's going to be hard.

It's funny how they promise so much yet achieve so little. It's almost laughable.

I wonder how long people are going to hold this coin before just dumping it because devs screwed up.
tylerik1

Activity: 392

"SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN"

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:59:29 PM

I am also looking for one. Man, such a big attention for this coin and they are not delivering something. A little bid strange Cheesy

JMAHH

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:06:06 PM

There is no way to control it or just look for blocks or anything, bitcoin gold is useless, you can not do anything with it, the only purpose of it was just dumping them right away you got them on your wallet, those people who were speculating with this one were wrong because the price is only dropping.
There is not even a blockchain who supports bitcoin gold, you can not send btg to another person, it is insane, what an useless coin.
maisy

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:17:51 PM

ok, so...

i'd give a good giggle if I weren't embarrassed. well, maybe a little giggle did slip out.  can't really explore the block if it's not chained yet.

they sent an email this morning which talked about implementations they're incorporating and sounded like they're working on their sh!t. sooo... cool.  I've been to their website and they suggest referencing their blog for the most up-to-date accurate info.

still gonna hold still, though.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:34:20 PM

a "block" explorer, explores "blocks" and when bitcoin gold has no "blocks", that means there is nothing to explore Cheesy

so far they only set their starting point, you can call it a snapshop of bitcoin blockchain. they did that a couple of days ago and still they have not released anything, no wallet, no code no mining no blocks and no blockchain. the replay protection is also still a work in progress and last time i checked the hashing algorithm (in other words the only thing that makes bitcoin gold as bitcoin gold) is not yet complete either!

I wonder how long people are going to hold this coin before just dumping it because devs screwed up.

unless "people" were holding their BTC on exchanges such as Yobit, they can not dump their BTG and have to wait because of what i said above.
also the devs apparently have to wait a longer time than others to be able to sell anything since their premine is supposed to have a lock time or something!

Buying the dip...
maisy

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:29:18 PM

yes, thank you RoommateAgreement, nothing to even chain, yet.
JohnnyUranus

Activity: 130
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:08:54 PM

should be very soon now Smiley
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 07:48:25 PM

bitcoin gold dont get hype like what happen in BCC it look like a rush fork
not even listed in coinmarketcap as of now i cant also see working explorer

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
limega

Activity: 21

View Profile