Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:38:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is deepOnion dodgy?  (Read 282 times)
midvoc (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:44:19 PM

Something is a little fishy with this coin in my opinion - new members need to buy in? A select few now have most of the tokens in their hands.

New members who have bought in will receive very little from the airdrop compared to the original larger holders who will continue to receive loads because they were in first. I think the airdrop program after the rule change now rewards the larger wallets disproportionately.

A ponzi by definition needs more new members to buy in to keep the charade going so that older members can cash out.

Now I'm not saying deeponion IS a ponzi but it appears to be sailing damn close to the wind.

Any thoughts folks?

Regards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
midvoc (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:07:36 PM

bump
sorrysteve1

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:10:47 PM

There have certainly been a few murmurings on the forum over the last months that DO is nothing more than a ponzi scheme but it is really impossible to be certain one way or the other. For me I can't participate in the 'airdrop' anyway so I haven't paid too much attention but I would be careful investing too much of your time.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:18:38 PM

I was in the airdrop for two weeks and still have my Onions.  I'm a Hodler, no intentions to sell, either going to make money or go down in flames.  I don't think it's a scam ... I don't think it' a ponzi ... the thing that concerns me the most is that the Dev has 10% + he staked the premine, and as you pointed out, there are large holders that have been in the air drop from the beginning ... so I can't see how this can avoid a massive dump as the 40th airdrop approached.  I think most DeepOnion holders are expecting it, in fact.  It's like a game of chicken where people want to stay in the airdrop as long as possible, but don't want to lose value if it turns into a massive dump.  The only question for me is will the Dev dump early and abandon the project ... if not, then Deep Onion may have a good future.  If the Dev. dumps, then it was a scam all along, and I will be proven wrong.
midvoc (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:21:39 PM

ye - i registered a few weeks ago hoping to get on the airdrop obviously. Then they made the criteria to get airdrop impossible basically for new members to get anything.

The early adopters in their forum treat the project with reverence and evangelical style posting - bit dodgy tbh lol  Wink

deepOnion = "For the greater good..."

sorrysteve1

Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:21:58 PM

I was in the airdrop for two weeks and still have my Onions.  I'm a Hodler, no intentions to sell, either going to make money or go down in flames.  I don't think it's a scam ... I don't think it' a ponzi ... the thing that concerns me the most is that the Dev has 10% + he staked the premine, and as you pointed out, there are large holders that have been in the air drop from the beginning ... so I can't see how this can avoid a massive dump as the 40th airdrop approached.   I think most DeepOnion holders are expecting it, in fact. The only question for me is will the Dev dump early and abandon the project ... if not, then Deep Onion may have a good future.  If the Dev. dumps, then it was a scam all along, I will be proven wrong.

Having just looked in to the new airdrop rules I think you should also, after week 16 there will be no more 90% rule so all coins can be sold. Each week you will receive a percentage of coins depending on how many you hold (encouraging others to buy coins). To me that really seems very suspect, create a situation that forces people to buy coins with the promise of more free coins and then you can sell yours off on the side.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
midvoc (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:23:16 PM

I was in the airdrop for two weeks and still have my Onions.  I'm a Hodler, no intentions to sell, either going to make money or go down in flames.  I don't think it's a scam ... I don't think it' a ponzi ... the thing that concerns me the most is that the Dev has 10% + he staked the premine, and as you pointed out, there are large holders that have been in the air drop from the beginning ... so I can't see how this can avoid a massive dump as the 40th airdrop approached.  I think most DeepOnion holders are expecting it, in fact.  It's like a game of chicken where people want to stay in the airdrop as long as possible, but don't want to lose value if it turns into a massive dump.  The only question for me is will the Dev dump early and abandon the project ... if not, then Deep Onion may have a good future.  If the Dev. dumps, then it was a scam all along, and I will be proven wrong.

Interesting take on things - totally agree with you - guess we wait and see who chickens out 1st lol - i dont gaf anymore since those rules changed yesterday
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:27:07 PM

I was in the airdrop for two weeks and still have my Onions.  I'm a Hodler, no intentions to sell, either going to make money or go down in flames.  I don't think it's a scam ... I don't think it' a ponzi ... the thing that concerns me the most is that the Dev has 10% + he staked the premine, and as you pointed out, there are large holders that have been in the air drop from the beginning ... so I can't see how this can avoid a massive dump as the 40th airdrop approached.   I think most DeepOnion holders are expecting it, in fact. The only question for me is will the Dev dump early and abandon the project ... if not, then Deep Onion may have a good future.  If the Dev. dumps, then it was a scam all along, I will be proven wrong.

Having just looked in to the new airdrop rules I think you should also, after week 16 there will be no more 90% rule so all coins can be sold. Each week you will receive a percentage of coins depending on how many you hold (encouraging others to buy coins). To me that really seems very suspect, create a situation that forces people to buy coins with the promise of more free coins and then you can sell yours off on the side.

Ah, didn't know that.  Thanks.  I don't think that rule existed when I was in the airdrop and haven't looked back since. 
mevmike

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 06:30:40 AM

Something is a little fishy with this coin in my opinion - new members need to buy in? A select few now have most of the tokens in their hands.

New members who have bought in will receive very little from the airdrop compared to the original larger holders who will continue to receive loads because they were in first. I think the airdrop program after the rule change now rewards the larger wallets disproportionately.

A ponzi by definition needs more new members to buy in to keep the charade going so that older members can cash out.

Now I'm not saying deeponion IS a ponzi but it appears to be sailing damn close to the wind.

Any thoughts folks?

Regards

i respect your freedom of expression and won't prevent you from doing it.
but here are my thoughts about your thread.
1. first of all the new rules are easier to comply than the old rules.
2. gaining the required 100 onions is not only obtainable through exchanges, contest, bounties and rewards are continuously being held therefore you can use this to accumulate the minimum amount of onions.
3. i am one of the early members of the airdrop, and i think the old members somehow do deserve an edge as compared to the new ones. old members have been through a lot more criticism and challenges.
we've been there when deeponion was still on its early development and supported it in every way we can.
4. for me it is not a ponzi, because no matter what happens with the price i will still be holding it. i am not gonna dump. and i believe this is also the stand of other early members.
Cheesy

﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾   GlodCoin   |  Electronic Currency |  Ethereum Blockchain   ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
› › › › ›  3D Virtual Shopping | VERIFIED And Secured  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
﴾  ﴾  ﴾   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16581

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 06:36:24 AM

3. i am one of the early members of the airdrop
4. for me it is not a ponzi, because no matter what happens with the price i will still be holding it. i am not gonna dump. and i believe this is also the stand of other early members.
It's not an airdrop, it's a signature campaign, heavily spamming the forum for months now.
They've really got you if you say you're not gonna dump, that means all profit goes to the creators.

I have a paying signature under my posts too, but nobody calls it an airdrop. Because it isn't! It's paid advertising.

To beat you to it: no, I don't post here to get paid. I post in altcoin boards for free Smiley

Maum

Activity: 250
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:20:58 AM

Wasn't part of signature campaign or airdrop. So is it worth to buy them on novaexchange or really only ponzi or whatever?
rafter_01

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 07:29:42 AM

I think you guys have this wrong, DEEPONION is a quality project i would suggest reading about it.

Yes, the current airdrop rules were a bit strict but from this week the airdrop rules change. Still one or two rules can be looked at but overall the changes are good.

I'm hoping to get my first airdrop this week.

btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:42:10 AM

I think PIVX has got a few things over Deep Onion (which I think is pretty dodgy) and I think it's about to take off!

Super fast confirming 100% Proof of Stake with Masternodes, self funding and voting governance.  100% private currency.  

It's pretty cool, check it out before the price goes up, they have a big public splash planned now that the wallet is back on Bittrex and Zero Coin is here.  Grin
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:25:04 AM

Any thoughts folks?

Regards

People are saying that deeponion is a copy paste project or whatever. There are also people saying that the devs are using the premined airdrop reserves to stake and make a profit if i remember corerctly(been a long time since i read the accusations).

Their impression to me is not the best, and there is a reason why they are still trading on novaexchange only which is closing down soon.

Is it a ponzi? I don't think that's the case, they're not really offering any guaranteed investment returns.
fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:48:35 AM

I looked at this very briefly. I decided to stay away.

I have noticed however that about 4 weeks ago most of the signatures on this forum were advertising them.

This no longer seems to be the case.
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:59:53 AM

They seem pretty legit from what i've seen. I mean unlike most of the other airdrops/coins they have their own community/forum which has grown quite considerable in size

:]
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:03:11 AM

They seem pretty legit from what i've seen. I mean unlike most of the other airdrops/coins they have their own community/forum which has grown quite considerable in size

Well yeah, having a community doesn't really mean anything. Scam projects such as bitconnect has a huge community including youtubers such as the likes of Trevon James rooting for them, but they are an obvious ponzi scheme.

Deeponion is dodgy at best. As i said, only listed on nova.

Down 25% today just because nova is closing its doors, and that's the only way to trade deeponion right now.
arnew1

Activity: 36
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:13:47 PM

and still it is going up Grin
Onestepinhell

Activity: 462

Good Morning

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 12:27:54 PM

Yes it feels that they want to deceive, or lure people and then steal them.
there will always be suspicions with such conditions. But it may be that everything is normal and it's just an advertising move. So it's up to you))

Sidera | Blockchain Technologies
Decentralized Wearable Devices WEARING THE FUTURE
➜ TELEGRAM ➜ FACEBOOK ➜ TWITTER ➜ REDDIT ➜ LINKEDIN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: