Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:17:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have seen the light  (Read 8437 times)
Peter Lambert (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 03:32:56 PM

See, website around bitcoins can't even keep themselves running. Like when SatoshiDice had its domain registration expire. There are so many people who can't even keep their websites running that it is dragging down bitcoins and the price will continue to slide downward.

Bitcoin is bigger than any one website. As bitcoin expands it brings higher and higher quality people into the community. Even though some sites are failures, others will take their place. The survival of the fittest.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
webcoinx

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:26:08 PM

how bright was the light? lol
Peter Lambert (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:49:55 PM

Very bright. As in, a bright idea. Bitcoin is a bright idea which will enlighten the world.

lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 08:50:17 PM

21*10^14 times brighter!

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 09:15:39 PM

Very bright. As in, a bright idea. Bitcoin is a bright idea which will enlighten the world.

Meh, bitcoins have some nice features, but they are still limited to a very small number of transactions (relative to the total number of transactions made globally), and the massive size of the ever-expanding blockchain seems like an inelegant solution.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 01:17:07 AM

Meh, bitcoins have some nice features, but they are still limited to a very small number of transactions (relative to the total number of transactions made globally), and the massive size of the ever-expanding blockchain seems like an inelegant solution.

Only the Unspent Transaction Output set size matters.  Everything else can be pruned as necessary.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Peter Lambert (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 01:34:21 AM

Not every transaction has to go on the blockchain for bitcoin to be successful. I do not think everybody in the world will use bitcoin exclusively, but I do think eventually everybody in the world will know what bitcoins are, and accept that they have value.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:17:32 AM

Not every transaction has to go on the blockchain for bitcoin to be successful. I do not think everybody in the world will use bitcoin exclusively, but I do think eventually everybody in the world will know what bitcoins are, and accept that they have value.

The light has come

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 02:24:21 PM

The light has come

This quiet bright....I think operating website will tied up our dividend...Friedcat may want to protecting our dividends...
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 12:42:29 AM

The light has come

This quiet bright....I think operating website will tied up our dividend...Friedcat may want to protecting our dividends...

bright as in brilliant ... I own no "shares" of anything, but after seeing this banner graphic, I feel an immediate desire to go buy ASICMiner shares  Grin Wink

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Peter Lambert (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:21:13 PM

Looks like bitcoins are on sale - grab them while they are cheap!

bitcoinbear

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:22:55 PM

Looks like bitcoins are on sale - grab them while they are cheap!

Meh, it is just the giant bubble deflating. Sell some now and buy them back when the price drops below $40.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
Peter Lambert (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:40:06 PM

Ok, I think it looks like the price has bottomed out. With all the recent news, this should be a great time to buy bitocoins before they start going up again!

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 08:47:34 PM

Ok, I think it looks like the price has bottomed out. With all the recent news, this should be a great time to buy bitocoins before they start going up again!

ok!
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 09:22:49 PM

Ok, I think it looks like the price has bottomed out.

I kind of agree, however I lol'd because it always seems to go down whenever anyone says that.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 09:25:53 PM

It sure smells like smurfs in here.
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 10:13:25 PM

To buy or not to buy (yet). That is the Bitcoin permabull.
bitcoinbear

View Profile
July 11, 2013, 02:52:32 PM

It looks like we are having a bit of a bull trap - the price has gone up the past couple days, so all the exuberant bulls will buy up coins just to see the price go down again and lose them their money.

Peter Lambert (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 06:28:35 PM

It looks like we are having a bit of a bull trap - the price has gone up the past couple days, so all the exuberant bulls will buy up coins just to see the price go down again and lose them their money.

Looks like you were wrong, the price has continued upward! onward and upward to new heights!

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 02:17:58 AM

Oh so the contest was on BITCOIN forum, I like how you excluded that from your original post.

I didn't think it really mattered; I was not making a point about the contest, I was saying how it was easy, quick, and cheap to send a bunch of payments simultaneously to diverse recipients.

Paypal has no fee though and funds appear instantly and also participants can easily spend them, so why bitcoin was better FOR THIS PARTICULAR PURPOSE?

Unless you are legitimately giving a gift, PayPal has fairly high fees.  If you misuse the gift option you expose yourself to having your PayPal account and its balance frozen for up to six months.

yes this ^
(it happened to me and i'll never use paypal again).

plus the fact bitcoin is the antithesis of the Federal Reserve system and gas the power to bring it to its deserved death should be enough reason for anyone who knows how evil the fed. reserve is.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: