Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:41:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Agreement to pay johnblaze 1BTC  (Read 1758 times)
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 01:41:10 PM

he has come down to my level, basically..

Grin

Excuse me? No, you're still pretty bad. Maybe I shouldn't have left. Back to the shitcan with your trust. Smiley

Do I think what he's done is ok? No, I think it's very immoral. But if someone offers to make up with you for a $100 bet, that you might have never paid out, shown by your failure to use escrow, and you still say you'll ruin their rep? That's being an ass.

lol, the funny thing is, this scammer has actually confused you so much that you are falling for his tricks

when you make a deal (a bet in this case), you are obligated to uphold your end, otherwise you are a scammer. you do not get to negotiate if and how you will uphold your end. you either do it or you dont.

he hasn't and he won't.

his reputation SHOULD be ruined, regardless if he pays me or not. suppose he engages in another deal with another forum member. the other member pays him for something. he turns around and says that he will not uphold his end unless X, X, and X other demands are met. lol i can't believe this even needs to be said

K, I know what scamming is, dude.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnblaze

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:44:59 PM

K, I know what scamming is, dude.

yes, but do you realize what the reputation system is for? how can you say that i'm being an ass by leaving my feedback? obviously if he pays me, i will change the feedback from "scammed me" to something like "potential scammer who will hold your funds hostage conditional upon other demands".

whether he pays me or not, his reputation already speaks for itself. hell, he ADMITS TO SCAMMING lol
johnblaze

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:49:27 PM

you forgot the rest of the score

CanadianGuy
Trust: -14: -3 / +0(0)
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 01:50:54 PM

Canadianguy +1btc
Johnblaze -1btc

final score

I think this thread is enough to get you scammer tagged, in fact.

johnblaze

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 01:52:35 PM

he actually deserves a second negative feedback, this time referencing this thread, for trying to hold the funds hostage and make demands as if he is doing us all a favor to release the coin
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2013, 02:04:40 PM

For reference, what BadBear witnessed is still valid. Untrusted feedback does not mean much anyway if you get positive trusted feedback, @CanadianGuy.

johnblaze

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:08:08 PM

i think given his actions, other members should be warned about his potential behavior, regardless of the outcome of my particular case
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 05:18:09 PM

A scammer tag is long overdue at this point.

firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:13:02 AM

I do not agree with your decision to leave the feedback even if he pays you, you're really being sour.

The feedback on CanadianGuy has been removed, I no longer wish to be involved in this.

Finally some ethics showing through.

To all the rest of you (most especially tradefortress) - you let one asshat use your reputation and/or goodname to attack another asshat... and imo its cost you must more than the effort was worth.

johnblaze

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 01:20:41 AM

another bitcointalk'er not knowing what ethics are. perhaps you should actually read both threads in full before jumping to conclusions

in case you haven't noticed, DiamondCardz has since rectified the mistake of his that you quoted, realizing the scam that this guy is trying to pull off

i never tried to use anyone's reputation to do anything. get your facts straight. all i did was post a thread exposing a scammer for what he is. everyone acted appropriately in response.
WuLabsWuTecH

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 02:53:54 AM

Just saw this on your trust page.  Did he pay you already?  Or is it just more lies?

I sent him 1BTC after acknowledgement of missed payment and he acted like he never got it. Since then him and his friends have added scammer tags to my profile. He is obviously trying to squeeze another 1 BTC out of me.
johnblaze

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 04:24:04 AM

LOL

thanks for pointing that out WuLabsWuTecH

no, he did not pay me. you can easily verify by searching blockchain.info with the address i posted in the bet thread

even bigger lols to @bitwhizz and @firefop for trying to defend this guy. now he is blatantly lying in the feedback that he is posting about me.
happygeorge

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

In da Jungle!

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:00:58 AM

Excuse me? No, you're still pretty bad.

You're excused.  "Down to my level" means I that yes -- I am pretty fucking bad.  What am I missing here?  All I was saying is that he has come down to the same level as me, refusing to come to an agreement because of emotional issues.  Quite an interesting experiment.   Cheesy

Hey CanadianGuy, why don't you come FULL CIRCLE on your "experiment" here, and pay JohnBlaze, and see what happens! Smiley

I am really curious!  

You are also correct on that there are 'bad'  or shall I say, ASSHOLE Canadians on this planet... you definitely seem like one of them...

Okay, maybe not totally "asshole" but definitely a  "bad-asshole" more than a badass.

Please entertain us, pay JohnBlaze, and lets see what happens here!

Test the system!
happygeorge

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

In da Jungle!

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 11:03:44 AM

Here is a video of BAD-ASSHOLE Canadians:

http://youtu.be/RM3W5XBrVEA

Grin

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print