Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:09:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 21 million bitcoins - 11+ billion people  (Read 1654 times)
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:29:26 AM

John McAfee: ‘Bitcoin moves above  $500,000 within three years. Bets?’
https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/887012614131372032

After Token Sale, StockBet will enable McAfee and you to bet against each other.

John McAfee: ‘I will eat my d–k’ on national television if I lose $500K Bitcoin bet

So three years thats 2020 i think reaching $500k is a stretch of course i would like it to be true but i will not bet on it. My speculation is $20k - $25k.

Predicting/speculating  the far future (like 50 years and more) is impossible specially with bitcoin since the technology is fairly new.

For the topic yes there are only 21 million bitcoin that can be mine and some bitcoin could be lost through the years. If bitcoin becomes really expensive like 1 bitcoin = millions then remember that it has satoshi.we do not know but there could be a time that 1 satoshi can equal to one dollar.

Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:39:55 AM

It's hard to say if by 2140 bitcoins will even be the same technology. I'm sure by then things will have changed so much that what we're using today will be obsolete.

That being said, maybe something better would come along that solved the decentralization issues etc. I'm in for the long haul but getting caught in a rut is not my deal.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:56:31 AM

Those are eye popping numbers. That is even assuming that there would be 21 million Bitcoins in circulation, which we know is not going to happen. Satoshi alone is estimated to have disappeared with 1 million, so we only have around 20 million at best, without even counting coins that are lost daily. I know that Bitcoin is a deflationary currency but I honestly have never even thought about its value reaching those heights.

Still, this is assuming that we reach global levels of demand, and that Bitcoin will live that long. I'm not too skeptical of either factor, but we're currently still way off mass adoption, and Bitcoin isn't even a decade old. Projections are nice, but there will be hiccups along the way for sure, especially with the length of the time period involved.

RAmondragon

Activity: 197
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:56:36 AM

There's a hard limit on the number of bitcoins that can be mined: 21 million coins, which is expected to be reached by 2140.

The world is expected to add another billion people within the next 15 years, bringing the total global population from 7.3 billion in mid-2015 to 8.5 billion in 2030, 9.7 billion in 2050, and 11.2 billion by 2100, according to new estimates from the UN.

If bitcoin truly does explode in popularity, think about this for a minute;

Only 21 million bitcoins and 11+ billion people.
With this ratio, the possible price of 1 bitcoin could be huge.

What are your honest price predictions given total world popularity in the years 2020, 2050, 2140?

2020: 20k
2050: 100k
2140: 1m

For me I'd settle at $10~13k in the next 3 years. But in the distant future, I like to think that the blockchain technology will be used by each country to create their own coin each surpassing bitcoin with better technology, faster and cheaper transactions as banks will be converted to mining farms. Governments will accept but cannot control it. Fiat will cease to exist as these new coins will be the standard and can be exchanged like fiat was between currencies.  Grin

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
culuuton

Activity: 1590
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:07:48 AM

There's a hard limit on the number of bitcoins that can be mined: 21 million coins, which is expected to be reached by 2140.

The world is expected to add another billion people within the next 15 years, bringing the total global population from 7.3 billion in mid-2015 to 8.5 billion in 2030, 9.7 billion in 2050, and 11.2 billion by 2100, according to new estimates from the UN.

What are your honest price predictions given total world popularity in the years 2020, 2050, 2140?

We are sitting here now and talking about 2140, is it too far? The number of bitcoins are fixed, the number of people born and the number of people use it is increasing rapidly.
2020 is 20k but 2050 isn't 100k(i think 200k).
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:46:19 AM

The data you've provided isn't actually significant when it comes to bitcoin price speculation. Take note that not all 11+ billion people in 2100 will invest in bitcoin. Another thing is that the ratio between the users and the bitcoin wallets that they use is not actually 1:1 since some of these people uses multiple bitcoin wallets.

That implies that the population isn't directly proportional to the number of bitcoin users. There's a tendency that in the coming years, the number of bitcoin users will decrease even if the population grows especially that a lot of new altcoins are now available in the market. No one can really predict the price of bitcoin in the future. We should consider other factors that might affect bitcoin price in the future, and the support that it will get from the next generation.
CryptoScorpio

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:09:01 AM

Yes but fractions of bitcoins can be used though the population is more than amount of bitcoins and coming to predictions it will reach 20k in 2019 and will reach 100k in 2030 and I dont know about 1 million
pawanjain

Activity: 2688
Merit: 715

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:55:23 AM

wait a minute, that value will be reached when bitcoin is the only one project.
but see out there, so many project with some good program and system in it.
and many Coin not only use bitcoin for their pair, they use Fiat too.
clearly, no one know the future in bitcoin. Just enjoy the profit haha  Grin
That's the point people are ignoring here. Bitcoin can reach at a very good level in the upcoming years but there are also some pretty good coins like Ethereum, Neo, LTC etc... which might rise well in upcoming years. Also, if the price of BTC reaches so high why do you think people will still want to buy it. Obviously BTC won't be able to provide enough profit if the cost is so high. There are other technologies at a cheaper rate and people will surely migrate to it when they think it's too costly to buy BTC now.
I am a BTC supporter too but there is a fact that BTC will be costly in future  and people will want to explore other opportunities than to invest in a coin that's already out of the league.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 04:20:51 AM

Now technology and technology are developing very rapidly. No one can say what will be invented in 5 to 10 years. Therefore, to predict the price of bitcoin for a hundred years ahead, the occupation is absolutely useless and unpromising. It may well be that soon we will have even more new technologies associated with the digital currency, which will eclipse the glory of bitcoin.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
aizen10

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:34:33 AM

nice population prediction/speculation OP, any way if that happen that population vs quantity of bitcoin world wide? bitcoin price will increase huge because of its on going demand in the future. we also know that bitcoin by now is more famous and getting legendary by time pass by, we cant stop the flow of this bitcoin and the growth of population so 11 billion people (not including those people that not educated in crypto) divided by 21million bitcoin = Huh? . it become more unimaginable value than gold i think.
danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:38:05 AM

in the end we will always be faced with the fact that the amount of bitcoin is very limited and as you explain if the amount is not comparable with the human population in the future.

That implies that the population isn't directly proportional to the number of bitcoin users. There's a tendency that in the coming years, the number of bitcoin users will decrease even if the population grows especially that a lot of new altcoins are now available in the market. No one can really predict the price of bitcoin in the future. We should consider other factors that might affect bitcoin price in the future, and the support that it will get from the next generation.

however, I also agree with the above statement. although the human population in the future becomes more, not necessarily all of them use bitcoin.
besides, with the current technological advances, I am sure that in the future there will be more and more emerging new altcoin which can be the second choice besides bitcoin.

about the price, I can not imagine, the higher the bitcoin price in 2020, and so on.

fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:40:08 AM

It post seems nice but am preety worried about something

Well yes the population is rising so are the count of countries that are banning bitcoins.
People are using bitcoins for illegal use thus we are in a pinch right now, to predict anything would lead to hopes that might now be answered in the future because we don't know if bitcoins are here to stay.
With goverment making bitcoins taxable and generating high revenue its preety possible that some people might switch to another investment considering the amount of revenue that they had to pay.
If bitcoins stayed obviously! It will reach 1 million in no time.But I think we should first consider if it stays or not before considering the possibility of it reaching millions.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:57:38 AM

the world's population of 11 billion is a little misleading because obviously not everyone is going to invest in bitcoin and many of them are children or old people. not to mention all the third world countries which have places without internet or any computer around.

it is also misleading because it is too big Cheesy
if only 21 million people invest in bitcoin, the (21 million +1)th person will have to beg the rest to sell him the coin that is already scarce. that is how this thing will work.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:04:16 AM

That would be the price of bitcoin when the final year of mining will occur speculated in the 2140 $1M+ due to the demand of the overflowing billions of population If the bitcoin is still the leading and the lifeblood of the cryptocurrencies. We can't really say if the bitcoin will still survive and alive for those future years. It would be there is something new digital coin that will step up and grab the throne from the btc or there will be a brand new system that will beat blockchain technology and produce new currency having a better features and security than bitcoin.
b_parin

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:11:40 AM

For me the estimated growth of bitcoin price per year from now would be:

2017 ---- $6K - $6.8K
2018 ---- $6.8K - $8K
2019 ---- $8K - $9.5k
2020 ---$9.5K - $12K

So I believe that in year 2020, the current price of bitcoin will be double up.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:15:15 AM

That is why every satoshi will matter.
Maybe at that huge population that bitcoin will handle it will be satoshi who will be the main trade.
That 21 million is not exact anymore. Many are lost and everyday there may be more that is lost in wallets that are stucked or cannot be recovered.
2020-10k to 15k.
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:16:06 AM

My expectation would be;
10k by 2020 and it is hard to predict price of bitcoin after more than 30 years from now because as it is just a virtual asset which totally depends upon encryption. Also lots of other factors can affect the price of bitcoin at any point.
maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:26:13 AM

as an ordinary people which don't following the growth of bitcoin in many places, it is difficult to say how much bitcoin price in the years 2020, 2050, 2140. but maybe i will predict bitcoin price in the year 2020, the price will be more than $10k because we are in the end of 2017 and we have 2 years more to 2020 and the price is reach at $5xxx. i think in the next 2 years the price will be increase too high like my predictions especially the team behind bitcoin will make many new innovations and there is many adoption in every where and this could makes bitcoin price is increase.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:50:46 AM

I think that was the greatest strategy of Satoshi Nakomoto - the short number of coins and the greatest demand and the huge price in the final. I have heard an opinion that in the future Bitcoin will be used only for money storage, but for payments some other crypto-currency like Litecoin.
Kakmakr
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1958

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:54:41 AM

At the rate at which Bitcoin is forked and new Alt coins created, we might not even see people investing in Bitcoin BTC in the near future. Every fork or private Alt coin being developed by banks and governments, will decrease the investment in Bitcoin in the future.

Less demand = lower price

The question is, which flavour of Bitcoin would be the most successful in the future. < We added 2 within a year >

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄