Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:53:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you hold your coins?  (Read 3658 times)
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:31:43 PM

It depends on the volume of your investment. But still I recommend keeping the most part on a cold purse. Now is the time that it is not entirely safe to store large amounts on exchanges.
francedeni

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:52:26 PM

It depends on the volume of your investment. But still I recommend keeping the most part on a cold purse. Now is the time that it is not entirely safe to store large amounts on exchanges.
I did not choose to save or hold my coins in an exchange as this not a good idea and not safe. I just put all my coins in myetherwallet which I only hold my private keys. So, I have not encountered any problem on this.
biletskiy

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:50:32 PM

I would not keep coins on Android wallet. My preference and the best choice for doing it is a desktop wallet. You can use Blockchain, which belongs to the most trusted ones. It is absolutely simple even for an individual, who deals with it for the 1st time and knows nothing about it.
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:58:43 PM

So i'm new to cryptocurrency, actually just started 2 days ago, was reading about cryptocurrency, and stumbled upon Neblio and decided to go for it.

Now i'm holding about 600$ worth of Neblio on Cryptopia, which i'm fairly certain it will reach at least 2x, but aiming at x4 early next year to be honest.

Anyway, i want to sit on the Neblio for a while, but i don't want to have it hostage on an Exchange, so what are the best and safer solutions, Desktop and Online to hold he currency?

you don't have to worry, I never have altcoin problem save in exchange. so pretty safe I guess. because I personally have not gotten into trouble if my altcoin is kept for a long time in the exchange.

cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:05:24 PM

desktop wallets,be sure not to save your private keys in your computer .

Sivanandam

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:14:28 PM

Hi,

If you have ETH based tokens you can save it in MyEtherWallet and export it as JSON. Please remember the private key or write it down in a notebook (offline) and keep the files uploaded to your preferred cloud storage & also in your PC.

You can recover the coins anytime using private key

Do not put all eggs in the same basket. Keep some coins in the wallet, some in exchange and some as exported as JSON - Thats how i have been doing.

Thanks
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:45:20 PM

I like to store my coins in wallet which I have the private key because I feel safe with my private key.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
thinkpad99

Activity: 654
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:55:05 PM

So i'm new to cryptocurrency, actually just started 2 days ago, was reading about cryptocurrency, and stumbled upon Neblio and decided to go for it.

Now i'm holding about 600$ worth of Neblio on Cryptopia, which i'm fairly certain it will reach at least 2x, but aiming at x4 early next year to be honest.

Anyway, i want to sit on the Neblio for a while, but i don't want to have it hostage on an Exchange, so what are the best and safer solutions, Desktop and Online to hold he currency?

Trezor, if it doesn't support the coin, then desktop wallet.

Of course, my funds are held in a blockchain portfolio. It's a really good way to go and recommend to anyone. I've never been disappointed with it and hope it stays that way.
Donaldturp

Activity: 228

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:01:16 PM

Trezor, if it doesn't support the coin, then desktop wallet.

Of course, my funds are held in a blockchain portfolio. It's a really good way to go and recommend to anyone. I've never been disappointed with it and hope it stays that way.

What is blockchain portfolio? Is it blockchain.info online wallet? If yes, it's not that secure since you don't have your private keys dude. They can clear your funds someday. You can't trust them.

Download bitcoin core 0.15.0.1 and start using it, I suggest.
kambaralikhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:09:19 PM

I suggest that you better use desktop wallet to keep your coins because this is one of the most secure way but be very careful with the private keys but for faster profit, you can hold them in the exchange, by which you can sell the coin in any price with pending order and for neblio, download nebl.io/wallets.
Some coins do not have a desktop wallet so you can keep them in exchange.

styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:10:47 PM

Some in exchanges, some in mobile wallet and some in hardware wallet. I diversified my coins, it is safer instead of holding all in hardware wallet.

I'm a bit like that, I have small quantities all over the place. I don't fully trust exchanges, but also I don't fully trust myself not to do something stupid if I have everything in my own wallet. The problem with this approach is keeping track of where everything is.
chefcryptoshark

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:21:33 PM

Some in exchanges, some in mobile wallet and some in hardware wallet. I diversified my coins, it is safer instead of holding all in hardware wallet.

I'm a bit like that, I have small quantities all over the place. I don't fully trust exchanges, but also I don't fully trust myself not to do something stupid if I have everything in my own wallet. The problem with this approach is keeping track of where everything is.

Preach!

With all of the issues that have come up with exchanges, it is risky to have all of your $$ in one place. Some exchanges have more liquidity than others, so it is valuable to diversify not only your holdings but also where it is held.
ujjwalsethi

Activity: 213
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:06:30 PM

MEW is the best wallet to hold coins. There are many wallets but MEW is the best one as it is very simple to operate all the transactions are very easy to made. It is very User Friendly and anyone new person can operate it. The best part is it is very easy to sell coins on this wallet.

vadimkavp

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 06:29:35 PM

I tried a lot of different purses, but the best is MyEtherWallet. It's easy to monitor transactions. When connecting via the Ledger is very reliable.
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:05:14 PM

I quickly convert to BTC and hold in blockchain.info. I feel secured there. I am  do not confidence in some the exchanges around now. The cyber security there in blockchain.info is high and encouraging.
SerenW

Activity: 169
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 09:26:23 PM

After the mtgox, cryptsy and many other exchanges scam history, I'd say never store your coin in the exchange if you're in for long term, just download the official wallet and store in it.

BTC: bc1qky6p6aptuqcha650dclqhs0k4pawrqc7g0zhz8
ETH: 0x7407Ee8B6cFED6E1cabd67dC91D23D9DB5D7e801
inbtctrust

Activity: 53
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:32:51 PM

all my coins are in myetherwallet, its really user friendly
bitcryptone

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 12:27:51 AM

read this thread and chose myetherwallet and it really is easy to use, i'm quit satisfied so far
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 12:55:17 AM

the safer place to hold any coins is on the desktop wallet
just download gere https://nebl.io/wallets
but for faster profit you can hold in exchange, so you can sell the coin in any price with pending order
How about using desktop wallet EXODUS ? thats a faster wallet i have ever use. With top speed block syncronize you will enjoy it. And thats wallet support any altcoin and become a recomended wallet by a top trader of cryptocurrency. Hope it will help ☺

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
banake

Activity: 109

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:09:49 AM

I save my coins on 3 places: trezor device, on exchange, my desktop wallet.
You should buy 1 hard wallet: trezor, legend S, keepkey..to hold your coin
They are safest wave to save your coin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: