Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:22:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bittrex going to issue the new btc segwit2x?  (Read 6326 times)
Cointoad (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:52:35 PM

hi everybody,

I got a question, is bittrex going to issue both of the new btc after the hard fork in november? Does anyone have any info on that?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:56:51 PM

They haven't made an official statement as to whether they will credit SegWit2X or not to their users as far as I know.
But from what we have seen in the past, they will most likely do.
That was the case with Bitcoin Cash. You can also read their recent statement on Bitcoin Gold: https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002320451-Statement-on-Bitcoin-Gold-BTG-
Bittrex will make all reasonable attempts to credit our users BTG but until we have a fully supported wallet, we can neither guarantee tokens or consider creating a market. We will continue to monitor the state of the codebase and network. We'd also like to encourage the BTG development team to reach out to us.
mariusr22

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:23:42 PM

They haven't made an official statement as to whether they will credit SegWit2X or not to their users as far as I know.
That was the case with Bitcoin Cash. You can also read their recent statement on Bitcoin Gold: https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002320451-Statement-on-Bitcoin-Gold-BTG-
Bittrex will make all reasonable attempts to credit our users BTG but until we have a fully supported wallet, we can neither guarantee tokens or consider creating a market. We will continue to monitor the state of the codebase and network. We'd also like to encourage the BTG development team to reach out to us.

Don't be so sure! They said that they will support bitcoin gold and in the last minute they changed their mind and did not supported the new coin. I moved my holdings to them to receive the new shares based on their initial announcement and my BTG coins got lost. Sad
rapidleech

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:51:09 PM

bittrex is scam
they disabled thousand of account without any reason & do not respond to tickets
you are looking for BTG?

lol
Cointoad (OP)

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:11:12 PM

Don't be so sure! They said that they will support bitcoin gold and in the last minute they changed their mind and did not supported the new coin. I moved my holdings to them to receive the new shares based on their initial announcement and my BTG coins got lost. Sad

It's a sh*tty move to "change' their mind the last second. Leaving everyone in doubt while keeping your btc on their exchange.
What is stopping them to use your BTC to claim the BTG without you ever knowing?

It's the same with cryptopia, they didn't support the Bitcoin Gold. But what is stopping them to use your bitcoin to collect bitcoin gold, without you ever knowing?
I guess that would be the biggest reason why they didn't want to support the new bitcoin.
milindabandara

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:32:59 PM

It's a sh*tty move to "change' their mind the last second. Leaving everyone in doubt while keeping your btc on their exchange.
What is stopping them to use your BTC to claim the BTG without you ever knowing?

It's the same with cryptopia, they didn't support the Bitcoin Gold. But what is stopping them to use your bitcoin to collect bitcoin gold, without you ever knowing?
I guess that would be the biggest reason why they didn't want to support the new bitcoin.

So you are telling Bittrex will not giving BTG amount similar to the BTC amount. which they haven't provide already.
heroesjourney

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:29:05 PM

Can someone provide a link with official statement from Bittrex stating they will not honour their original decision to pay out Bitcoin Gold?
amaddio

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:42:49 PM

I didn't understand ..  Bittrex will support the Segwitx2 yes or no? Coinbase I know will support it
grunderwear

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 04:27:28 AM

Bittrex never said they would support Bitcoin Gold.  They said they would issue Bitcoin Gold IF several valid conditions were met by the Bitcoin Gold developers, proving that Bitcoin Gold was legit and here to stay.  The BTG developers were and still are very secretive and that doesn't go over well with exchanges.  As of yet those things have not happened.  Here's part of the Bittrex statement on it:

"Bittrex will make all reasonable attempts to credit our users BTG but until we have a fully supported wallet, we can neither guarantee tokens or consider creating a market. We will continue to monitor the state of the codebase and network. We'd also like to encourage the BTG development team to reach out to us."

Here's their full statement:

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002320451-Statement-on-Bitcoin-Gold-BTG-

Bittrex is not a scam.  They closed a fraction of a percentage of their millions of accounts about 4 weeks ago for users that had not completed the account validation that SEC rules were now requiring Bittrex to comply with.  Over the subsequent weeks those accounts were reinstated as those users validated their info.

Bittrex has not take a position on the Segwit2x fork yet.  My guess is they will issue B2X tokens, but that is ME saying that, not them.
mapie88

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:41:46 PM

Here's the statement published today by the Bittrex team: https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002603211-Statement-on-Bitcoin-Segwit2x-hard-fork

All bitcoin owners will be credited an equivalent amount of segwit2x tokens at the time of the fork, with Bitcoin "Legacy" keeping the "Bitcoin" denomination (at least, at first).

milindabandara

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:56:33 AM

When is the date this folk gonna happen and Bittrex gonna support for that?

And also, Do when they provide new coins, do they take so much of time like they doing for BTG?
mhackgyver

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:19:53 PM

16 nov:

http://bashco.github.io/2x_Countdown/
mhackgyver

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 02:21:05 PM