Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:31:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You are fools  (Read 4674 times)
linuxer (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Official Troll of bitcointalk,Certified by John K.

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:17:37 PM

When price goes down People say xx sold their thousands of bitcoins so price went down
Stupids, if they sold it, someone bought it too..

When price goes up, people say, someone bought thousands of bitcoins so price went high
Stupids, they bought it because someone sold them..

Now tell me why price goes up down.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlueNote

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:32:32 PM

When price goes down People say xx sold their thousands of bitcoins so price went down

When price goes up, people say, someone bought thousands of bitcoins so price went high

If there are more eager sellers than buyers, the sellers will lower their ask prices in order to entice buyers to buy. The price goes down.

If there are more eager buyers than sellers, the buyers raise their bid prices in order to entice sellers to sell. The price goes up.

1HQbvGAEKKSrwCHv9RZNHoQPGmtLQmiu85
Luciddd

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:34:54 PM

Uh what? lol

Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 11:46:00 PM

Typically what happens is people put up 'sell' orders above the market price. Then somebody comes along and fills them, so the price moves when they execute their 'buy'.

The terminology of a 'buy' or 'sell' refer to which one is the market order. Of course there is always an equal amount of limit orders being filled, but the market order is the one moving the market, limit orders cannot move the price directly.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
kodo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:14:07 AM

lol so we are all fools? even though I didnt do any of that stated in the thread
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:41:02 AM

If there are more eager sellers than buyers, the sellers will lower their ask prices in order to entice buyers to buy. The price goes down.

If there are more eager buyers than sellers, the buyers raise their bid prices in order to entice sellers to sell. The price goes up.

I think the key word here is "eager".
TheEmperor

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:56:56 AM

Ironic that you have posted this in the Economics section yet clearly have no understanding of the Economics of any market, let alone Bitcoin.

Here is why price moves:-

New information
Uncertainty
Psychological Factors
Fear
Greed
Supply and Demand

1. Buy a sword.
2. Name it Kindness.
3. Kill people with Kindness.
axefrog

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:53:22 PM

A limit order is an order placed to wait and buy or sell only at a specific price, and it will sit there until a market order comes through that satisfies it.
A market order is an order to buy or sell at whatever price is acceptable right now, as per the available limit orders.
The set of unsatisfied limit orders at any given time is the "order book".

When an order occurs within an exchange, it has two sides; a market order which initiates one or more transactions, and one or more limit orders that are consumed to satisfy the whole of the market order.

Let's say that the current order book shows 25BTC available to buy @ $99.00, then 20BTC @ $99.10, then 130 @ $99.20, then 50 @ $99.30. This means the current buy price is $99.00 because I can buy bitcoins right now at $99.00. Now let's say I want to place a market order to buy 100BTC right now. To satisfy this order, I first buy up the 25 BTC inventory available at the $99.00 price point. Now that there are none left at that price, I need to buy at the next price point, $99.10. So far I've bought 45BTC of my 100BTC order. Now the cheapest remaining BTC in the order book are the 130BTC at the $99.20 price point, so I buy 55BTC of that, thus completing my market order, and leaving 75BTC still in the order book at the $99.20 price point. Given that that is now the cheapest available price for BTC in the order book, we can say that the price just changed from $99.00 to $99.20, hence the price moved up, as you would see at a glance.

Similarly, if I place a market order to sell, then I am consuming limit orders on the buy side, starting with those paying the highest rate, then the next highest rate and so on until my sell order is satisfied (i.e. my BTC are bought by the buyers who placed the limit orders to buy). Because I'm consuming limit orders that pay the highest price first, then they will no longer exist when I am done, and the next highest will be the best remaining price that anyone is willing to pay, so it can be said that I am driving the price downwards.

You will note of course that both of these (market orders to both buy and sell) can consume the available limit orders in both directions at the same time. That's where the "spread" comes in. It's the area between the highest "buy" price and the lowest "sell" price. If market orders are executed that consume all of the limit orders around a given price point, the spread grows. What happens next is that people who want to be the first to be chosen to be bought from or sold to then go and place new limit orders inside the spread area, thus closing the gap between the highest buy price and the lowest sell price. A healthy market generally has a low spread, as people exist who both want to buy and sell. If the market is falling, the spread will tend to be filled only with limit orders to sell, which pushes the spread area down towards lower price points. When the market is rising, the opposite happens.
kodo

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 10:20:13 PM

A limit order is an order placed to wait and buy or sell only at a specific price, and it will sit there until a market order comes through that satisfies it.
A market order is an order to buy or sell at whatever price is acceptable right now, as per the available limit orders.
The set of unsatisfied limit orders at any given time is the "order book".

When an order occurs within an exchange, it has two sides; a market order which initiates one or more transactions, and one or more limit orders that are consumed to satisfy the whole of the market order.

Let's say that the current order book shows 25BTC available to buy @ $99.00, then 20BTC @ $99.10, then 130 @ $99.20, then 50 @ $99.30. This means the current buy price is $99.00 because I can buy bitcoins right now at $99.00. Now let's say I want to place a market order to buy 100BTC right now. To satisfy this order, I first buy up the 25 BTC inventory available at the $99.00 price point. Now that there are none left at that price, I need to buy at the next price point, $99.10. So far I've bought 45BTC of my 100BTC order. Now the cheapest remaining BTC in the order book are the 130BTC at the $99.20 price point, so I buy 55BTC of that, thus completing my market order, and leaving 75BTC still in the order book at the $99.20 price point. Given that that is now the cheapest available price for BTC in the order book, we can say that the price just changed from $99.00 to $99.20, hence the price moved up, as you would see at a glance.

Similarly, if I place a market order to sell, then I am consuming limit orders on the buy side, starting with those paying the highest rate, then the next highest rate and so on until my sell order is satisfied (i.e. my BTC are bought by the buyers who placed the limit orders to buy). Because I'm consuming limit orders that pay the highest price first, then they will no longer exist when I am done, and the next highest will be the best remaining price that anyone is willing to pay, so it can be said that I am driving the price downwards.

You will note of course that both of these (market orders to both buy and sell) can consume the available limit orders in both directions at the same time. That's where the "spread" comes in. It's the area between the highest "buy" price and the lowest "sell" price. If market orders are executed that consume all of the limit orders around a given price point, the spread grows. What happens next is that people who want to be the first to be chosen to be bought from or sold to then go and place new limit orders inside the spread area, thus closing the gap between the highest buy price and the lowest sell price. A healthy market generally has a low spread, as people exist who both want to buy and sell. If the market is falling, the spread will tend to be filled only with limit orders to sell, which pushes the spread area down towards lower price points. When the market is rising, the opposite happens.

This is great, well done.
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 10:29:45 PM

When somebody wants to sell thousands of bitcoins, he needs to ask lower than market price, because otherwise he will have hard time to find enough buyers, you stupid ass.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 11:10:14 PM

You are a fool.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
No 1

Ad Infinitum Et Ultra

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:53:27 AM

riddle of the day goes to..

12wqXQuExLnWoWWQy7j35hzBEW91bUz1YS
LcbBQ5oXtTjyKK4V8iaDqgUAAtahv9nsHR
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 03:39:36 AM

Am I even replying to this?  Damn, it must have been a booooooooooring day ...  Roll Eyes

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
asdf

Activity: 527

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:55:05 AM

Trololololo
linuxer (OP)

Activity: 98

Official Troll of bitcointalk,Certified by John K.

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:08:40 AM

When somebody wants to sell thousands of bitcoins, he needs to ask lower than market price, because otherwise he will have hard time to find enough buyers, you stupid ass.

You are the stupid actully and if that's the case why price is low, why don't all you fucking idiots place their sell order at 500$ and wait for some days.
yvv
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 12:49:42 PM

You are the stupid actully and if that's the case why price is low, why don't all you fucking idiots place their sell order at 500$ and wait for some days.

Because some people need USD now, you stupid ape.

TheEmperor

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 01:25:37 PM

You are the stupid one actually and if that's the case why price is low, why don't all you fucking idiots place your sell orders at 500$ and wait for some days.

FTFY

1. Buy a sword.
2. Name it Kindness.
3. Kill people with Kindness.
bitzox

Activity: 172

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:49:52 PM

Man you totally earn that official troll title

18QpV8ZF3Y4oK8guDQiwTAK73W9r5nvBtm
veteranBtc

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:51:28 PM

Maybe someone sells and someone else buy, no?

savantguy

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 09:25:31 PM

getting some popcorn...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: