Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:07:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Freewallet.org is a scam  (Read 644 times)
seriously2 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:02:49 PM

Had 2 diff tokens sent to this wallet..

Provided tx hash and address showing the tokens on the address.

they tell me "it takes time to locate"

again... the address and tx hash provided... "time to locate"

this wallet is a scam
seriously2 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:04:20 PM

this wallet is a scam

Can very clearly see the tokens on my address via etherscanhttps://etherscan.io/address/0x9cb2129f570bfff1cb26946ff32eed00711fb1ab#tokentxns

yet they have to "locate"
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:58:05 AM

AFAIK you cant see your tokens on that waller instead your eth balance only, if you can access your eth private keys, you can use it to login via myetherwallet then there you can spend your tokens if this wallet cant provide you the private keys then your tokens are lost forever.
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:03:09 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2017, 05:15:27 AM by haroldtee

this wallet is a scam

Firstly, where you got it wrong is using a centralised wallet address to accept your tokens. They do not give out private keys so you have no control over your wallet and that is why you cannot view your token and I am sorry you may not be able to send it out and even though some few tokens are accepted, yours may not. You can only keep watching as it grows on etherscan until may be freewallet decides one day to let users have access to their private keys which I doubt or accept the token.

For future purpose, try to open a My Ether Wallet account which gives you access to your private key or if you have an android smartphone, you can download a wallet called EtherWallet, I think by vladmiyr or so, as it gives you access to your ether private keys and you can also view any token sent to that wallet. Always make sure you backup your private keys anyway and keep it safe.

Cheers!
Freewallet

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 08:30:43 PM

this wallet is a scam

seriously2, there currently are 80+ ERC20 tokens supported in our app. If you sent the tokens the support for which hasn't been enabled yet, they will be retrieved as soon as there's a technical possibility for it. Our support reps have confirmed they received the transaction hash from you; as soon as your refund is completed, we'll make sure to notify you.

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:47:38 PM

Well if it's true that you sent the wrong ERC20(aka unsupported) tokens to their addresses then there is really nothing you can do. They've upheld their end of the deal but you didn't read their supported tokens properly.

However if it is one of the supported ERC20 tokens, then it's unacceptable.

Still, it's probably too early to call them a "scam". Hopefully everything gets resolved, though.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:54:24 AM

this wallet is a scam

seriously2, there currently are 80+ ERC20 tokens supported in our app. If you sent the tokens the support for which hasn't been enabled yet, they will be retrieved as soon as there's a technical possibility for it. Our support reps have confirmed they received the transaction hash from you; as soon as your refund is completed, we'll make sure to notify you.

Then this will answer your question, if you send a token that is not supported of freewallet.org then you have to enable it to their support if it's even possible.
And to freewallet.org representative, make your name shine in this forum coz there are too many accusations and negative feedbacks to your service so please fix it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: