Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:34:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the deal with Pulse / Magnetic generators? (Free electricity)  (Read 5634 times)
mxc0bbn (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

Welcome to Miami!

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:32:02 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2013, 12:51:43 AM by mxc0bbn

I have seen and read so much crap on these with comments going both ways that I'm not sure what to believe...

My common sense tells me that if this "free" power were really viable three things would be happening:

a) there would be videos of electrical equipment working off these generators in the middle of an open field in the desert to prove that there is no other way the energy is being generated

b) you would have a lot of buzz by governments and electric companies (negative of course because this smashes one of their levers of control over people).

c)  Solar panel makers would be trashing these because it would definitely cut into their business...

Since I'm seeing none of these there is an overwhelming need to call BULLSHIT on this...but since there is always someone smarter I thought I'd put it out there...what do you folks think?

I tend to give it a small level of credence because frankly, all new innovative tech seems like magic to those not in the know...I just imagine that WI-fi would have seemed like magic to people just 30 years ago.  

I've seen a quote a few times while reading about this tech:
When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius. When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot

Rakessh

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:43:29 AM

Isn't this what any induction generator would do by turning kinetic (motion) energy into electricity?

It would be more or less 'free' if you had a big ol' paddle wheel turning this generator around using a water fall Tongue

-
mxc0bbn (OP)

Welcome to Miami!

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:53:56 AM

No, what I'm talking about is that these things are using magnetism to self sustain a generator turning while at the same time outputting extra electricity to run some device connected to the generator...

So basically drawing 100w and outputting 1000w...

Something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUMEAMdwb8c

Rakessh

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:56:42 AM

Phrahahaha, someone flunked physics 101 Tongue

Yeah, so, weld a big ol' rod to you car to dangle a big magnet infront of it, and you got free propulsion too... haha

No seriously, that sounds like bullshit Smiley

-
mitty

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:37:01 AM

No such thing as a free lunch. Wink
(or free electricity)

Energy simply can't be created from nothing. (quite unfortunately, as my last electric bill indicates...)
mxc0bbn (OP)

Welcome to Miami!

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:37:27 AM

Phrahahaha, someone flunked physics 101 Tongue

Yeah, so, weld a big ol' rod to you car to dangle a big magnet infront of it, and you got free propulsion too... haha

No seriously, that sounds like bullshit Smiley

Yeah definitely not in technical terms, but it qualifies as feedback  Grin

I figure it's gotta be bullshit, but there are so many different people doing this I wonder if there isn't something to it...

Rakessh

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:43:55 AM

Lots of people have been chasing this kind of dream since the beginning of time.  Doesn't make it anymore feasible Wink

However, if you could find a naturally occuring alternating magnetic field, all you'd need to do is set up some coils to harvest some induction energy.

I don't know of any of these, but there are some non-natural ones... for example... if you take some copper wire (nice and thick wire) and run it underneath and along a high-voltage line (between two high-voltage pylons... say some in the range of 100-400kV) then you could harvest some of the energy from their magnetic field Wink

That'd probably be viewed as stealing from the power company though, so I wouldn't suggest anybody actually does this.
And there's some calculations to be done so you don't end up frying your hardware, or worse, electrocuted. (Length, distance from power lines, field strength etc)

-
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:44:51 AM

No matter what, output cannot be more than input, there isn't really such a generator
Rakessh

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:50:57 AM

No matter what, output cannot be more than input, there isn't really such a generator

Until we start messing with Stellarators and quantum mechanics and crap, but if we made fusion reactors work (as in viable actual energy surplus producing unit), we'd be next in line for the Nobel prize of physics Tongue

-
bee7

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:52:34 AM

What is the deal with Pulse / Magnetic generators? (Free electricity)

Perpetuum mobile
suryc

Activity: 298

Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:29:48 AM

First off, I was an Electrical Engineer before becoming disabled. I took a lot of classic (Newtonian) and modern (quantum) physics.

Looking at this Pulse/Magnetic Generators for a few seconds on the internet, I can tell you it is crap. From the Laws of Thermodynamics, energy cannot be created or destroyed, only change its form. And when it does change, the process is not a 100% efficient (IE, potential energy -> Kinetic Energy & Wasted Heat). So if someone saying that there putting in 1 watt and getting 2 watts out, it is BS. One thing I saw, a guy was saying he put in 1 Amp, and got 10 Amps out, but Amps are not a measurement of power or energy. Also, amps can change with wrapping of wire, that is how a transformer works.

From looking at some of the pics, some have huge coils which can pick up some magnetic flux leaking off from the house’s wiring system. An example of this is when florescent light bulb will light up at a Power companies transfer station. The bulbs are picking up the wasted flux and lighten up. However, the wasted magnetic flux from your house will barley do anything useful.

If you have any schematic, diagram, or webpages, I will take a quick look at it, and tell you the real math and physics behind it.

+1

Cannot create energy from nothing. It has to come from somewhere.
FIRST LAW of Thermodynamics. Physics 101 as someone said earlier.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_thermodynamics

If you're talking about this site:
http://topmagneticgenerator.com/
Could not be a more obvious scam!

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
drwho88888

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 07:25:36 AM

I haven't looked at the video and haven't even considered the concept but the one thing I would say in general is beware of LAWS, particularly 'LAWS' of physics and chemistry. Throughout history, what they thought of as laws weren't and they have been modified, changed or even abandoned.

Whilst I don't doubt that the 100w to 1000w generator is crap, I also take with a pinch of salt all the current 'laws' of physics.
suryc

Activity: 298

Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 07:46:06 AM

I haven't looked at the video and haven't even considered the concept but the one thing I would say in general is beware of LAWS, particularly 'LAWS' of physics and chemistry. Throughout history, what they thought of as laws weren't and they have been modified, changed or even abandoned.

Whilst I don't doubt that the 100w to 1000w generator is crap, I also take with a pinch of salt all the current 'laws' of physics.

I had to use all my strength to restrain myself in this response.
I challenge you to cite a single example of a LAW of Physics that has been "changed or abandoned"
They don't change and they are fundamental to our understanding of the world around us. That is why we call them laws.
And in question here is part of the FIRST Law of Thermodynamics, arguably one of the most fundamental in Physics.

THEORIES are a different story and maybe that is what you had in mind.

Anyway, this is completely off-topic for this forum and I am not going to comment on it further.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
J35st3r

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:55:02 AM

No, what I'm talking about is that these things are using magnetism to self sustain a generator turning while at the same time outputting extra electricity to run some device connected to the generator...

I invented one of these when I was eight! Drew lots of pretty diagrams, thought I was pretty clever, then forgot about it.

Then in high school physics we studied work and energy and came across the Laws Of thermodynamics (nicely described in the previous posts).

In short TANSTAAFL, a good principle to apply to everything in life (including Bitcoin).

Just thought I'd share  Wink

1Jest66T6Jw1gSVpvYpYLXR6qgnch6QYU1 NumberOfTheBeast ... go on, give it a try Grin
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:01:00 AM

First off, I was an Electrical Engineer before becoming disabled. I took a lot of classic (Newtonian) and modern (quantum) physics.

Looking at this Pulse/Magnetic Generators for a few seconds on the internet, I can tell you it is crap. From the Laws of Thermodynamics, energy cannot be created or destroyed, only change its form. And when it does change, the process is not a 100% efficient (IE, potential energy -> Kinetic Energy & Wasted Heat). So if someone saying that there putting in 1 watt and getting 2 watts out, it is BS. One thing I saw, a guy was saying he put in 1 Amp, and got 10 Amps out, but Amps are not a measurement of power or energy. Also, amps can change with wrapping of wire, that is how a transformer works.

From looking at some of the pics, some have huge coils which can pick up some magnetic flux leaking off from the house’s wiring system. An example of this is when florescent light bulb will light up at a Power companies transfer station. The bulbs are picking up the wasted flux and lighten up. However, the wasted magnetic flux from your house will barley do anything useful.

If you have any schematic, diagram, or webpages, I will take a quick look at it, and tell you the real math and physics behind it.

Same here, as an Electrical engineer by training, it doesn't look plausible.
bcpokey

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:15:51 AM

I had to use all my strength to restrain myself in this response.
I challenge you to cite a single example of a LAW of Physics that has been "changed or abandoned"
They don't change and they are fundamental to our understanding of the world around us. That is why we call them laws.
And in question here is part of the FIRST Law of Thermodynamics, arguably one of the most fundamental in Physics.

THEORIES are a different story and maybe that is what you had in mind.

Anyway, this is completely off-topic for this forum and I am not going to comment on it further.

Yikes. Not sure if you've heard of Quantum Mechanics, but it was this pretty revolutionary development that is pretty widely accepted currently, that has shown many verified experimental results, that on the micro-scale most of Classical Mechanics (and its laws) don't hold. For example, conservation of energy is violated all the time (which the First Law of Thermodynamics is based on), on the micro scale when particles literally form out of nothing.

Here's another fun one for you, clasically a ball rolling up a hill will never be able to get to the other side of the hill, unless it has enough energy to surpass the top of the hill. Yet every day we use electronics dependent on current passing through an insulating layer, which would be clasically impossible.

Does this all lead up to a free-energy device? Nah. But it is good that you restrain yourself in your responses.

I'm personally waiting for a Dark Energy Generator. :p
jerboa

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:14:35 PM

What this device in the video looks like is nothing more than an expensive unshielded magnetic field generator whose only purpose is to distort the instrument readings. I bet if he had two different brands of meters hooked up to the same spot but located a couple of meters apart they would show different values.
Bonam

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:09:22 AM

No such thing as a perpetual motion machine.

By the way, just took a quick look at the video. Almost every sentence out of the guy's mouth is total technobabble or else irrelevant, I can tell you that with 100% certainty.
Bonam

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:19:40 AM

For example, conservation of energy is violated all the time (which the First Law of Thermodynamics is based on), on the micro scale when particles literally form out of nothing.

Nope. The spontaneous creation and destruction of virtual particles is not an example of the violation of the conservation of energy. That is because the measurement of energy is subject to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle. Just like the position and momentum of a particle cannot simultaneously be measured to arbitrary precision, there is an analogous relationship for time and energy. A particle that exists for a sufficiently short amount of time (such as a virtual particle) cannot have its energy measured, meaning that said energy never really existed in any relevant physical sense. Hence, conservation of energy is not violated.
Bonam

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 05:25:13 AM

Until we start messing with Stellarators and quantum mechanics and crap, but if we made fusion reactors work (as in viable actual energy surplus producing unit), we'd be next in line for the Nobel prize of physics Tongue

No, fusion reactors still do not produce more output energy than exists on the input. That is physically impossible. Rather, fusion takes nuclear binding energy and releases it as kinetic energy and radiation. Just like nuclear fission, nuclear fusion is not creating energy out of nothing.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: