Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 04:23:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PS4 vs Xbox One?  (Read 1178 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 12:48:37 AM

Which will you be getting this Christmas?

Also, does anyone know if there would be a procedure to get in as a business to bulk order several hundred of these so we could pool our money to get a shot of the first run of deliveries? 

If so, that would be one of the first trials for my BitPools site.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
acs26

June 12, 2013, 12:57:10 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2013, 01:11:25 AM by acs26

I thought the PS4 wasn't revealed..

Just looked up the PS4, I would rather get the PS4 than a XBox One. But I'd rather have a laptop, or a computer.
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:58:41 AM

Xbox has to be online all the time with a camera and microphone (and... heart rate monitor?...) plugged in...

prism wants you to get an xbox one

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:08:09 AM

Neither; I already dumped two console's worth of money on a PC and it was already up to spec with next gen, last gen Tongue

But if I really had the money to blow, and could only get one, I'd get the PS4.  It's cheaper, less intrusive, and likely going to be a very similar experience to Xbox when speaking of technical specs anyway.  It's also not made by Microsoft, and that's always a plus.  The only thing that's a bummer about either is they now both require a fee to pay for the online service, but I don't know the details; if PS4 charges an online fee for Netflix, as Microsoft has done (the fuckers), then I will def not be getting either.  See the list below:

1.  Pay for Internet ($30-60)
2.  Pay for Netflix ($~8)

And then Microsoft adds the following, needlessly, as the Internet and Netflix servers are already handled by your ISP and Netflix:

3.  Pay for the privilege of using Netflix ($5+)

And then:

4.  Display ads fucking everywhere.

Fuck you, Microsoft.  Fuck you.

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 01:12:25 AM

I thought the PS4 wasn't revealed..

Just looked up the PS4, I would rather get the PS4 than a XBox One. But I'd rather have a laptop, or a computer.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/ps4-vs-xbox-one-sony-and-microsoft-headtohead-at-e3-games-expo-2013-8654333.html

You can pre-order at the Sony website.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 01:15:47 AM

if PS4 charges an online fee for Netflix, as Microsoft has done (the fuckers), then I will def not be getting either.  See the list below:

No online fee for PS4 to play Netflix, games do not require Internet connection but if you want to play online games it's $50 (not sure of time frame).

rabbitweasel

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:19:08 AM

Not waiting for Christmas. Tongue Preordered both since I want both when they launch. More excited about PS4 for used games though I'll be happy with both and don't think either will fail.
TheSpiral

Activity: 322
Merit: 113

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:28:40 AM

They're almost exactly the same, aside from exclusive games and side fees like Online Play. I'll probably be passing on this generation and just build a Steam box, at least until the initial price drops dramatically.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 01:37:53 AM

The next Final Fantasy will not be made for Xbox as well.

Smiley

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:40:14 AM

Smiley

I've been waiting for that game since I was in highschool ha ha.  I believe they renamed it FF15?  Versus 13 didn't make much sense anyway, it didn't look anything like the trainwreck that was 13, and I hope it plays nothing like it, either; a mature Kingdom Hearts would be okay with me.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:43:23 AM

Smiley

I've been waiting for that game since I was in highschool ha ha.  I believe they renamed it FF15?  Versus 13 didn't make much sense anyway, it didn't look anything like the trainwreck that was 13, and I hope it plays nothing like it, either; a mature Kingdom Hearts would be okay with me.
Well, someone's a faggot here aren't they.

Probably, but it sure as hell ain't me Grin

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:16:41 AM

Smiley

What the Hell? They stopped producing Final Fantasy once FFX was released, and even that one's pretty questionable. Once I played FFX-2 for a couple hours, I haven't been able to buy or even play anything Enix has put out. "Dress power"... ugh.

- And all this social media integration can kindly go fuck itself. Who wants a god-damned "share" button on their controller? If they had every single PS3 owner to ever exist sit in a giant focus group, and Sony asked them what feature they'd like to see in the PS4, exactly zero people would say "gosh, I really want controller real estate dedicated to uploading unedited gameplay videos to my friends on social media sites with a bunch of advertisements, because LP videos are just way too high-quality as-is."

I'd be shocked if MS actually kept that creepy Xbone spy-cam shit, but they're a pretty shockingly-grotesque company... .... It's so nice to be able to toss garbage at all sides for once. Nintendo is receiving the biggest volume of shit by not even being mentioned. They just flail around, anymore. The Wii U was an undeniable failure on the scale of Sega's Dreamcast... and the hardware devs at Sony & MS are still trying to emulate the Wii's "innovations." Maybe these assholes can get together and have a button to record stuff people want to watch -- friends flailing about in front of a television with screwed-up facial expressions and total focus like they have late-stage Huntington's. (real Huntington's isn't funny at all, sorry I couldn't think of a better example)
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:13:46 AM

Smiley

What the Hell? They stopped producing Final Fantasy once FFX was released, and even that one's pretty questionable. Once I played FFX-2 for a couple hours, I haven't been able to buy or even play anything Enix has put out. "Dress power"... ugh.

- And all this social media integration can kindly go fuck itself. Who wants a god-damned "share" button on their controller? If they had every single PS3 owner to ever exist sit in a giant focus group, and Sony asked them what feature they'd like to see in the PS4, exactly zero people would say "gosh, I really want controller real estate dedicated to uploading unedited gameplay videos to my friends on social media sites with a bunch of advertisements, because LP videos are just way too high-quality as-is."

I'd be shocked if MS actually kept that creepy Xbone spy-cam shit, but they're a pretty shockingly-grotesque company... .... It's so nice to be able to toss garbage at all sides for once. Nintendo is receiving the biggest volume of shit by not even being mentioned. They just flail around, anymore. The Wii U was an undeniable failure on the scale of Sega's Dreamcast... and the hardware devs at Sony & MS are still trying to emulate the Wii's "innovations." Maybe these assholes can get together and have a button to record stuff people want to watch -- friends flailing about in front of a television with screwed-up facial expressions and total focus like they have late-stage Huntington's. (real Huntington's isn't funny at all, sorry I couldn't think of a better example)

Now this is how you rant.  A+ post.  I nominate this post into the bitcointalk Off-topic forum Hall of Fame. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:00:57 AM

Agree with you there, I admit to playing all of them at least for an hour, and Square's golden age started with FF6 and ended with FF9, where it all went downhill.  I tried FF10, but could not stand the main characters, aside from Auron; specifically Yuna and Tidus, they just bugged the hell out of me, and so I never finished it.  Beyond that was a series of disasters, right around the time Square and Enix joined up (I can't call this a coincidence) and I'm pretty certain the original creators of FF left Square already to create another studio, but made the mistake of making a game for the Wii so they went largely unnoticed.  FF15 might save the series with an actual combat system, but looking at the trailers, I can't imagine why Square refuses to simply make movies, as it would likely save them a ton on production costs.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 05:17:05 PM

I choose... PC. Never really enjoyed playing on consoles.

bitzox

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:46:12 PM

Ya I have an 8 year old PC that outperforms my PS3.

I'll be buying that PS4 when they announce the PS5

18QpV8ZF3Y4oK8guDQiwTAK73W9r5nvBtm
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5208
Merit: 13021

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 07:15:36 PM

Probably neither. Steam is very cheap in convenient. I guess I might get one in a year or two if the exclusives are really good.

I wonder when/if emulators will become available for the PS3 and Xbox 360. That'd be very convenient. I wish that Microsoft and Sony would release their own emulators and sell their old games for like $5 each.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
bitzox

Activity: 172

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 10:11:01 PM

I wonder when/if emulators will become available for the PS3 and Xbox 360. That'd be very convenient. I wish that Microsoft and Sony would release their own emulators and sell their old games for like $5 each.

That would be freaking fantastic! I guess they worry too much about cannibalizing their own console sales but it seems to me that at a certain point in time the additional revenue stream from the emulator/games would outpace whatever console sales they have. I wonder if it has to do with agreements with the game developers.

18QpV8ZF3Y4oK8guDQiwTAK73W9r5nvBtm
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 04:01:16 PM

Probably neither. Steam is very cheap in convenient. I guess I might get one in a year or two if the exclusives are really good.

Remember Bleem?
Bleem did a better job than Sony did in running their games.
Sony could have bought Bleem for less than it cost to sue them into oblivion.

Point being, don't hold your breath.  They don't care about their gamers, or maybe they just care about their lawyers more.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
flavius

Activity: 154

welcome to riches

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:59:56 AM

All of the preorders on ebay show the receipt to reserve a console, around $100-105. Shouldn't their receipts be like a $550 charge for the console?

crime generates tenfold more money then real businesses do in bitcoin. the fact you cant accept this just makes you a kike

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: