Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:37:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Basically any magazine or newspaper talking about Bitcoin  (Read 205 times)
frankbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 1302
Merit: 295

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:15:55 PM

not really sure what to price it at.  but I'm looking for anything in print that talks about Bitcoin, I'd like to frame it all into a big collage Smiley

So it could be a newspaper spread, a Forbes magazine, Time magazine, whatever it is.   If you have something and want to get rid of it, please let me know  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:21:09 PM

I have some sealed issues of Bitcoin Magazine if you're interested? Issue #1 is gone, but I have Issue #2, #3 and a bunch more. All from 2012/2013. In mint condition.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:28:08 PM

I have some sealed issues of Bitcoin Magazine if you're interested? Issue #1 is gone, but I have Issue #2, #3 and a bunch more. All from 2012/2013. In mint condition.

Awesome!  I'd be interested.  What price for 2 and 3?  What did 1 sell for, out of curiosity?  If you dont mind me asking  Smiley
cryptoguyz_collectibles

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:31:28 PM

I have a few copies of bitcoin magazine as well.. a full sealed set, some floaters, 3 or 4 issue #1.. but like a fine wine those need to sit for a bit.

By the way do people store these in their original packaging or repackage them in higher quality acid free?

I'm got the infamous Newsweek issue where they claimed to find Satoshi.. such a long article real piece of history there.. Bloomberg's bitcoin dreams with the unicorn which is freaking sweet (probably neither for sale right now).

I've got one of these I'd probably part with. IMO the economist almost always has a cover page highlight of something that booms or busts a few years before it happens.. this one's 2015.

https://imgur.com/a/0JnBQ
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3010

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:31:44 PM

There’s quite a few on Amazon. Couple examples ..

CoinedBits Bitcoin Time Magazine Book Cover, Founder Satoshi Nakamoto https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019958F80/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_B-M8zbR65WG86

Bitcoin Magazine Issue 16: To the Moon (November) https://www.amazon.com/dp/1629518808/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_3.M8zbXNKPJMS

I think the program for the BitPay Bitcoin St Petersburg Bowl Game would be a nice addition in this area.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:34:01 PM

I have a few copies of bitcoin magazine as well.. a full sealed set, some floaters, 3 or 4 issue #1.. but like a fine wine those need to sit for a bit.

By the way do people store these in their original packaging or repackage them in higher quality acid free?

I'm got the infamous Newsweek issue where they claimed to find Satoshi.. such a long article real piece of history there.. Bloomberg's bitcoin dreams with the unicorn which is freaking sweet (probably neither for sale right now).

I've got one of these I'd probably part with. IMO the economist almost always has a cover page highlight of something that booms or busts a few years before it happens.. this one's 2015.

https://imgur.com/a/0JnBQ

how much for issue 1 along with the economist?
Zepher
Copper Member

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:36:44 PM

Awesome!  I'd be interested.  What price for 2 and 3?  What did 1 sell for, out of curiosity?  If you dont mind me asking  Smiley

I just realised what you want to use these for, I should have read your opening post a little better, sorry! Cheesy

I have 10 or 12 magazines here, all different, all Bitcoin Magazine, all 2012/2013. It would be a shame to "ruin them" by cutting them up and making them into a collage. These are not cheap magazines, they are somewhat rare and quite hard to find. Issue #1 sells for around 0.1BTC on its' own. If you are really interested in taking what I have, then I can check exactly what issues I have, and what I would like for them, and let you know? Just so you know, I would be wanting at least 0.2 BTC for all of them. Again, if you are planning on destroying them to make into something else, you can likely get other material that is far better value for money. These are collectibles more than anything.

The Newsweek magazine is extremely rare and hard to come by. That will also set you back a pretty sum of money.

cryptoguyz_collectibles

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:39:31 PM

Had to share this.. if you haven't seen it.

https://i2.wp.com/www.casualoptimist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Jan-13-2014.jpg

Saw it on the newstand and I drooled a bit.

You can buy issue #1 for $399.. but TBH I'm not going to sell mine for less than that: https://store.btcmedia.org/collections/magazines/products/bitcoin-magazine-issue-1-may-2012

Not sure about prices yet.. I could probably bundle something together but I'd need to go through what I have.
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:48:09 PM

There’s quite a few on Amazon. Couple examples ..

CoinedBits Bitcoin Time Magazine Book Cover, Founder Satoshi Nakamoto https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019958F80/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_B-M8zbR65WG86

Bitcoin Magazine Issue 16: To the Moon (November) https://www.amazon.com/dp/1629518808/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_3.M8zbXNKPJMS

I think the program for the BitPay Bitcoin St Petersburg Bowl Game would be a nice addition in this area.

I appreciate that.
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:51:03 PM

Awesome!  I'd be interested.  What price for 2 and 3?  What did 1 sell for, out of curiosity?  If you dont mind me asking  Smiley

I just realised what you want to use these for, I should have read your opening post a little better, sorry! Cheesy

I have 10 or 12 magazines here, all different, all Bitcoin Magazine, all 2012/2013. It would be a shame to "ruin them" by cutting them up and making them into a collage. These are not cheap magazines, they are somewhat rare and quite hard to find. Issue #1 sells for around 0.1BTC on its' own. If you are really interested in taking what I have, then I can check exactly what issues I have, and what I would like for them, and let you know? Just so you know, I would be wanting at least 0.2 BTC for all of them. Again, if you are planning on destroying them to make into something else, you can likely get other material that is far better value for money. These are collectibles more than anything.

The Newsweek magazine is extremely rare and hard to come by. That will also set you back a pretty sum of money.

ohh nooo.  I definitely wont be cutting them, absolutely not!  haha.  I meant more along the lines of lining up different magazines and newspaper articles and framing them all together.  I would never cut such a valuable  collectible !! Smiley
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:52:42 PM

Awesome!  I'd be interested.  What price for 2 and 3?  What did 1 sell for, out of curiosity?  If you dont mind me asking  Smiley

oof, yeah, .2 is a bit more than I anticipated on spending.  I've found some of the issues online for around $40 (not issue 1 of course), so I was hoping you'd take around that price, if not better Wink
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:55:25 PM

Had to share this.. if you haven't seen it.

https://i2.wp.com/www.casualoptimist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Jan-13-2014.jpg

Saw it on the newstand and I drooled a bit.

You can buy issue #1 for $399.. but TBH I'm not going to sell mine for less than that: https://store.btcmedia.org/collections/magazines/products/bitcoin-magazine-issue-1-may-2012

Not sure about prices yet.. I could probably bundle something together but I'd need to go through what I have.

That's really cool.  Haven't seen that, thanks for sharing it.  Yeah $400 is a bit steep, I'll search for things that aren't issue 1 then I suppose  Smiley
Zepher
Copper Member

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:03:47 AM

oof, yeah, .2 is a bit more than I anticipated on spending.  I've found some of the issues online for around $40 (not issue 1 of course), so I was hoping you'd take around that price, if not better Wink

The price would be for all of them. Let me look tomorrow morning and I'll shoot you a PM with details.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: