Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:27:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there really a need for lot of new exchanges?  (Read 1441 times)
cau (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:38:47 AM

Is there really a need for lot of new exchanges?

I could think of the following -
1) COSS
2) Kyber
3) 0x
4) Waves
5) WBB's exchange
6) XBY's X-Change

Other than decentralization in what else these exchanges have to offer
coinswebid

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:51:23 AM

with a lot of exchange especially decentralized exchange,
this is good for the competitions between the exchange,
the best service will always got more members

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀████▀▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄▀▀▄▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ████████████████████████  ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▄    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄  ▀███▄                 ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▀███  ███▀▀                ▀▀███   ▀███▄             ▄███▀
                           ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███                       ▄███  ███    ▄██████████▄    ███     ▀███▄         ▄███▀
█████████████████████████  ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███████████████████████▀   ███    ██        ██    ███       ▀███▄     ▄███▀
███                        ███                    ███            ███             ███                    ███  ███               ▀███▄    ███    ▀██████████▀    ███         ▀███▄ ▄███▀
███                        ███▄▄                ▄▄███            ███             ███▄▄                ▄▄███  ███                 ▀███▄  ███▄▄                ▄▄███           ▀█████▀
███                         ▀▀████████████████████▀▀             ███              ▀▀████████████████████▀▀   ███                   ▀███▄ ▀▀████████████████████▀▀              ▀█▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    F U T U R O V . C O M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀▄▀████▀▄▀
▀▄▄▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████████████████████▄
▄████▀                              ▀████▄
█████      ▄██████████████████▄      █████
█████     ███▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███     █████
█████     ███   ▐▌      ▐▌   ███     █████
█████     ███▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███     █████
█████      ▀██████████████████▀      █████
▀████▄                              ▄████▀
▀██████████████████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀
Website
Telegram Group
Telegram Channel
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
TikTok
Github
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Marucya

Activity: 258

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:54:23 PM

I believe that there is a clear need for new encryption exchanges. There is a very urgent need for an exchange that would constantly trade all tokens issued as a result of the ICO. Of course, those who have not yet died completely. Here, of course, there are a number of difficulties, because the stock exchanges have their own rules and at the same time it is almost impossible to tinter all coins. Then you need to increase the number of such exchanges so that the choice is much larger.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:02:18 PM

You need to realize that exchanges are market maker! Aside from providing liquidity they naturally create environment for good distribution of coin! Stability of prices and easy access to fund. Dex more than ever before is needed now since Government have started looking the way of crypto currencies!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 714

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:49:52 PM

1) COSS
2) Kyber
3) 0x
4) Waves
5) WBB's exchange
6) XBY's X-Change

The more competition the better we do not want the Mt Gox thing to happen all over again that depressed the price of bitcoin for a lot of time, also you need to understand that decentralized exchanges bring a lot of advantages over centralized exchanges, centralization is always going to be a weakness, with decentralized exchanges governments are not going to be able to seize a few servers and confiscate everyones coins.
cau (OP)

Activity: 156

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:30:51 AM

Thanks all for your perspective!

I suspect a scam here which could be bigger than ICO scam. New exchanges, in the name of listing a coin in their exchange accepting payment from the coin. This inturn increase the liquidity or availability regardless of the coin's trust worth.

Not necessarily a scam but an easy money for exchange builders without contributing much to crypto world.
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:44:08 AM

1) COSS
2) Kyber
3) 0x
4) Waves
5) WBB's exchange
6) XBY's X-Change

The more competition the better we do not want the Mt Gox thing to happen all over again that depressed the price of bitcoin for a lot of time, also you need to understand that decentralized exchanges bring a lot of advantages over centralized exchanges, centralization is always going to be a weakness, with decentralized exchanges governments are not going to be able to seize a few servers and confiscate everyones coins.
I agree with you, the more the exchange will get better. So we will know between good and bad exchange. They will also compete to become better in service and others, to gain as many users as possible.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:20:59 AM

I recommend you to keep an eye on XBY Exchange, it P2P exchange that will allow users to trade and execute transaction directly into PoSign blockchain, so the exchange provides an environment immune to vulnerabilities that another exchange lack of.
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:43:01 AM

1) COSS
2) Kyber
3) 0x
4) Waves
5) WBB's exchange
6) XBY's X-Change

There's also BTS decentralized exchange, counterparty DEX, and countless others.

Each really has its own niche and only supports a few tokens. Most only support tokens that are issued on the same platform as the exhange is on(for instance Bitshares or counterparty). They are essentially betting on decentralized exchanges becoming a mainstream thing, which imo i'm doubtful of.
stealth.money

Activity: 561
Merit: 255

Going stealthy

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:55:03 AM

1) COSS
2) Kyber
3) 0x
4) Waves
5) WBB's exchange
6) XBY's X-Change

* Binance.com
* Cobinhood.com --- https://www.coindesk.com/actor-jamie-foxx-promotes-cryptocurrency-exchange-ico/

The more the merrier.

criticoflife

Activity: 353
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:58:56 AM

Well if you think of it this way, there are more and more crypto buyers every day the market is exploding. In the future it will only be busier so yea i think there is a need for more exchanges. Some have some really good features too such as giving a % of the trading transaction fees back to users for holding specific coins in there wallets on the exchange.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Kema

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 08:05:24 AM

Is there a need for more exchanges? YES, if they bring something new to the table.
If it's just a rehash of existing exchanges, it becomes more questionable. It can be anything I suppose? As long as it improves the experience for the user, it's all good IMHO.
At the moment I feel that the greatest advances could be found in improving access and simplifying the bridge between cryptocurrencies and fiat currencies.

Don't just short links, ezLink them!
meisha

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:38:58 AM

I would like to see some more exchanges for the smaller market coins. Nova/etherDelta and yobit are so laggy and terrible to use. A more modern high speed exchange with some of the newer coins would be great!
Legendari

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:58:31 AM

They can also offer you trade exotic pairs (such as trade tokens based on the waves)

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Eros1on

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:55:04 AM

I hold kyber and x, i'm not optimistic about waves because it is Russian and not optimistic about russia

HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:59:45 AM

I hold kyber and x, i'm not optimistic about waves because it is Russian and not optimistic about russia

The major exchanges like Bittrex and Coinbase is the ones that will survive when Bitcoin gets very expensive.

Though those exchanges are very popular and they hold a bunch of Bitcoin and Altcoins, there is still a possibily of them running away with the money.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
Smolko

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:13:01 AM

There is definitely a need for a new exchange!
A decentarlized one but one which really works seriously WAVES DEX is waaaay to crappy and unfriendly to use no wonder no one ist trading there.
You need an App you need this you need that tooo much!

╓╥ ,╦╣▌"       ,╔╗▄▄▄▓▓▓▒▄▄╦╗,       ╙╫▌╗  ╔,
        ╔█Hj╫╝`     ╓▄▓██▓╨▓█▓Ü█Ñ`║█▓███▓▄w     ╙╝▀H╙█H
     ,φ ╣M ╓╓╥w  ,╗▓███████Å╨╙╨█▀╙╨▓████████▄,  ╓╥w, ╙Ñ ╗
     ╫█  ╝╝╩╨` ,▄██████▌░╣Ñ    ▓M `▀▓█▒░╚▀▓███▓. "╙╝╝M  █▒
  ╔╗ ║M,╗▄╫▀" ╔▓█████▓╦╬▄█▄╦╦╦╗█▌╦▄▓████▄▄▓█████╗ ╙╝╫▄╗,╙M ╗m
  ╠█H  "╓╥   ╔▓█▓██M    ▓▀     ▓Ñ║████████████╨╩▓▄   ╥░"  ╔█M
   ▀M╓╬▓▀`   ╫ÑÑ ╟▌     ▓H     ▓Ñ╫█████████████▄╙▓H  `▀▓▄ ╟▀
j▓╗  ``╓╦   ]▓w╫▓▓▌╓╓╓╓╔█╦╓╓╓╓╓▓▄╓╫████████████▓╦▓H  :╗w``  ╔▓
 ╙▓N ╔▓▌"   "▓╨``╫█▌Ö░`╙█░````"█Ñ`````▓▌"▓█████╨"▓H   ╙▀▓╦ ╬▓╨
 ╗╦` ``╓▄M   ╫Ñ  ╚████▓▄█H     ▓M     ▓Ñ ,████▌ ╔▓`  j▄,`` `╔╦
 ╙▓▓. ╔█▌    ╙▓φ.]▓███████▄▄╗.,▓N....╔▓░.╟███▓`,╣M    ╣█U ╓▓▓╛
   ╙M Φ╨╔▓H   ╙▓▓╨╜████████▓╨╙╙█▀╙╙╙╙▓▓╨╙╜██▀╙╣█M   j▓╕╙▀ ╨╨`
 ╫▄╦,  :▓█`    `╝Φw╙╣▓████▌`   ▓M   ╔▓`  ╓▓M,▄▌`    `█▓   ╓╦▄M
  ╙▀▓▌.j▓` ╗U    `╝╫▄▓███▓▓▄╥╥╥█▄╥╥╔▓▄╥╥╬█▄╬▀`    ║▄ ╙▓ ╔╣▓▀"
    ╓,,   j█▌ ╓,    `╝▀██▓▄╫▓░`▓M,╫▓Ü╫██▓▀"`   ╓, ╣█m   ,,╓
    ╙▀██▄, ▓M ╫█N ╦,    `"╙╝▀▀▀▀▀▀▀Å╨""    ╔╗ ╔█▒ ╚▓ ╓▄▓█▀"
       `""    ╙█▒ ╣█U ║▄,             ╓▄H ╔█▌ ╫█M    ""`
       ╚╫▓█▓▄▄,"` ╙█▌ ║█▓            ,▓█M ▓█M "`╓╗▄▓█▓▌H
         ``"╙╙"    ╙╨  ╣█H     Φm    ╚█▌  ╨`    ╙╙╙"``
           '╩▀▓▓▓▀M     "   "Φ▓██ΦM   "    '╩▀▓▓▓▀╩
                ╓▄▄▓██▓M     ╔▀╩▀N     ╚▓██▓▓▄,
                """"`                     `""""
XinFin

Twitter LinkedIn
━━  Telegram  ━━
Youtube    Reddit
gorodi

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:29:35 PM

There is a need for new exchanges. But only that these exchanges were of high quality and did not take a large interest, and also did not have a niche with you money.

It's a pity that such exchanges are a unit, but many already do not trust them. The best solution is a desktop wallet. Only in it there is at least some kind of stability.
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:30:45 PM

1) COSS
2) Kyber
3) 0x
4) Waves
5) WBB's exchange
6) XBY's X-Change

More liquidity - more convenience - more decentralisation - more on ramps.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:30:03 PM

Yes, we need as many exchangers as possible with different features I look especially for one like poloniex and bittrex with exchange and trade section and exchangers without registration like shapshift but cheaper.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: