Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:27:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH vs CMT  (Read 1415 times)
awilliams (OP)

Activity: 191
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:13:04 AM

Just saw this article on facebook and it's written by the chief scientist of cybermiles.

https://medium.com/cybermiles/cmt-vs-eth-c7eea2b03632

Thoughts??? Planning on reading the whitepaper to what it's about.
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:17:17 AM

Just saw this article on facebook and it's written by the chief scientist of cybermiles.

Cybermiles seems to be a good project but it's still too early for it to compare it with Ethereum. Though these new tokens may be much useful than ethereum and it's platform but ethereum already has a huge market which is hard to replace by new coins.
There are so many new alternative to ethereum that a developer cannot decide which to choose and would probably stick with ethereum.
awilliams (OP)

Activity: 191
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:24:39 AM

Cybermiles seems to be a good project but it's still too early for it to compare it with Ethereum. Though these new tokens may be much useful than ethereum and it's platform but ethereum already has a huge market which is hard to replace by new coins.
There are so many new alternative to ethereum that a developer cannot decide which to choose and would probably stick with ethereum.

I think with them, they're building it on the ethereum blockchain, but they're planning on creating their own blockchain. Just based on their chart, I can see so much more potential, especially with transactions, escrow, and the supply chain (doing something similar to ambrosus but with goods). Another good point is that their ecosystem contains, sellers, buyers, and arbiters. From what i read, arbiters get paid to solve disputes that traditionally would be a department at paypal. Cool features being implemented and will definitely change the ecommerce game when it's commercialized
didzi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:26:16 AM

there is a big different between Eth and CMT
and i think thats not fair if we compare eth with cmt

thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:34:57 AM

I think it is a crime to compare the two projects, if CMT or whatever can match Ethereum past it will be huge for the platform, Ethereumis the new wanna be, before most of these project are aiming for Bitcoin but when they see it is a tall order they scale down to ethereum
mdzahed134

Activity: 2156
Merit: 259

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:42:06 AM

Actually CMT is good coin today it big pumping.But Ethereum is always extra ordinary and I think ETH is next BTC I believe this.So why you compared between ETH Vs CMT.It's very funny thinking.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:48:12 AM

It doesn't matter much eth was the first of it's type in the industry which is why it has such a huge market cap , the supply is a issue but the price still seems fine. Regarding transactions it is still faster than many alts out there. These features might be better than eth but as of now 100's of coin are better than eth but it still remains on top same way here people won't sell eth to buy this if they do make cmt better the price will have a positive effect and nothing else.

I think it is a crime to compare the two projects,
Crime for what this comparison is just done to show features of their coin and how other coins stand against it.

if CMT or whatever can match Ethereum past it will be huge for the platform,
It will just be huge it won't be eth right away it will take months of hardwork for something to occur similar to this.

Actually CMT is good coin today it big pumping.But Ethereum is always extra ordinary and I think ETH is next BTC I believe this.So why you compared between ETH Vs CMT.It's very funny thinking.
Exactly it doesn't make any difference weather you are better than btc or eth. And also eth defeating btc still sounds like a dream.
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:43:56 AM

CMT seems great and all but aren't there like 6 other coins trying to do what ETH does but better? What makes this any different than all of them?

Campaign Manager (2018)
gregall

Activity: 121
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:12:46 PM

CMT seems great and all but aren't there like 6 other coins trying to do what ETH does but better? What makes this any different than all of them?

Just read the whitepaper. IMO, what makes them different is not only the technical details, but what they plan to do with the blockchain. Ecommerce is a trillion dollar industry and since their blockchain is made for that, that's a big move.

Based on the whitepaper, the ecosystem is moderated by the community of sellers, buyers, miners, and arbiters. arbiters are the most interesting because they get paid CMT to dispute resolutions, where companies like paypal have a department to do it (and it wastes a lot of time/resources). A good selling point is that they're going to implement it on 5miles the app, so you're getting a live time case study of how it works. Then i think theyre going to commercialize it for businesses.

Something that I'm curious about is that they said people can have ico's with CMT. Definitely watching this one
ekin4

Activity: 663
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:22:27 PM

I've never heard of CMT before and that article looks like a paid advertisement. None of these new generation coins can pass Ethereum. This type of comparison is not very useful.
gregall

Activity: 121
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:16:35 PM

I've never heard of CMT before and that article looks like a paid advertisement. None of these new generation coins can pass Ethereum. This type of comparison is not very useful.

Well i'm not sure if it's a paid advertisement, but it is written by their chief scientist. It does bring up some flaws of the ethereum blockchain tho imo.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:23:20 PM

what is CMT ? can you share the link to the thread so i can get more info about that coins
since i see the articles there it seems CMT has a potential compared to ethereum
rjefferson

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:39:09 PM

what is CMT ? can you share the link to the thread so i can get more info about that coins
since i see the articles there it seems CMT has a potential compared to ethereum

These are what I found on here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2324603.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2309872.0

But honestly, what helped the most was just reading their whitepaper. Pretty easy to read and pretty thorough. There's a lot of features in there that a lot of people don't know about. I see a big future for cybermiles. https://cm.5miles.com/file/project/Project%20white%20paper_en-US.pdf
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:34:01 AM

Well it is obviously way too early.

They say that they are aiming for decentralizing the online market place which is not really what Ethereum's main selling point is. Right now ethereum is primarily used to issue tokens and conduct ICOs on, and this isn't a focus for cybermiles at the moment.

Plus, there is definitely a lot less recognition of cybermiles vs ETH, at least now.

followmenot

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:03:07 PM

In my opinion these kind of comparisons are basically bull*hit. Do you know why?
All these incoming projects are just ether imitation.
Ether was something very new back in time. That was the reason makes it special.
Even better apps/chains cannot beat it that easily.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:05:56 PM

Yes they are all trying to be the next eth, most won't be the next eth. Looks like a lot of projects try to concentrate on better scaling.
L1240erion

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

Permission-based advertising platform

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:49:21 PM

Well it is obviously way too early.

They say that they are aiming for decentralizing the online market place which is not really what Ethereum's main selling point is. Right now ethereum is primarily used to issue tokens and conduct ICOs on, and this isn't a focus for cybermiles at the moment.

Plus, there is definitely a lot less recognition of cybermiles vs ETH, at least now.

Ethereum is more of a general blockchain, but it looks like cybermiles is just honing in on ecomemrce/marketplaces. I think ethereum is great, but it does have its limitations with specialization because it requires extensive development to enable certain functions. I think cybermiles is coming in and modeling ethereum and just making it better for what they're trying to do. In their whitepaper, I saw that people will be able to conduct ICO's on cybermiles in the future.

Overall I don't think they're trying to say they're the new ethereum, but more so that they have features that are better than ethereum for ecommerce/transactions/marketplaces/auctions.

redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:26:25 PM

Sure, this project has great concept, I'll give it that, but damn, it surely is still to early to compare it to etherium. Because as we can see, etherium has already gone a long way. And is clearly bigger than this one. But nothing is impossible in the crypto world. So let's just wait and see for now. And maybe after a few years this coin really reaches the moon. But for now, i don't think it deserves being compared to etherium.
TwSeventh

Activity: 566
Merit: 113

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:47:31 PM

that article created just to make a hype for that project,
no matter how good that project it can not be compared to Ethereum,
because Ethereum already showed us their legitimacy and that project yet to prove us something.
at least for now they can not be considered as Ethereum competitor,let see what they can show us in the future

Want to pay for a VPS with Bitcoin? Get a Bitcoin VPS from Evolution Host
apex944

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:32:18 PM

Sure, this project has great concept, I'll give it that, but damn, it surely is still to early to compare it to etherium. Because as we can see, etherium has already gone a long way. And is clearly bigger than this one. But nothing is impossible in the crypto world. So let's just wait and see for now. And maybe after a few years this coin really reaches the moon. But for now, i don't think it deserves being compared to etherium.

I agree with this one. Although it may be a little early, what helps is that it's built on ethereum. From there it looks like they're going to build their own blockchain which is fascinating. Ethereum paved the way, now it's just time for them to execute. Based on the table, it's pretty doable. I am in on this one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: