Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:30:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Day Trading Portfolios and How to Manage Them  (Read 127 times)
overttherainbow (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:07:02 AM

TL;DR

How should one go about setting him/herself up for day trading?
How should I organize myself? (files, folder etc)
What should my routine be? (what should I do at the start of my working day etc)
What indicators and charts studies should I learn about?
What are good resources for learning about trading cryptocurrencies?
And other questions I haven't thought of yet...

The title could be slightly misleading for now, but I'm willing to consolidate the information I get here, edit this first post and include all the helpful advice and information that I gather to help others.

In line with the cryptocurrency ethos I will take into consideration all the thoughts, ideas, advice and requests, both on how I present the information and how I word it, that I get and I will try my hardest to make the information as accessible as possible to people from all backgrounds. But I'll need everyone's help.

So I got into cryptocurrencies around July 2013 and without giving an big spiel all I can say is, what a journey. I never thought it would come as far as it has and I'm honoured to be a part of all this.

I didn't intend to invest heavily or day trade when I was starting. I was kind of obsessed with the idea of decentralisation and Satoshi Nakamoto and I just peppered my Bitstamp account with some of my wages, buying here and there. But recently (since July) I've seen financial opportunities in cryptocurrencies explode. I won't assume future circumstances on past events, but I have belief the crypto community will keep gathering momentum and I see it as a viable option to earn cashmoneydwolla.

Unfortunately I have f*** all experience in trading. I got very lucky in the summer with NEO and BTC, but that's all it was, luck. There was no technical analysis, no research of the team or even the fucking product (God-forbid!).

In the few months that have passed I've come a long way. I'm an avid (that's an exaggeration) reader of whitepapers, I've come to understand basic features of a chart, (like MACD, BB, OBV and EMAs) I've taken to joining the Telegram groups, Slack channels, Facebook groups etc. of the projects I've been interested, I've become (somewhat) privy to media outlets that cover cryptonews and I've actively chased down members of a team to get answers  directly from them about their product.

Despite this I am a total amateur and I'm not afraid to admit it. But I think there are plenty like me, with a splatter of knowledge here and there, a fire in our belly, but no real harmony in our minds of how it all fits together.

But first: orgnizatiom. My skills in this are quite low. I want to ask you all, for day-trading, how does one go about becoming organised for this? What should be do first? Buy a folder? (Is that archaic?) What does a day traders routine look like?

As I said, as I gain information I'll ask new questions, take on the questions of others and consolidate it into one accessible piece, to the best of my humble abilities.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: