Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 03:50:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Eth mining now profitable  (Read 1075 times)
phase2

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:06:51 PM

Just buy coins, you will have less heat.)
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:59:27 PM

If your hardware is paid yet for other reasons mining is (almost) always profitable.

Simply put your data (hashrate and power consumpion) in one of the popular tools (one between many whattomine) and you will immediately know how much you can get
udayantha11 (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 02:21:28 PM

m

Yes its better to buy coins.

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
snowyNNN

Activity: 422
Merit: 251

Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Zcl Kmd Zen Rep Xmr Sc Neo

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:21:35 PM

I was browsing through old bitcointalk posts and there was a similar post like this one.

There a fellow was asking pretty much the same thing albeit about bitcoin mining and questioning if it was worth it as he wwwas only getting half a bitcoin a day with a few gpus.

If a question is strictly about mining ( It´s better to buy coins straight from an exchange but if this option is not available for any reason) the answer until now has always been YES , mining is good. That the answer has been positive until of now of course can not be taken as an indication that the answer is positive now or at anytime in the future.

My advice is to take mining as a fun hobby that´ll most probably have financial benefits aswell.

█▀▀▄░▄▀▀▄░▄▀▀▀░█░░░  Xmr Sc Pasc Rlc Zen           ✦       (\__/)       ✦
█▀▀░░█▀▀█░░▀▀▄░█░░░  Zcl Kmd Ltc Rep Dash                  (='.'=) 
█░░░░█░░█░███▀░███░ Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Btc             ✦   (")_(")  ✦           ▲▼ Anonymous ▲▼ Community Driven     XULT.com
phase2

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:34:41 PM

I was browsing through old bitcointalk posts and there was a similar post like this one.

There a fellow was asking pretty much the same thing albeit about bitcoin mining and questioning if it was worth it as he wwwas only getting half a bitcoin a day with a few gpus.

If a question is strictly about mining ( It´s better to buy coins straight from an exchange but if this option is not available for any reason) the answer until now has always been YES , mining is good. That the answer has been positive until of now of course can not be taken as an indication that the answer is positive now or at anytime in the future.

My advice is to take mining as a fun hobby that´ll most probably have financial benefits aswell.

This.

If you dont need to sell your mined coins to pay for your hardware, have knowledge to fix things when something goes wrong, just go for it.
Yutard

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:00:28 PM

That is right. The ROI is too long.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:50:28 PM

The amount of misinformation in this single thread is staggering.

First off. ROI and profitability are not the same for any two people. It depends on your hardware, how much you paid for it, how much you are paying for electricity, when you convert your coins, and a whole host of other variables.

Second. Ethereum isnt just flipping a switch and going proof of stake in a month. The people that use that as a reason to not mine ethereum are just dumb. It has not happened yet, and when it is actually implemented 90% of the network will remain PoW through the trial period. So there is no reason to stop mining until it is actually unprofitable.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Yutard

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:17:23 AM

Not good for winter.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: