Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:07:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone working on offline Bitcoin systems?  (Read 347 times)
hemlock (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:41:42 AM

Hello Forum,

I'm someone who has been following anything Bitcoin related closely since its inception.. except I didn't pay that much attention to its physical potentials till now.

Atm, I think the biggest problem of it all is integration in the offline world. How can we make the man on the street, without access to a smartphone or computer, adopt bitcoin? Yes, smartphones are growing ubiquitous everywhere but still the amount of people with internet and computer access is still a small fraction of the world population, especially in the developing world..

So, if BTC will ever be a serious challenger to present fiat currencies, it needs to be physical somehow. Since by its nature, bitcoin is a digital thing, this sounds like an oxymoron. There is no Central Bank of Bitcoin, so how can we come up with something much like cash yet is standard anywhere and everywhere..?

Forgive me if this has been debated before however I think this is the most urgent focus point that needs brainstorming. Bitcoin is a much needed and timely invention & has great potential still; however it's useless without widespread adoption. I want to be able to buy groceries with it, ride the bus with it, get paid at the end of the month with it.. This will never happen unless we take the less tech-savvy folk on board.

This need is especially urgent in places like the Middle East, where any hope of a genuine grassroots revolution needs to be backed economically by the people's money. Physical oppression is the monopoly of the state everywhere, but if the ability of the state to tax its people withers & dies; the state will follow suit not long after. Our generation can still make the 21st century the people's century, but it can only happen if we're willing the work towards it.

So, please, I urge anyone reading this to put the profit-mindset aside for a while & spend their creative energies to help make this happen.
Thanks for reading.
kodo

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:43:37 AM

This is very exciting, cant wait to see all the cool apps that come out for Bitcoin
hemlock (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:06:31 PM

up
kodo

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:09:33 PM

up? what do you mean?