Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 04:29:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Website mining Bitcoin without permission?  (Read 794 times)
SureLockLoans

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:43:56 PM

This is as shady as it gets isn't this illegal? I've heard of this before and a lot of the time they used to use your processing power to mine alt coins because it was much easier.

ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:02:14 AM

i think if other people mining bitcoin without permission to us then i think its illegal and forbidden but unfortunately we can not where is the software hiding in our computer or android. but i think if we have a good antivirus that can detect the virus or the source code, i think we can prevent the apps is run in background process.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 05:42:28 AM

After reading about the Pirate Bay hijacking web miners (https://gizmodo.com/the-pirate-bay-added-a-cpu-hijacking-bitcoin-miner-to-s-1818488143) I wondered if anyone had created a list of such sites. How would you even detect that the site is stealing compute power from your device?
I don't think there is any kind of software that takes care of mining without permission, it's their website that does all the shady stuff, this is one of the easy ways for pirate sites to earn revenues and even though it's illegal they do it because pirating is also illegal.

pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:25:57 AM

After  developing any site for any purpose, make sure there is adequate security. Hackers will always make an attempt but if the site is protected the developer can go to sleep.
ir.yance

Activity: 354
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:52:54 PM

After reading about the Pirate Bay hijacking web miners (https://gizmodo.com/the-pirate-bay-added-a-cpu-hijacking-bitcoin-miner-to-s-1818488143) I wondered if anyone had created a list of such sites. How would you even detect that the site is stealing compute power from your device?

I may also be because the people who stole it and the person does not have a job, hopefully it will not happen
poletando

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

PlayGame.com

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:04:05 PM

is it true that website can used for mining bitcoin? how can it will happen, as i know is website is work above the browser and if website can used for bitcoin mining maybe the browser have 100% privilege for access the cpu, can somebody tell me how it works?

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
Whitepaper Powering real economy in the gaming world Onepager
Telegram ENG / IND Group Channel ⟩──MediumTwitterYouTube
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: