Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:32:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: electrum 1.8 refusing to send on Mac  (Read 799 times)
empoweoqwj (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:33:07 AM

I recently upgraded to 1.8 on Mac, everything is fine accept it refuses to send payments. I click 'send', then type in my encryption password, then the program just hangs, and I have to do a "force quit".

When I reopen the app, the money is still there, it has not been sent at all.

Is anyone else having this issue? It kind of stops me from being able to use the thing or move my bitcoins .......
empoweoqwj (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:56:53 AM

Its happened 3 times today trying to send to 3 different addresses. Is this what happens when the program thinks the wallet encryption password is wrong? Does it just spin and spin until a 'force quit' is required, or does an error come up if it detects an incorrect encryption password?

Obviously I'm very concerned as my encryption password hasn't changed, all I've done is upgrade from 1.7.2 to 1.8

Just as a thought, can I go back to using the 1.7.2 app or will that screw things up datawise?

Is it worth trying a different server? I'm currently on electrum.coinwallet.me

tia
Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 03:46:43 PM

Try a different server and try restoring from seed. Then report back Smiley

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
empoweoqwj (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:00:54 PM

ok - just changed to electrum.pdmc.net, tried sending again and ..... was about to report it was still "hanging" but after 3-4 minutes it did actually send.

Perhaps I should have just been more patient with the earlier send but I did wait at least 10 minutes.

Does the send slow down if the servers get "overloaded"? Is there any timeouts on them? e.g. if its still spinning the lovely little rainbow mouse after 10 minutes, should I leave it running? I don't like "force quitting" anything, especially stuff like wallet software, but I didn't think i had a choice earlier today.

Happy its working now though and thanks for the reply Smiley
Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 06:10:14 PM

The transaction creation is happening on your computer; but it can take up to a couple of seconds depending on your computer and the transaction you are trying to create. Just leave it spinning and it always should work Smiley

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: