Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 04:22:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Is Not The Best? But...  (Read 752 times)
iamTom123 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:44:53 AM

We are now swimming in the sea of coins and tokens as the cryptocurrency marketplace is expanding astronomically for the past many months. We are into the barrage of new ICOs almost everyday...there are new versions of Bitcoin, new idea of a cryptocurrency and sometimes also strange projects which can be hard to fathom and let alone swallow intellectually.

There are those who believe that actually Bitcoin is not the best cryptocurrency though it is the first and the original. Others are pointing the problem of the Bitcoin network consuming a huge load of electricity to power up its mining operation...this can be a big problem not just in terms of cost but also because we are now entering the green revolution (a solution is of course using renewable power supply).

Bitcoin is not really so anonymous which give rise to Monero or Bytecoin, coins performing much better along this realm. We also have the powerful miners having such a great influence and decision control over the community. Compared to Ethereum or even XEM, we still have to see a myriad of extra utilities  or features which can convey to us that indeed Bitcoin is the future.

With all of these problems (or maybe we can call them as challenges), Bitcoin will still be the most important and the top cryptocurrency primarily because it has the largest or the biggest or the most widespread or the most dynamic network of acceptance. Do you agree?
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:54:05 AM

At the moment Bitcoin has Cryptocurrency Market Capitalization Dominance: 57.2%. And that's versus ALL of the other thousands of coins. Bitcoin serves it's purpose as a secure digital currency with a immutable ledger. I also think as great features evolve in crypto, Bitcoin was absorb these sort of things to grow even stronger.

Lipe490

Activity: 602
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:59:03 AM

I see Bitcoin as the promisor and the revolutionary of this industry, and I have no doubts that it will be the coin with the biggest market cap for years. But bitcoin came to offer a new way to make payments all around the world fast and secure, and of course with a low fee to everybody. I also don't believe bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency because there are a lot of good projects with so many things new and doing the same thing as bitcoin and even more. Unfortunately Bitcoin is a POW coin and only people with much money can mine it (now) profitable and I think this is the only problem with it.
tigervn

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:59:06 AM

Bitcoin is not the best but in my opinion it will last a long time in the future. Because it is recognized around the world, in limited quantities, bitcoin is becoming increasingly scarce, causing its value to increase. This makes bitcoin always the number one.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:07:41 AM

What is anyone's definition of best?

There might be faster coins out there. Are they as secure? There might be coins with more capacity. Could they handle full capacity 24/7 for years on end without breaking? Bitcoin can. I doubt people want to test it out again with other coins.
btc78

Activity: 2520
Merit: 214

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:13:58 AM

What is anyone's definition of best?

There might be faster coins out there. Are they as secure? There might be coins with more capacity. Could they handle full capacity 24/7 for years on end without breaking? Bitcoin can. I doubt people want to test it out again with other coins.
its true,bitcoin proved her self and stability although sometimes price comes down still having its way up and being noticed because of big increase from the tome it goes down.and bitcoin need no reason to go in test.coz for how many years.it was tested and tried and still dominating supremacy over all the coins in crypto.

Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:15:31 AM

I think the power consumption won't be a problem for bitcoin. As soon as the electricity deficit will be easy to increase the size of the unit and increase the number of transactions. It does not suit the miners, but if it becomes a question of profitability then the problem will be solved easily. All interested in the existence of bitcoin. Science is also not standing still and will be found technologies that reduce the consumption of the amount of computing power remains the same or even increase.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:19:43 AM

With all of these problems (or maybe we can call them as challenges), Bitcoin will still be the most important and the top cryptocurrency primarily because it has the largest or the biggest or the most widespread or the most dynamic network of acceptance. Do you agree?
This is just an elaborate way of phrasing "Bitcoin will be popular, because it's popular".  Something being popular now does not dictate what will happen in the future.  It is the most instantly recognisable cryptocurrency which the public are more aware of, but this does not have to continue forever and it's not particularly strong.

What makes BTC relevant is that it's the basis for the development of other cryptocurrencies.  Some new cryptocurrencies bring new suggestions and purposes to blockchain technology, but they are usually for a very specific purpose, whereas Bitcoin is the general basis for all of this - hence the claim that it is a "master crypto".

Furthermore, these new cryptos with specific purposes tend to be quite experimental - they are just testing the waters to find what could potentially be practical.  BTC doesn't need to add all these new features and that's what makes it the most secure.
cherryfer

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:26:09 AM

We are now swimming in the sea of coins and tokens as the cryptocurrency marketplace is expanding astronomically for the past many months. We are into the barrage of new ICOs almost everyday...there are new versions of Bitcoin, new idea of a cryptocurrency and sometimes also strange projects which can be hard to fathom and let alone swallow intellectually.

There are those who believe that actually Bitcoin is not the best cryptocurrency though it is the first and the original. Others are pointing the problem of the Bitcoin network consuming a huge load of electricity to power up its mining operation...this can be a big problem not just in terms of cost but also because we are now entering the green revolution (a solution is of course using renewable power supply).

Bitcoin is not really so anonymous which give rise to Monero or Bytecoin, coins performing much better along this realm. We also have the powerful miners having such a great influence and decision control over the community. Compared to Ethereum or even XEM, we still have to see a myriad of extra utilities  or features which can convey to us that indeed Bitcoin is the future.

Bitcoin is amazing! I am very glad that I knew it way back then. My free time is more senseful than before. I can gain some income through bitcoin, I hope. Atleast I can have some additional money compare in playing video games. I feel that I am just wasting money on that even it gives happiness and fulfillment to many people right there. Maybe bitcoin is not the best but it changes the way I live in many ways.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:33:14 AM

the "best" does not exist in the world we live in. if anyone wants "the best" they have to move to an alternate universe where unicorns fly above.

Bitcoin is not really so anonymous which give rise to Monero or Bytecoin, coins performing much better along this realm.

the average Joe has proven so far that they do not care about more anonymity than what bitcoin is offering them. otherwise we would have been using Moreno in all the shops not bitcoin and cash.

Compared to Ethereum or even XEM, we still have to see a myriad of extra utilities  or features which can convey to us that indeed Bitcoin is the future.

i am not that familiar with XEM but ethereum doesn't really have any "utility or feature" apart from smart contracts. and it is idiotic to even begin to compare eth (a token) with bitcoin (a currency) if you ask me.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
btc_angela

Activity: 2632
Merit: 546

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:35:02 AM

In terms of giving us a good returns and as form of investment, bitcoin is the only way to go. There's no such thing in altcoin that can challenges the dominance of bitcoin and never will. Those coins like Monero as more anonymous than bitcoin I believed that, but if you are not into illegal activity then bitcoin will be a perfect fit for you. Those coins that are truly anonymous is still behind bitcoin and other altcoins because they are not being used as designed. Everyone is onto bitcoin right now.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:39:25 AM

Bitcoin is the biggest and best currency out there, there yes it's true that some alts have done well but Bitcoin is the king and true King of the crypto world, I don't really like any other coins and don't consider them real coins to. Which system doesn't have a problem, to say banks is safe then why does card cheats happen, why does banks go bankruptcy, Bitcoin has its flaws but yet it's the best much better than any other coin, it's market cap and returns speak for it self.
ranggawulung

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:40:30 AM

YES, I agree that there are more promising, faster and anonymous, safer crypto currency in comparison with bitcoin. Perhaps in the near future we will see a crypto-currency reform, in which a stronger currency will push bitcoin from the throne. But within 2-5 years bitcoin will still grow. Roll Eyes
BIG Tyrese

Activity: 85

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:41:14 AM

There are some proomising alt coins out there but most of the alt coins are scam coins which arere mined junk. Bitcoin is still the best currently.
christian07

Activity: 265
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:48:30 AM

bitcoin is not the best because of volatile price

But we can earn here even its volatile
       we are good for easy transaction or payments tool
       we have here knowledge about different country
       we have many helpful topic about bitcoin

We need bitcoin even its not the best
tienigarazz

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:58:09 AM

For me, bitcoin is the best, because it is the first and most improve crytocurrency. Now, the price of bicoin is still increasing and i'm sure this will continue untill this thing become the most powerful currency in the world. No coin can surpass bitcoin in being number one and in becoming popular.

wisdomcn

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:59:53 AM

Indeed as the popularity of and demand for online currencies increases since the inception of bitcoin in 2009, with a such an unregulated person to person global economy that cryptocurrencies offer has displayed a marked lack of regulation that attracts many users who seek decentralized exchange and use of currency.
D.Anand

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:04:40 PM

Time will tell, whoever survive in coming 8 years.

Bitcoins already proved it, hence it's turn for others altcoins Smiley
skyflakes88

Activity: 124

▰▰ ARENA SPACE ▰▰

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:09:11 PM

yes but bitcoin is the king as of now bitcoin is holding the largest market cap in all crypto currencies and ethereum just second and other alts, but some point in time bitcoin will be over taken by some coin it might be the supersede of bitcoin when a successful fork happens or just a powerful altcoin that is accepted by the market faster than bitcoin..

jer

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:09:38 PM

No one knows for sure. Yes, there are currencies that are anonymous, safer, but they beat out bitcoin? ... Something grand must happen, so that the credibility of bitcoin as the most famous and widespread crypto currency would be eroded, and all would sharply buy that coin that would be better bitcoin ... But I can not yet name the currency that is capable of this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: