Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2024, 09:54:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin rise to $500k in three years?  (Read 6002 times)
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:34:59 PM

So guys, what do you think about McAfee prediction - will Bitcoin jump to $500 000 till August 2020?

Pure folly. I believe in bitcoin and i trust it enough to leave my day job to focus on it but it's too much to ask for even 100k. Its just impossible to happen in any circumstance. Even if btc gets accepted worldwide, that amount isn't realistic by far

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:36:54 PM

Although I think, companies shout out placative predictions for marketing reasons, because they are aware of growing Bitcoin popularity, I think for exactly that reason, it could happen, if hardfork will pass smoothly.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:40:09 PM

So guys, what do you think about McAfee prediction - will Bitcoin jump to $500 000 till August 2020?

Pure folly. I believe in bitcoin and i trust it enough to leave my day job to focus on it but it's too much to ask for even 100k. Its just impossible to happen in any circumstance. Even if btc gets accepted worldwide, that amount isn't realistic by far
100k well before 2025 isn't all that unrealistic. It would require some very strong success stories in the altcoin scene (which is accessed through Bitcoin) though, as well as more adoption by mainstream corporations. Both of these factors could unexpectedly snowball Bitcoin beyond 100k even earlier, but that's something that only a fool would rely on in his calculations.
CapeTownMinter

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:40:47 PM

7nn & 3nn chips will change everything.....2020 BTC $900

8-16TH on a PCI express cards will take bitcoin away from asic farmers
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:45:50 PM

7nn & 3nn chips will change everything.....2020 BTC $900

8-16TH on a PCI express cards will take bitcoin away from asic farmers
GPUs don't get that much stronger just because of smaller chips. They certainly won't trounce ASICs. And even if they could do this due to a decrease of chip size, ASICs would simply start using smaller next gen chips as well.

Your price prediction is nonsense too. Even if all remaining Bitcoins could be mined instantly due to new hardware, the overall supply would only increase by around ~25% which would imply a 25% price drop at best. And that's if we assume that demand doesn't increase at all.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:49:34 PM

I think it's still very difficult. Well, at this time bitcoin prices are very high, and I believe, that bitcoin prices will be higher than the current price. but, I think, reaching $ 500k dollars in 3 years is still difficult. even to reach $ 50k it's still difficult.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:53:27 PM

I think it's still very difficult. Well, at this time bitcoin prices are very high, and I believe, that bitcoin prices will be higher than the current price. but, I think, reaching $ 500k dollars in 3 years is still difficult. even to reach $ 50k it's still difficult.
$50k doesn't seem that exotic to me based on the recent developments and attention in the blockchain scene. That would be "only" one trillion in market cap, which is roughly the size of one stock exchange or about 30% larger than a tech company.
CapeTownMinter

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:02:45 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2017, 04:14:26 PM by CapeTownMinter

bitcoin has serious competition now , secondly once Solar powered mining or clean energy takes over & the cost electricity is taken out of the equation I don't think BTC will be able to compete with more popular coins in the future as a standard currency BTC fees are very high compared to other cryptos.....

IF BTC would raise above 10K USD it would more likely to be used as an asset then a currency to shop with.

BTC losing market share to other crypto currency's is bound to happen.
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:24:07 PM

This is well founded as the number of Bitcoins is decreasing and the number of supply is limited. I am sure this will increase Bitcoin prices as the volume of Bitcoin buyers is increasing
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:51:13 PM

That seems unlikely. Bitcoin to $500,000 maybe in 20 years is so. I don’t think it will rise much faster than that. Even if Bitcoin doubles in price every year, it would take over 6 years to get there. I also think there will be periods of time where Bitcoin drops or consolidates, so it won’t be just increasing. Regardless of the growth rate, it is important to accumulate as much as you can over the next few years.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:54:27 PM

That seems unlikely. Bitcoin to $500,000 maybe in 20 years is so. I don’t think it will rise much faster than that. Even if Bitcoin doubles in price every year, it would take over 6 years to get there. I also think there will be periods of time where Bitcoin drops or consolidates, so it won’t be just increasing. Regardless of the growth rate, it is important to accumulate as much as you can over the next few years.
Consolidation periods could be significantly shorter due to adoption though.
kaspabha

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:01:27 PM

i dont think price will go to that. 20k may be possible. But we can not predict. who knows
akamit

Activity: 1498
Merit: 596

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:07:53 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2017, 06:51:49 PM by akamit

I really don't think btc will hit $500k by August 2020.
If McAfee said $50k than it could be more realistic than $500k.
Nothing is impossible, bitcoin price may reach $500k by the end of 2025.

If we look at the current market value and the involvements, bitcoin price reached over $6k.
So if we target to reach $500k than the market value and the involvements are needed by x85.

So is it really possible?  Roll Eyes
sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:20:33 PM

WOW, $ 500,000. A crazy number, but we can make our predictions of that
That's your guess, but to me, I think it's only possible to stop at $ 50,000 is reasonable
sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:22:52 PM

The level of sustainable growth in which the reductions and adjustments will make the bitcoin go further is the way to increase dizziness.
We can see that investors are often afraid of bitcoin bubbles
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:54:40 PM

Wow this is really a huge amount of money, well if this thing happen i would like to celebrate because I will earn big money for sure but i think this is really hard to happen for just 3years. My prediction is around $30k and hopefully people still support this kind of technology, well a lot of people are now using this and we will see what will happen in the coming years.
Bitcoin current price is 5 thousand dollars , and for me setting a prediction with a high amout like 500k dollar with an destination of 450K increased with the current value of bitcoin this is quite hard to reach in just lesdt than 5 years. Be side if you are going to know bitcoin in terms of its price history we know that there will also be a possibility for bitcoin price to dump for it to develop.
jackflag

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

Glad to see you

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:49:18 PM

Oh no, I think it's impossible, I think btc will continue to increase but to reach $ 500k over the next 3 years, this is too difficult to imagine. Currently, btc price is only $ 6000. I do not know in the future what will happen to btc, but really,  I think btc will not get to that number.
snackman

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

snack of all trades

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 07:47:22 PM

haha. I think he just kidding. Why could he predict? He is a witch who can see future? I don't think so. Maybe Bitcoin is a good coin, but it just reaches to maximum $20,000.  Cheesy

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:48:27 PM

haha. I think he just kidding. Why could he predict? He is a witch who can see future? I don't think so. Maybe Bitcoin is a good coin, but it just reaches to maximum $20,000.  Cheesy
He predicted it based on exponential growth curves. Nothing to do with witchraft, just pure Mathematics. Of course, reality depends on so many factors that such a simplified analysis often won't work. But it's not impossible anyways.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:23:00 PM

Currently I do not believe in a prediction, I just believe in something real happening, I think McAfee's prediction is a crazy prediction beyond reason. Though, I myself hope so according to McAfee's prediction.

The prediction is a process of estimating something that will happen in the future I call it a forecast . Forecast or prediction can may happen and it may not happen

Hopefully McAfee's prediction comes true, Amin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: