Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:05:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Regulated ICO, should this become a norm?  (Read 367 times)
magzy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:38:40 PM

Hello folks, so just recently stumbled upon an article about an upcoming ICO which is trying to get itself regulated. Does it give a greater appeal to you as an investor? Maybe this should become a norm and ICOs should seek to get reasonably regulated themselves? Want to know your opinion on that.

You can read the article here: https://thebitcoinnews.com/moirai-prediction-market-become-one-first-regulated-icos/
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 12:52:43 PM

That;s is a good news, ICO should be regulated by governments. Investors will not be scammed by fake projects. There are many fake projects and we are difficult to identify. If there is a certification of ICO from financial institution, the investors will invest securely. They will not worry about unrealistic projects. They have a reference from the certification that the project is executable or can be implemented. The project is not only whitepaper. I think everyone agrees to have their investment earns profit. They not only get tokens but also get shares from the project. To make tokens is easy, to make project isn't easy, it needs trusted and capable teamwork. ICO with realistic projects will be the next ICO trend in the future.
bundo

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:16:42 PM

A positive rule can bring success to ico
Today many ICOs are popping up even 1 day can be up to 10 ICO, and many are scam as well. To avoid scam then we must know Team experienced in kripto industry
If the government's ico rule is involved in minimizing the fraud it may disappear
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:18:20 PM

At least we need self regulation for ICOs . There are too many scam projects around and newbie investors always lose on scam ICOs.
So we need a regulation but without an authority. The name of it is self regulation.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:18:40 PM

Hello folks, so just recently stumbled upon an article about an upcoming ICO which is trying to get itself regulated. Does it give a greater appeal to you as an investor? Maybe this should become a norm and ICOs should seek to get reasonably regulated themselves? Want to know your opinion on that.

You can read the article here: https://thebitcoinnews.com/moirai-prediction-market-become-one-first-regulated-icos/

Yes, it's good news. I know that regulation doesn't fit well with the crypto-anarchist ethos, but in practice it is a necessary step on the path to mainstream adoption. When we can weed out the scams we can improve the reputation of crypto.
mayadin

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:37:15 PM

The price of ICO have not tanked the ETH price.
The quite opposite happend, ETH is consolidating in the 300USD for weeks now.
Because ICO collect ETH, and dump it for fiat or bitcoin.
chaosfourever

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:16:03 PM

Yes there should be some kind of a regulation with these. There are a lot of scammers out there and many projects die due to it. I know there is risk, but there should at least be some hope for investors.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
xPPx

Activity: 531

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 02:21:44 PM

YES. ICOs should be regulated, but not by governments. This tactic goes against everything crypto...
crazylikeafox

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:21:59 PM

Yes, this would weed out potential scams that want to put up a fast money grab and also this would instill confidence to people to invest in regulated ICO.
dacryptomoney

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:43:25 PM

yeah this will be a very welcome move...the market for ico's is getting spammed by a lot of spammers and this is not good for the network...honest people should be rewarded for good work and at the moment, identifying these people is very difficult for investors in general.
nexus2k14

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:05:44 PM

ICO should be regulated there is no doubt about that. Right now there is so many ICO's coming every day is almost impossible to know which are real or scam. I've seen people get scammed sending Ethereum to wrong wallet address just because there was a message on the forum, email or chat. Later you can check this fake address how many ETH was send and it's not pocket change - believe me. Some set of rules must be done, there were too many projects that basically steal money, and it's not ICO's only, on Kickstarter too, I remember there was a portable console that was looking too good to be true, some drone startup company that collected millions and didn't deliver the product.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:07:26 PM

That;s is a good news, ICO should be regulated by governments. Investors will not be scammed by fake projects. There are many fake projects and we are difficult to identify. If there is a certification of ICO from financial institution, the investors will invest securely. They will not worry about unrealistic projects. They have a reference from the certification that the project is executable or can be implemented. The project is not only whitepaper. I think everyone agrees to have their investment earns profit. They not only get tokens but also get shares from the project. To make tokens is easy, to make project isn't easy, it needs trusted and capable teamwork. ICO with realistic projects will be the next ICO trend in the future.

how about NO! the reason we have this explosion into the crypto space is because of lack of regulation. yeah you get scammed some times, but that's on you for not doing research. take some responsibility ffs. mark my words, the moment gov get;s involved that's when the growth really starts to slow down.

purplesugar

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:44:29 PM

I'm all up for some kind of regulation. The moral hazard that is going on right now in the world of bitcoin and ICO's is quite high. People do not always do what is right and are selfish to only do what could benefit them. The legal uncertainty in the crypto world is of the great amount so I do not see why regulating ICO is a bad thing. I think it is very important to protect the investor and to decrease illegal practices. If the trend of illegal practices and scams will keep going then it will not do anything but harm the crypto world. Investors will make regular investors associate and avoid the space. The interest will go down swiftly. Billionaire investor Warren Buffet has been speaking out lately about the bitcoin market being in the bubble territory. All of these bad practices are not going to help change minds of people who are critical and skeptical of bitcoin and cryptocurrency.

GET CODECOIN BEFORE PRICE ROCKETS
ETHERDELTA LINK: https://etherdelta.com/#0x9adaba9ffda15e3a043c907d390f645147eb532a-ETH
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:48:30 PM

Good news, if ICO is regulated it can only mean it is not scam and for sure there is much bigger chance that I will invest my money in something what is regulated than in something which is not. If all ICO's were regulated number of scammed users would be minimized, but also there is risk of fail project.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 03:48:33 PM

Regulating ICO is a good step of government to make sure the protection of its people. And also it boosts the confidence of the investors, well atleast what they are investing has legal papers and the people behind the project is real.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:00:11 PM

If ico will be regulated it's such a not normal, just look on IPO where is monopolitics and many companies can't fill registration forms and payments/
Anndrianno

Activity: 185

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:04:18 PM

Hell no. Regulated ICOs, Regulated cryptocurrencies, regulated lives, taxes and all those peace of shot?! I guess you guys have forgotten what is freedom and why we make money investing in ICOS- it's not the obligation that's behind is- it's the trust of people and our trust and ability to cooperate is responsible for the progress of ICO, not the damn rats from IRS or Central Bank with their idea of controlling and regulating everything

Cloud27

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:04:43 PM

For me, it's a no. No to the regulation of ICO. If the ICO is to be regulated, there is a possibility that the coin or the token will also be regulated. Yes to regulate the project, but not the token. How they regulate the ICO if they will not regulate the coin or the token. The regulation must be made by the crypto currency community and not by the government.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:08:58 PM

I do not think ICO should be regulated by Government however I will like to see the member of crypto community createva check and balance mechanism in order to curb the activitues of ICO scam. All hands must be on deck to make crypto currency and token viabke, profitable and efficient!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
Mr_McKska

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

3D Blockchain Applications Platform

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:34:37 PM

Yes, I agree, it should be some kind of regulation in ICO area. But you forget about one thing - as soon as the ICOs become regulated, investment funds with their huge capitals will immediately come here and all promising projects will be financed by them at an early stage. Most probably, we will have an opportunity to buy tokens on the exchange only. So, I think everything is ambiguous here.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: