Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:27:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Regulated ICO, should this become a norm?  (Read 363 times)
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:39:40 PM

Hello folks, so just recently stumbled upon an article about an upcoming ICO which is trying to get itself regulated. Does it give a greater appeal to you as an investor? Maybe this should become a norm and ICOs should seek to get reasonably regulated themselves? Want to know your opinion on that.

You can read the article here: https://thebitcoinnews.com/moirai-prediction-market-become-one-first-regulated-icos/

Definitely. If an ICO is regulated by the financial department of whatever country that it is in, then it makes the process safer and more trustworthy for everyone. This should be a trend going into 2018, as some countries have banned ICOs outright.

However we'll still see plenty of unregulated ICOs.

The risk in those will be much bigger than regulated ones, htough.
Franko30

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:25:06 PM

Bad regulations is better than without any regulations and tonnes of scammers that we can see everyday. I hope that regulations that start now is just a first step in this way. I believe it should help us to get rid of the trash
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:30:51 AM

ICO should be regulated by specialized state bodies. However, I do not know how the ICO can regulate itself. This is something new. Excessive risks in this case, of course, must be removed. Only then can this process develop and bring great benefits to people.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:35:03 PM

As I have heard, Japan has started the project that will help the government regulating ICO. Abu Dhabi in UAE has been discussing this topic now, the other emirate Dubai refused doing it.

Probably, ICO will be regulated in several countries only, not globally.
yura_878

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:37:20 PM

I believe that regulation is always necessary for ICO, but it should not be too rigid

BlockMedx

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:42:03 PM

Whether people like it or not, the regulations are coming.  It's such a new space that most have gotten away without it thus far, but sooner or later they will be regulated just like everything else.  It's may be a double-edged sword, but in the end it will be a net positive for the ecosystem.  Investors will be protected.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: