Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:23:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price After Indonesian Ban  (Read 859 times)
shrikant7t

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:27:35 PM

I think it will increase price..there are very low chances of getting value down because of this
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:46:10 PM

There isn't going to be any effect on the price, Indonesia is not a big customer of bitcoin by globally charts, they are not even a 1% of all the bitcoin usage all over the world, it is not going to affect anything.
There are been some little countries that did the same, and the price haven't move a single penny after those kind of news.
So stop creating fud, or at least, stop believing on them, because a lot of new users in here are feeling tempted to sell before this "ban" is released.
giantrobot

Activity: 564
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:22:39 PM

Some news Came from Indonesian  say

The head of Bank Indonesia, Indonesia’s central bank, has threatened action against bitcoin adopters if the cryptocurrency is used as a method of payment.

Are this news if be right will effect in Bitcoin price Huh

Source https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-banned-payment-method-adopters-will-dealt-indonesian-central-bank/

I do not know if this is the correct news or not. Not long ago, I read a news article, and it says that indonesia is a very bitcoin-friendly place. This is ridiculous, I think we need to verify its accuracy.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:31:39 PM

All comments Say countries Ban will never effect in Bitcoin price So why when China BAN bitcoin price down more than 16 days Huh
China was a massive player in the pre PBOC action days, where people till this day still think China is a very important factor when it comes to Bitcoin. The market went down, but it has gone up again to even higher levels.

I think this was the push the market needed, because Chinese exchanges not being part of the game anymore, means that whatever regulations against them will not affect the overall market anymore.

It wasn't coincidence that each time the price went up in a decent manner, the Chinese government stepped in and forced through certain regulations that on their turn were constantly affecting the overall market negatively.

It was a relief to see Chinese exchanges not being active, but they will slowly make their comeback. Huobi is the first to kick things off, and I'm sure that it won't take long before other exchanges show up as well.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
microlovr

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:56:38 PM

I can't see this having any effect on the price at all.
We're higher than we were since the China ban.
yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:02:23 AM

Maybe for a moment it well affect the price of bitcoin but just a little but it will still recover since there are other countries that are starting embracing the cryptocurrency and legalizing it.
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:29:40 AM

The head of Bank Indonesia, Indonesia’s central bank, has threatened action against bitcoin adopters if the cryptocurrency is used as a method of payment.

Source https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-banned-payment-method-adopters-will-dealt-indonesian-central-bank/

They've been pretty anti-bitcoin all those years so this does not come as a surprise to anyone in my opinion.

Still though this could potentially drive prices down if an official ban on bitcoin is imposed. Right now, they are threatening to act upon bitcoin users but i don't think that they are actually enforcing that just yet.

Indonesia isn't that big of a market anyways, compared to other asian countries.

frmracc

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:18:41 AM

I'm indonesian and that news is not that big here in indonesia. To be honest, bitcoin is not very popular in my country and there is still no official news about indonesia ban bitcoin. Even if indonesia ban bitcoin, bitcoin user in indonesia will still use bitcoin.
treather

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:22:16 AM

It really is unfortunate that all these countries are taking a hardliner stance against bitcoins and crypto currencies. It surely is a threat or a perceived one at the minimum to these governments.

SimonJones

Activity: 485
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:59:32 AM

All these bankers can do now is try to threaten people. They can never ban Bitcoin.

..............Web..............Bounty..............Twitter..............Telegram.......
.......ALL DATA ⇔ ONE PLACE.......

Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:34:38 AM

It is not banning bitcoin, a lot of people is misunderstood this news, bitcoin cant be used as payment in the store because the government hasn't legalized bitcoin, but the government not forbid you to keep it as  investment or used it for trading, so the government not banning bitcoin
Nameless27

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:06:35 AM

All comments Say countries Ban will never effect in Bitcoin price So why when China BAN bitcoin price down more than 16 days Huh

I don’t know if your asking with this or just pointing out that the answer should be “banning can affect bitcoin price”.
When you posted it, you ask for our opinion and everyone is so optimistic that it won’t make changes on price but here you are questioning they’re position on the matter.

In the first place if you know the answer why would you ask for it. I have the same answers with them and I know that will be a question mark from you. It is our way of thinking. We are positive than being negative about it.

Quote from: hugeblack link=topic=2324765.msg23625143#msg23625143 date=1509113193
[/quote

filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:02:58 AM

Even if it is true,it would not have any significant effect over bitcoin price as indonesia has just now started to use bitcoin and it has not yet contributed for bitcoin progress like japan.It would only have a very less share of bitcoin.

The indonesian central bank seems to follow china blindly without any analysis.Instead,it could have followed the stand of another south east asian country japan.

Even the dominant china's action against bitcoin has not been able to make an impact on bitcoin's price,we need not have to worry about indonesia's stand.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 06:12:22 PM

Some news Came from Indonesian  say

Bankers started fighting against Bitcoin with their ban, but I think Bitcoin ban in Indonesia is not very influential in Bitcoin price because Indonesian society can still make investments and trade bitcoin
franco123

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:28:30 AM

Right now even though it was just a threat, the Bitcoin demand and price will be affexted negatively. But the affect is not great and will be recovered. This is because Bitcoin has already proven it's ability to absorb these big news and still manage to survive and not drop it's price. The event that made it proved is when China banned it. We can really see to it that even a big country has gone in the market it can still stay strong in value. And now even a smaller country might do the same, Bitcoin will most probanly overcome it easier.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:41:09 AM

I think it will increase price..there are very low chances of getting value down because of this
in my opinion bitcoin will decrease if there's a huge demand of supply from there country . In this Scenario after indonesian  get banned i see that it fall a little bit not the same when china decide to banned some of there supplies. I think the demand of supply  from that country is not huge that cant fall deep the value of bitcoin now adays. As of now bitcoin is always fluctuating maybe later it will increase  again.
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:43:23 AM

The price is still hovering within a few % of the ATH. I would say that this had very little affect on the overall price of Bitcoin.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:45:57 AM

The price is still hovering within a few % of the ATH. I would say that this had very little affect on the overall price of Bitcoin.

Current biggest market still Japan so Indonesia doesn't affect too much !
As I know bitcoin enthusiast at Indonesia still quite low but the demand getting increase overtime but not as much as other country

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:58:27 AM

I think it wont affect the price of bitcoin because a small country like Indonesia and its user base is not that great and there are big miners in Indonesia unlike what happen in china.
True or not i still think that i wont move the price of bitcoin just by banning it in one country.
denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:32:23 AM

Indeed I really know about this, because I am included the citizens in this country. But I don't think this can reduce bitcoiners in Indonesian, even still many miners from Indonesian are still doing mining and not only that.. many investors are still investing in bitcoin. Indeed bitcoin is banned to be used as a method of payment, but doesn't banned to buy or sell it to local currency, of course I think this is not so very influential on bitcoin price.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: