Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:36:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price After Indonesian Ban  (Read 859 times)
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1669

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:18:04 AM

I really don't see any drastic price movement that can attributed to the Indonesian ban. Although they are very much active in the bitcoin scene, they haven't really that grasp on any significant market movement so I assumed that there's no effect, or to an extent maybe minimal and unnoticeable. They are not as big as China to really put a significant dent and negative news in our ecosystem.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:37:20 PM

Some news Came from Indonesian  say

The head of Bank Indonesia, Indonesia’s central bank, has threatened action against bitcoin adopters if the cryptocurrency is used as a method of payment.

Are this news if be right will effect in Bitcoin price Huh

Source https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-banned-payment-method-adopters-will-dealt-indonesian-central-bank/

I think it wont affect the price of bitcoin because a small country like Indonesia and its user base is not that great and there are big miners in Indonesia unlike what happen in china.
True or not i still think that i wont move the price of bitcoin just by banning it in one country.
Maybe if Indonesia really prohibits all activities related to bitcoin I think this will cause a price reduction in bitcoin. small countries can be very influential if the government stops everything. The Indonesian government is only afraid of its citizens who feel the loss of bitcoin. because of the huge digital asset bitcoin.

sunsilk

Activity: 2968
Merit: 622

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:51:41 PM

The head of Bank Indonesia, Indonesia’s central bank, has threatened action against bitcoin adopters if the cryptocurrency is used as a method of payment.

Source https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-banned-payment-method-adopters-will-dealt-indonesian-central-bank/

This will not affect the price of bitcoin, we have seen a big player in the market that has banned ICOs and exchanges, I'm talking about China that's even more giving a big effect to the market but it only happened for a while.

Indonesia is not seeing the good side of bitcoin, they are against to it probably their banks does have their own agenda or they can see bitcoin as a threat.

But I'll laugh at them if for the next months or years they'll accept bitcoin again.

soul-impact

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:11:07 PM

I think it wont affect the price of bitcoin because a small country like Indonesia and its user base is not that great and there are big miners in Indonesia unlike what happen in china.
True or not i still think that i wont move the price of bitcoin just by banning it in one country.
Maybe if Indonesia really prohibits all activities related to bitcoin I think this will cause a price reduction in bitcoin. small countries can be very influential if the government stops everything. The Indonesian government is only afraid of its citizens who feel the loss of bitcoin. because of the huge digital asset bitcoin.

Not only indonesia, after a long period of free activity, bitcoin is officially banned in my country, anyone using it will be prosecuted for criminal responsibility. It is a very difficult task. I think we need to take measures to use it secretly. However, the value of bitcoin is not affected when small countries like us banned bitcoins.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:49:52 PM

They've been pretty anti-bitcoin all those years so this does not come as a surprise to anyone in my opinion.

Still though this could potentially drive prices down if an official ban on bitcoin is imposed. Right now, they are threatening to act upon bitcoin users but i don't think that they are actually enforcing that just yet.

Indonesia isn't that big of a market anyways, compared to other asian countries.
Being  a digital currency many countries have several doubts and other problems about bit coins so some countries ban bit coin which is a common thing but if we look into the probity of the matter it will have not a big impact on the prices of bit coin as other countries are also accepting bit coin as a legal crypto currency.
diouf67

Activity: 260
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:18:41 PM

Indeed I really know about this, because I am included the citizens in this country. But I don't think this can reduce bitcoiners in Indonesian, even still many miners from Indonesian are still doing mining and not only that.. many investors are still investing in bitcoin. Indeed bitcoin is banned to be used as a method of payment, but doesn't banned to buy or sell it to local currency, of course I think this is not so very influential on bitcoin price.

It is interesting that they would only ban it as a means of payment, it seems as if they are okay with bitcoin as long as it does not undermine their own currency.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: