Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:13:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sick of ICOS! 99% of them are not worth the investment! Share your opinion ;)  (Read 633 times)
Gorgeous011235 (OP)

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

I Love DeepOnion!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:18:33 PM

Hi everybody,
I would like to talk with you about ICOS and how i realised that investing in them it's not a good move anymore.
Here's why : the 99% of ICOS once are over and coins/tokens are listed on exchanges they tend to lose their value reaching the most of the times a lower price than the original ICO price, resulting this way a very bad investment for the ones who actually joined the ICO.
I came to the conclusion that the best thing to do is not to invest in Icos and wait for the coins/tokens to be listed on exchanges and buy them on the very first hours that they are released on the market.
What do you guys think about that? Do u still think that ICOs can be a good investment or you agree with me?
Let me know  Wink

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:29:20 PM

I think you're somewhat right, but when you invest in the right ico, you can make some serious cash.
sorrysteve1

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:31:23 PM

Hi everybody,
I would like to talk with you about ICOS and how i realised that investing in them it's not a good move anymore.
Here's why : the 99% of ICOS once are over and coins/tokens are listed on exchanges they tend to lose their value reaching the most of the times a lower price than the original ICO price, resulting this way a very bad investment for the ones who actually joined the ICO.
I came to the conclusion that the best thing to do is not to invest in Icos and wait for the coins/tokens to be listed on exchanges and buy them on the very first hours that they are released on the market.
What do you guys think about that? Do u still think that ICOs can be a good investment or you agree with me?
Let me know  Wink

For a lot of ICOs lately then this does seem to be the trend, I think eventually there will be a reversal as people start to pick up on this. There are still some successful ICOs however that are very profitable if you can get in early. The problem is is that a lot of people are only investing in the ICO to try profit short term instead of longer term and then they dump as soon as the coin hits the exchange.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Gorgeous011235 (OP)

I Love DeepOnion!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:32:15 PM

I think you're somewhat right, but when you invest in the right ico, you can make some serious cash.

Of course i can make some serious cash with the right ICO but if i buy the tokens in the first hours of listing on exchange i can double that cash!
Understand?

▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
momopi

Activity: 501
Merit: 127

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:35:28 PM

Yes you're right. But I think 99% is a high figure to say that ico isn't worth an investment. When you say investment, you also need to consider the amount of time you willing to wait
Gorgeous011235 (OP)

I Love DeepOnion!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:35:53 PM

Hi everybody,
Let me know  Wink

For a lot of ICOs lately then this does seem to be the trend, I think eventually there will be a reversal as people start to pick up on this. There are still some successful ICOs however that are very profitable if you can get in early. The problem is is that a lot of people are only investing in the ICO to try profit short term instead of longer term and then they dump as soon as the coin hits the exchange.

In my opinion the most of dumpers are people who got those coins/tokens by supporting the ICO for bounties.
So people behind ICOs should understand that it is not a good move to reward helpers with tokens of the ICO.
If they reward them with regular coins like bitcoins , ethereum , dash etc... situation would be way different.

Gorgeous011235 (OP)

I Love DeepOnion!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:39:48 PM

Yes you're right. But I think 99% is a high figure to say that ico isn't worth an investment. When you say investment, you also need to consider the amount of time you willing to wait

Of course good investments need time..and i have never talked about fast profits..what i am saying is different my friend.
Why should i buy some tokens on an ICO when i can have the same amount of tokens for the half of the price right after the coins/tokens are listed on the exchange?Huh
That's the point!  Wink

dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:46:37 PM

Hi everybody,
Let me know  Wink

In my opinion the most of dumpers are people who got those coins/tokens by supporting the ICO for bounties.
So people behind ICOs should understand that it is not a good move to reward helpers with tokens of the ICO.
If they reward them with regular coins like bitcoins , ethereum , dash etc... situation would be way different.
They wont do such thing that those coin owners would decide to pay up directly with bitcoin or etherium. Heres the various reason. They wont do such thing because this would signifies that they don't have trust into their own coin.Next one,they cant still be sure if they would able to make money and pay up those expenses that they do pay to the bounty allocation this is why they do always decide to pay up on their own tokens.If the community would decide to adopt it and invest on it then that's the time would give them advantage and talking about bounty hunters you cant blame those ico if they would really put allocation because no one would advertise to them if there would be no bounty to happen.

Coldsnap4457

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

STOCKBET TOKEN SALE OCT 29 - USABLE SOFTWARE TODAY

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:51:08 PM

Hi everybody,
Let me know  Wink

You are right for some of the ICOS but not all. 99% seems too high of a number

To minimize the chance of that happening to you, invest in ICOS that have lock in periods where the devs are not allowed to sell immediately after the ICO. Stockbet has a lock in period of 4 years.

Gorgeous011235 (OP)

I Love DeepOnion!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:54:28 PM

Hi everybody,
Let me know  Wink

They wont do such thing that those coin owners would decide to pay up directly with bitcoin or etherium. Heres the various reason. They wont do such thing because this would signifies that they don't have trust into their own coin.Next one,they cant still be sure if they would able to make money and pay up those expenses that they do pay to the bounty allocation this is why they do always decide to pay up on their own tokens.If the community would decide to adopt it and invest on it then that's the time would give them advantage and talking about bounty hunters you cant blame those ico if they would really put allocation because no one would advertise to them if there would be no bounty to happen.

I agree with you..this is the most plausible way of thinking for ICOs makers but if things keep working this way i will stay in my position and never ever join an ICO again.

Heye

Activity: 72

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:56:33 PM

That's because of presales and bonuses, people want quick profit. Only invest in ICOs if you have a good bonus or invest in ICOs that don't have bonuses and presales. Also everything is red right now, so don't forget that if you invested while eth was at 340 you would have lost money buy holding it anyway.
Beicin

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:57:42 PM

I stay away from any ICO that offers early bonuses and stuff like that, it just doesn't seem right to me. We need to support the projects who aren't in crypto just to make a quick buck and then bolt away, and there are way too many of those currently in our market.

Gorgeous011235 (OP)

I Love DeepOnion!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:00:39 PM

I stay away from any ICO that offers early bonuses and stuff like that, it just doesn't seem right to me. We need to support the projects who aren't in crypto just to make a quick buck and then bolt away, and there are way too many of those currently in our market.

Totally agree with you! These are also my new parameters when studying an ICO for potential investment  Wink

SupremeGoose

Activity: 168

Patience and wisdom is a key

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 03:01:07 PM

The answer to your question might be here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2323278.msg23627172#msg23627172  Cry

Gorgeous011235 (OP)

I Love DeepOnion!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:04:58 PM

That's very sad my friend  Cry

Coldsnap4457

Activity: 98

STOCKBET TOKEN SALE OCT 29 - USABLE SOFTWARE TODAY

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:13:30 PM

I don’t think bounty supporters have nearly enough coins/tokens to move the market. They get 1% of the tokens or less. I think Wagerr gave 0.001% or 0.01% to bounty. The biggest movers are investors and devs. Invest in ICOS that have lock in periods for their team.

I agree that you shouldn’t invest in ICOs that have bonuses or presales. There are many still that do not. Stockbet has neither of these.

yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:18:07 PM

Hi everybody,
Let me know  Wink

Agree with your post but that's the risk we must face it. We can't do nothing with scam ( not worth ) ICO,  even we have the best strategy but real market has their own answer. About your strategy buy after listed is good idea but we still don't know what happen next day. I suggest you invest with only bitcoin and forget about ICO, is more safe I believe. Thank you.

BarkingHawk

Activity: 197
Merit: 190

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:20:56 PM

Very true.  We've reach the saturation point where there is a lot of garbage floating around, but you can still be involved in good long term projects if you do the research.  It's just that it requires more research now than it did before, lot of sifting through crap.

Gorgeous011235 (OP)

I Love DeepOnion!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:22:05 PM

Hi everybody,
Let me know  Wink

Agree with your post but that's the risk we must face it. We can't do nothing with scam ( not worth ) ICO,  even we have the best strategy but real market has their own answer. About your strategy buy after listed is good idea but we still don't know what happen next day. I suggest you invest with only bitcoin and forget about ICO, is more safe I believe. Thank you.

This is a bit too much my friend...ICOs are fundamental for the entire digital economy and many of them still have a solid project and a brilliant future...i wouldn't be so dramatic!
But i still think that the best thing to do is to buy when the ICO is over and when coins are listed on exchange in the very first hours.  Wink

zirtlan

Activity: 75
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:08:23 PM

you are right shit icos are increased but i dont think that is %99. there are still good projects and but now its hard to find .im looking almost every ico in this site and still making money from them
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: