View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 08:23:44 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2013, 06:11:30 PM by zvs

sold

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suryc

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:35:07 AM

I may be interested...
What brand?
1 GB or 2GB memory?

Thanks.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
zvs (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 09:06:11 AM

Ah, that's part of the issue of avoiding eBay!  I did just go ahead and look and there's only one that I can't easily determine the model of (w/o pulling it from computer)...  because if they weren't ASUS, then they got a different bios, where I could overclock easier =p

Two are ASUS, one is a HIS, one is XFX, and I'm not sure about the fifth.  They're all reference model 5870's & 1GB memory.  

I still have screenshots of them "in action" at www.nogleg.com/temp/1.png www.nogleg.com/temp/2.png www.nogleg.com/temp/4.png (I removed 3 & 5, 3 was obsoleted due to one of the fans being pulled & 5 was unnecessary)  ... note that even though the screenshots were taken at ~7am, ambient temp in room was probably around 85oF, up to 110oF in the afternoons...   bottom right of pic 1 is to show the system uptime of 7 days, afterburner was never turned off, so those were the max temps the cards hit..  4.png just shows piddling with the clocks, back when it was colder in winter.  now they mostly run at 1.063v (hence the 390-430mhash).... the card that is showing the 54o temp and 68o on sensor 2 needs a new thermal paste job =p

the other two are @ www.nogleg.com/temp/5870-1.png and www.nogleg.com/temp/5870-2.png ...  in that case, cgminer had been running like 7 days straight...  i still run both of those cards at 1.163/1.15v since they're double spaced.. also shows logfile on the 2nd screenshot... where I changed some bios that was defaulting the card to 1.212v in performance level 3 (guess I could have used RBE or something also)

(the high number of rejected shares is because of the nature of p2pool)

another ed:  also, the discrepancies between the clock times shown on cgminer/afterburner is because i use barelyclocked on the 5870s
zvs (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 02:35:53 PM

payment on this would be in bitcoins up front, or cash in person

i'm definitely not shipping overseas w/o getting the bitcoins first.   but, yes, if you want to pay me the bitcoins then i can see how much it'd cost.

i'll also make the same offer i made that other guy:

i could also toss in another 5870 that doesn't post at all, but still has value i assume (heatsink is on it, if nothing else...  and some handy pins you could solder on to the card that's missing 2).  it doesn't have a backplate or shroud 

and a 5970, which i'm 95% sure doesn't work, but not positive.  it used to be watercooled and i don't have the original heatsink & fan for it.  i was told it didnt work & never really bothered to test for myself.   just the card itself, no heatsink or anything else.

they are useless to me and just taking up space
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: