Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:51:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do they accept fiat for ICO?  (Read 684 times)
keiser9000 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:42:42 PM

Suppose some investors are only with visa, mastercard, unionpay, and american express cards. And they are eager to make some more internet money like those Canadians from South Park...

What is the right way to accept fiat from those old dudes ?

Thanks
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:01:35 PM

Suppose some investors are only with visa, mastercard, unionpay, and american express cards. And they are eager to make some more internet money like those Canadians from South Park...

Thanks

Let those old dudes to convert their fiat into crypto (using any exhcange accepting CC ... like coinbase). At least they will get some real experience how these crypto-things works.   

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3854

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:09:25 PM

I'm pretty sure not a single ICO accepts fiat. Depending on what country those old dudes are in, I'm pretty sure they have choices. Would be a lot easier for them if they can use Coinbase though, as it's definitely more noob friendly compared to other services out there.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
keiser9000 (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:15:21 PM

Thanks

Let those old dudes to convert their fiat into crypto (using any exhcange accepting CC ... like coinbase). At least they will get some real experience how these crypto-things works.   

Sounds promising. Can you please advice a proper exchange then, Bitfort? Thank you.
keiser9000 (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:20:07 PM

I'm pretty sure not a single ICO accepts fiat. Depending on what country those old dudes are in, I'm pretty sure they have choices. Would be a lot easier for them if they can use Coinbase though, as it's definitely more noob friendly compared to other services out there.

you mean coinbase.com? It looks reliable. Thanks.
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:23:29 PM

Thanks

Sounds promising. Can you please advice a proper exchange then, Bitfort? Thank you.

If you are looking for CC payments. I have used coinbase and cex.io in the past and was satisfied.
For wire transfers you can go kraken or bitstamp.

Interesting is also localbitcoins where you can find nerby trader to meet in person (trade for cash) or traders using the same bank as yours (then the transfers are quick).

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

bear100

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:30:30 PM

Thanks

I think those ICOs which accept fiat money should have a banking licence in its country. Or, at least, have some kind of partnership with Visa/MC or some banks.
I would read its legal section and tried to find their licence's registration number.
dacryptomoney

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 11:13:58 PM

yeah just buy ether from an exchange like coinbase and then you should be fine. Also don't forget to transfer those coins to a cold storage wallet for your safety.
keiser9000 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:01:19 AM

Thank you Bitfort!
keiser9000 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:02:36 AM

Thanks

I think those ICOs which accept fiat money should have a banking licence in its country. Or, at least, have some kind of partnership with Visa/MC or some banks.
I would read its legal section and tried to find their licence's registration number.

Getting a banking license is the thing on our list for sure. Thanks for confirming!
Namecom

Activity: 127

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:08:41 AM

Agree! For real solid ICOs it is an issue of legal to accept fiat. That's why if you see that ICO accepts fiat, look thoroughly into its legal side and think carefully before investing
meisha

Activity: 69

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:12:04 AM

Thanks

Can't you just pay with credit card in numerous places, like coinmama or changeelly? The fees are a little high but that's how it could be done easily for the older generation.
keiser9000 (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:53:53 AM

Agree! For real solid ICOs it is an issue of legal to accept fiat. That's why if you see that ICO accepts fiat, look thoroughly into its legal side and think carefully before investing

And what do you think, if they accept fiat for pre-ico?
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:44:44 PM

The only ICO I have ever seen that was looking into accepting bank transfers was Electroneum, but I believe it wasn't implemented due to security reasons (investments were made in BTC and ETH).

The best would be for them to purchase BTC, ETH through Coinbase, and then transfer it to an actual BTC or ETH wallet (as most ICOs also don't accept investments that come from an exchange ... if they invest from Coinbase they risk never getting their coins / tokens).
There is a Bitcoin wallet app (from Bitcoin.com) that gives you an actual BTC wallet and you can purchase directly with your credit card from Simplex. I have never tested it, but they would avoid the in-between wallets transfer.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 11:47:06 PM

Thanks
In my experience to see about the right way to accept fiat as a payment you can try to visit bitcoin suisse service and that provides you a service to make a fiat contribution gateway.
I remember the iconomi project has made its own way to the fiat payment or transfer through use the local bank as the way to receive the fiat contribution from the banking transfer.
You must try to see how the old projects work.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
keiser9000 (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:44:10 PM

crypto.tickets have started to advertise accepting credit cards for their ICO campaign.
I saw it in my @instagram feed as an advertising.
keiser9000 (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:06:50 PM

Thanks
In my experience to see about the right way to accept fiat as a payment you can try to visit bitcoin suisse service and that provides you a service to make a fiat contribution gateway.
I remember the iconomi project has made its own way to the fiat payment or transfer through use the local bank as the way to receive the fiat contribution from the banking transfer.
You must try to see how the old projects work.

Thank you, I missed your post somehow. I will study the he iconimi project. I guess it is close to what we will do for sure.
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 04:09:25 PM

If you want to invest in a ICO, you need to buy BTC or ETH first. Which you can get using popular sites like Coinbase. No one accepts fiat directly because of chargebacks etc

Positivebetting
max6575

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 05:12:04 PM

as further the use with customs of ico offering gains of appreciation from the wider public of audience than the use of fiat money should be occupied as gives with the less on hassles as investors might pays with the direct transfers of payment from banking account.

keiser9000 (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 12:23:51 PM

If you want to invest in a ICO, you need to buy BTC or ETH first. Which you can get using popular sites like Coinbase. No one accepts fiat directly because of chargebacks etc

Yes, it's going to a be something as simple as possible - like buy BTC or ETH to invest into us.
Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: