Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:49:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to test a 7970 and a 6990 for problems? Issues with gaming.  (Read 800 times)
El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 09:00:12 AM

How to test a 7970 and a 6990 for problems?

I have a 7970 and a 6990 bought for mining. They were used for mining about a year ago and more or less have sat around for a while or used for light computer use.

The 6990 and the 7970 both work fine for days/weeks on normal computer use like watching videos and skype video chat and worked fine for mining back in the day.

However they will after 10 to 30 mins in a game cause the computer screen to go black and lock up. This is clearly not normal. The game is MW:3   This also happens in CS:GO

These cards should be fine for these games but I get better results with my 6770 :/

So I don't know what I should do with the cards, I want to test them to make sure they are fine so I can sell them, or test them to see if they are bad and just trash them.

I do not GPU mine anymore so If they are not good for gaming they are worthless to me.

Anyway what should I do? Any good program?

Thanks.

Edit: Could it be a problem with the PSU or MB?

Thanks

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hendo420

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 09:15:26 AM

I would give you something for them even if they are bad. PM me if you want to sell either. Sell to me b4 u throw them out. lol

you might try underclocking the card and see if it still does it. I have a 6950 that started bsoding on me, i underclocked the card and it runs great now. lol
Also, try different versions of the video card driver.

ebmarket.co
camaro69327

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:47:25 PM

Things to test with , push a system.

Msi has Kombustor , checks for artifacts also I think.
Furmark
Fluidmark
Prime95
Tessmark

Any one of these can stress test parts of a system. But if you want to test the entire system at once for stability across the board try this. This is my gaming rig so it has 2 Nv 580's in SLI a 32" monitor and 1920 x 1080 RES.

Make sure you can monitor temps of Video and CPU (Fur & Fluidmark monitor the GPU's In the Program) but not the CPU.

Start Furmark in a window (600x800) , next start Fluid mark (Multi GPU) also in a window, Once both are running and the cards are warmed up , now start Prime95 on as many cores as you have. I also had Winamp going playing an internet station, (extra audio clue if something is going amiss).

See if that runs. I pull serious power doing that all at once. When i built this rig 2 years ago i tested this way to get my stable Overclock. 2 days ago I was playing a game and computer started making an nasty ticking noise. At first i thought Power supply so i dusted off all these tools and fired them up, with side off the case , no noise. Put side on and noise returned...lol it was the Fan on the side making the noise. But with these tools i could push the system to the Max, I was pulling over 1000 watts and no problems.

This can help rule out MB and PSU.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: