Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:48:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinions on Hashgraph?  (Read 368 times)
okspam (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:50:58 PM

I'm still studying this, but I'm curious to hear a few more opinions related to Hashgraph.

Nick Johnson from Ethereum said: Based on a quick skim, it's pretty interesting. The system seems well thought out, and at first glance, sound. The main issue I see is that the number of full nodes that can participate is limited: adding a new full node requires every full node to do more work, so it doesn't scale to large numbers of nodes. How much that matters depends on whether you could build a light-client type system around it.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SuperD007

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

Treat People How You Would Like To Be Treated.

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:41:34 PM

I think this is basically spot on... at first glance, it does seem like a solid well thought-out projects. What remains to be seen is practical implementation. I'm certainly keeping a close eye on this and I'm excited to see what they bring to the table when they have a working model in place for people to test. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: