Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:03:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to use bitcoin like offline currency?  (Read 7683 times)
vincentong17

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:30:12 PM

I think bitcoin is for online transaction it should be use in wifi or internet data. offline is just like paying a pyshical cash. one reason that i wanted to use BItcoin less hassle. i will not go to the bank and fall in line to make a transaction.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
senyorito123

Activity: 1736
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:31:13 AM

Few days ago a friend asked me this questions. But i cannot understanding that how to i give him answer. At last i said him that, bitcoin is an online currency. Only this currency used in online marketplaces. It is not possible to use it in offline marketplace like offline currency.

But what is your best answer of this question?
This bitcoin is cannot be used as offline because its nature of bitcoins and its design for online purpose as its growing and peoples doing hard work for spreading this hope they will do something for this also and we will able to use this offline but its very hard

Absolutely yes,bitcoin cannot used offline because bitcoin is online digital currency that's why you need internet to make a transaction in bitcoin and it is required in digital crypto currency,and that is very impossible to use bitcoin in offline transaction because that is not same into fiat currency that no need internet and the benefits of bitcoin that you can pay easily your transaction without any hassle.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

skillink

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:59:37 AM

there are some stores that accept payments using Bitcoin, depending on government policy, if the government legalizes Bitcoin, of course, many stores are receiving payments using Bitcoin.
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:23:05 PM

Blockchain technology is so made that only works online. Maybe it would be some way using NFC or contactless payments for offline payments and with later confirmation in blockchain. I wonder if it will be possible.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:11:48 PM

At the moment and currently, it is not possible to shop bitcoin offline. It can only be told of verbally as to the value or fraction you have but the transfer itself is done by accessing the internet.
mzimino

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:19:49 PM

it is not available online now, but I think it may be in the future
FirEaSeA

Activity: 114
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:10:06 AM

Digital currencies mean is for online transactions but maybe one day that developers will make a bluetooth app for transferring not file but coins.
portotoi

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:24:09 PM

Few days ago a friend asked me this questions. But i cannot understanding that how to i give him answer. At last i said him that, bitcoin is an online currency. Only this currency used in online marketplaces. It is not possible to use it in offline marketplace like offline currency.

For me bitcoin is a digital money that can be transact in any online transactions like online business. But if you want to used your bitcoin currency into offline you just need to convert it into your own currency.

mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:50:01 PM

Digital currencies mean is for online transactions but maybe one day that developers will make a bluetooth app for transferring not file but coins.

Bitcoin is an online crypto currency it is build for online transaction and for various uses in online world so it is not suitable for offline uses so we are moving to future , in future online transaction will be most popular in all over the world .
odranoel

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:32:18 PM

It is possible why not, bitcoin in offline currency can be possible for me because even check nowadays are usable hoe much more botcoin? In the near future i know that some country bitcoin is everywhere and anywhere

YouSeeMe  ♦   Bartcoin  ♦  Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
rapidleech

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:54:43 PM

You can keep it on offline wallets but without using. btc is completely an internet connectivity based system. So without internet nothing happens and bitcoin being a offline currency is not that possible to use .
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:38:11 PM

You can keep it on offline wallets but without using. btc is completely an internet connectivity based system. So without internet nothing happens and bitcoin being a offline currency is not that possible to use .
And don't forget that miners need to confirm transactions through internet and if there will be some sort of offline currency that is still fiat and if possible in the near future, they may integrate bitcoin and will improve the system that can be used offline through peer-to-peer by sending from hardware wallets to other hardware wallets if it's offline but still I doubt it will happen.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:48:52 AM

And don't forget that miners need to confirm transactions through internet and if there will be some sort of offline currency that is still fiat and if possible in the near future, they may integrate bitcoin and will improve the system that can be used offline through peer-to-peer by sending from hardware wallets to other hardware wallets if it's offline but still I doubt it will happen.

If the coin is use offline currency it will not improve the prices most of country peoples easy to reach for the future growth. It time to accet process. It will not easy to use and transactions process mot to easy.  So it will can't use the online process. You will can't easy to exchange the other country currency and transactions also affect the future. If start the process you will know plan to process. How to handle the people this coin for the offline currency.   Plan to process. If change the any process it will not easy to reach the people.
cavaBcoin

Activity: 181
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:36:00 AM

I think Bitcoin is not a real world currency. That is you cannot use it in this real world. To use Bitcoin you must need inter connection. The main difference between a virtual currency and a real currency is inter connection. To me bitcoin had been designed for only Virtual currency. The main reason I think is it's price. If you had Bitcoin in your hand then you won't invest it. You will have more attraction for mining it. The price of Bitcoin is very very high comparing with the other currency. I don't think it will be a good idea to handle it in this real world. It is better in virtual world.
That’s right , most of us who used bitcoin or other coins in crypto currencies world all know that this is a digital currency with much attractive. We need internet to do invest in this crypto market. Although it’s not a real currency , we can use it like fiat by exchanging it. we can get profits or achieve successful from crypto currencies. I find bitcoin’s investment a convenient and easy way for us to get money than other office works. It’s just require internet connection.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
VBCryp@

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:01:56 AM

I think Bitcoin is not a real world currency. That is you cannot use it in this real world. To use Bitcoin you must need inter connection. The main difference between a virtual currency and a real currency is inter connection. To me bitcoin had been designed for only Virtual currency. The main reason I think is it's price. If you had Bitcoin in your hand then you won't invest it. You will have more attraction for mining it. The price of Bitcoin is very very high comparing with the other currency. I don't think it will be a good idea to handle it in this real world. It is better in virtual world.
That’s right , most of us who used bitcoin or other coins in crypto currencies world all know that this is a digital currency with much attractive. We need internet to do invest in this crypto market. Although it’s not a real currency , we can use it like fiat by exchanging it. we can get profits or achieve successful from crypto currencies. I find bitcoin’s investment a convenient and easy way for us to get money than other office works. It’s just require internet connection.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
You can use bitcoin anywhere in the world as long as you are using a service that accepts bitcoin for payment. There are more and more large corporations with increasing numbers of services accepting bitcoin payments. That is a very good sign of the market and the people who are supporting bitcoin.
Bdstar

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:30:49 AM

Nope, Bitcoin is not like a real money that could be used without internet, I think this is the basic difference between Real Money and virtual money. So you were right that Bitcoin is the online or virtual currency that only can be used in the virtual world. without internet, you can't handle even you can pay anywhere.
So it's the basic criteria of the virtual currency and where the main element is the internet.
littleDarper
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:05:08 AM

Actually you can use it offline. There are physical bitcoin that are sold with a paper wallet private key printed on them containing some pre-defined value. You must still of course go online to use/spend them, but they could in theory be traded offline for their marked value.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:39:45 AM

If the coin is use offline currency it will not improve the prices most of country peoples easy to reach for the future growth. It time to accet process. It will not easy to use and transactions process mot to easy.  So it will can't use the online process. You will can't easy to exchange the other country currency and transactions also affect the future. If start the process you will know plan to process. How to handle the people this coin for the offline currency.   Plan to process. If change the any process it will not easy to reach the people.
It will not be easy to use? Well if there will be sort of upgrade or what then bitcoin might be easy to use and accessible everywhere. There's no need for us to exchange it from other country's local currency when bitcoin has been accepted everywhere. But for now the sad fact that there are still few users and businesses that are willing to accept bitcoin so we have to exchange it and using it like offline currency can't be applied.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:08:59 PM

All the offline currencies do not need of having any kind of internet connection as they can be used even without having any internet connection and there is no such need of having an internet connection as well.

However, in case of bitcoin having an internet connection is a must condition and we all really need to have an internet connection in order to make any kind of transaction related to bitcoin. If bitcoin will be used as an offline currency then it must have stable value. A stable value can be fixed at least for some 24 hours.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:54:59 PM

bitcoin is not designed to be like a real money which you can hold. what im sayin is it is only a program or data which which you can access using internet, you have your wallets on your gadgets or online because it's the only thing that can keep your online currency.
Of course you can always hold it physically , just print a paper wallet and design it just like any other offline currency.
Of course fund it with certain amount and voila you can see it just like offline currency and spend it.
The only problem is bitcoin lack of interest for the offline store , especially recently a lot of government around the world planning to regulates any kind bitcoin transaction.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: