Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:05:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to use bitcoin like offline currency?  (Read 7683 times)
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:00:11 AM

Few days ago a friend asked me this questions. But i cannot understanding that how to i give him answer. At last i said him that, bitcoin is an online currency. Only this currency used in online marketplaces. It is not possible to use it in offline marketplace like offline currency.

But what is your best answer of this question?

Actually it's possible to use bitcoin in offline marketplace. The problem is are there any place that accept bitcoin in real life as the payment ? Because it's really rare especially in my country. I don't know about other country but there is no marketplace or shops that accept bitcoin here, maybe it will happen in the future.
It is not really possible to use bitcoin offline to make transactions. Because we all know that bitcoin really involves the use of the internet. But you can actually exchange it first to your country's currency and cash it out through some banks and use it for transactions you want. That is how it goes in our country.
The main point is that in many countries bitcoin is still not acceptable and you will have to sell your bitcoins for cash to buy something of your need. If you want to use your bitcoin to buy something online then you can use your bitcoin but if you want to buy something in your local markets then it is not possible to use bitcoin like offline currency because it is not offline currency, it is a digital currency and you will have to use it online.
Acceptance is something else I guess the real take is to how to use bitcoin just like a fiat. I guess yes it is not created to use it like the traditional currencies. Why are people embracing bitcoin because they want to get rid of the traditional system. There are people who have not accepted cryptocurrency yet in the form of a proper currency and they want to drag it to the older system, forgetting that it's a technological revolution and insted of following the old trends it will compel the others to adopt it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brascopck

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:42:26 AM

It's possible but i think it will takes more time to apply it into our life because there are many people out there that still don't know about bitcoins. If many people know and recognize bitcoin in the future, we will see people use bitcoin like offline currency.
Emitdama

Activity: 1895
Merit: 328

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:45:28 AM

bitcoin can possibly work offline how would transaction go through but if it was offline it would be more safer
Even now bitcoin transaction is fair enough because it is not taking much time now; according to me it is not easy because bitcoin needs internet and it is from digital world so if bitcoin will increase in price will give us benefit by high transaction. If bitcoin will announced as offline currency it will make bitcoin price very high and will give huge profit. I know now bitcoin is helping people and it will help always and forever.
I think it is not possible because bitcoin is an online currency and internet is needed for use of bitcoin. Offline currency can be used without a computer and internet besides bitcoin is different.

There is nothing offline with bitcoin. But overall the use of bitcoin is far better than offline currency because if you want to buy something outside the country you will need to exchange your local currency into the required one but bitcoin is free of these things.
muhsyakir

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:19:21 PM

This is not possible because bitcoin is made for the online world, so when using offline bitcoin it is useless and will not happen.
snipetr

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:18:41 PM

No, bitcoin can't be used offline. It is a virtual cryptocurrency, so work on internet only. It is not present physicaly so how it work offline.
For all processing related to bitcoin, internet is required, up to start from mining, buying, transfer, etc all require internet. So internet require to complete all processess of bitcoin.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:52:32 AM

Few days ago a friend asked me this questions. But i cannot understanding that how to i give him answer. At last i said him that, bitcoin is an online currency. Only this currency used in online marketplaces. It is not possible to use it in offline marketplace like offline currency.

Actually,  it is depending on the situation. But as of now,  it is still impossible because we cannot earn without connecting to the internet in our country. Maybe in the future,  it could be possible. But if that would happen,  maybe we are not alive anymore or if we are still alive,  then it could be possible that we cannot earn bitcoin anymore.
I think it is not possible because bitcoin is a digital currency and it is not usable like offline currency. There are some reasons for it. First is that bitcoin needs internet to deal in and the other is it is not usable in small local markets.

You can use your local offline currency for your daily needs but in case of bitcoin it is not possible. For using bitcoin both the buyer and seller must have bitcoin wallet.
douhancan58

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:39:53 AM

This should not be possible with bitcoin, which is in the network, and if offline, bitcoin will not exist, let alone trade. The bitcoin transaction is not confirmed on the block, and the transaction is not confirmed, there is no transaction!
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:20:54 AM

It's possible but i think it will takes more time to apply it into our life because there are many people out there that still don't know about bitcoins. If many people know and recognize bitcoin in the future, we will see people use bitcoin like offline currency.

Even though 99% people in this world knows or even owns bitcoin, it is still impossible to use it like offline currency. Do you forget that bitcoin is a digital currency which needs internet connection? How you expect it will be used like offline currency? It will be only possible if bitcoin has its own paper/real money but I doubt we will see it in the future like what we bring everyday in our pocket (real cash money).

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
supermam

Activity: 209

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:06:03 PM

Its impossible because bitcoin is connected to internet that's why you can't use it in offline market. You can have your transactions, pay your bills through bitcoin but you can't do this without internet.
ihsanskanzaone

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:03:10 AM

it would not be possible due to bitcoin transaction process using internet network. You do not have to worry about this problem because people prefer an online based system. You can see bitcoin development at https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-numbers-21-statistics-reveal-growing-demand-cryptocurrency/

contains

Transaction
12,000: hourly transactions.

99.000: BTC sent per hour.

0.103 BTC: average transaction value.

Mining
Statistics for the week ending November 1st.11 million: network hashrate in TH / s.

166 GB: blockchain size.

$ 12.8 million: mining rewards in the last 24 hours.

129: blocks mined in the last 24 hours.

326,000: bitcoin transactions confirmed in the past 24 hours.
O$IRIS

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:42:05 AM

Technically, bitcoin can be used offline - thanks to paperwallets. #hardcoresecurity
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:43:10 AM

No, Bitcoin is a virtual decentralized currency so that Bitcoin couldn't be as same as conventional currency. without internet, You can't use or transact Bitcoin without internet. so it's a challenge along with a barrier for this platform. I think it's a special criterion for this platform and virtual currency should be needed internet connection for sure, it's a simple equation.
So you have to think that Virtual or digital currency can't be transacted without the internet connection, That's the main difference between Real and Virtual Currency.
Md Saad

Activity: 584
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:06:49 AM

The main difference between the real currency and virtual currency is that the internet connection. Usually, we don't need inter to use for the purpose of paying and receiving fiat money, But Internet connection is mandatory for this purpose and without the internet connection you can't use Bitcoin.
Not only bitcoin but also every cryptocurrency requires the internet connection. this is the virtual world so you need to be connected to the internet system all the time.
tanxingwo1215

Activity: 105
Merit: 6

Get Paid to Play your Media on Current

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:04:40 AM

Just like the French currency, you can think of bitcoins as paper money, and you can put money in a pocket or purse. No need to register with the bank.
The private key you say is discovered, the privacy is unique, the secret cannot happen!

▃▃  ────▾ CURRENT ▾────  ▃▃
█ ▁ Get Paid to Play All Your Media ▁ █ (http://current.us/)
BitNotByte

Activity: 227

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:17:15 AM

bitcoin is not designed to be like a real money which you can hold. what im sayin is it is only a program or data which which you can access using internet, you have your wallets on your gadgets or online because it's the only thing that can keep your online currency.

doaremon

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 02:17:16 PM

I think Bitcoin is not a real world currency. That is you cannot use it in this real world. To use Bitcoin you must need inter connection. The main difference between a virtual currency and a real currency is inter connection. To me bitcoin had been designed for only Virtual currency. The main reason I think is it's price. If you had Bitcoin in your hand then you won't invest it. You will have more attraction for mining it. The price of Bitcoin is very very high comparing with the other currency. I don't think it will be a good idea to handle it in this real world. It is better in virtual world.

jerlen17

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:12:29 PM

Bitcoin used by internet connectivity because it is a cryptocurrency that is why you can not use without connection unlike offline currency or paper money, fiat or country's currency that no need an internet connectivity then u can easily pay your expenses.
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:29:31 PM

bitcoin is not designed to be like a real money which you can hold. what im sayin is it is only a program or data which which you can access using internet, you have your wallets on your gadgets or online because it's the only thing that can keep your online currency.
This is certainly the case, bitcoin is a currency of equal value throughout the world, it does not discriminate between rich and poor, skin color, race. You can use bitcoin to pay for all bitcoin accepting services around the world and the number of bitcoin accepting services is increasing in the future. Go around the world with just one electronic wallet that contains bitcoin, which is great.
doch

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:23:18 PM

This is certainly the case, bitcoin is a currency of equal value throughout the world, it does not discriminate between rich and poor, skin color, race. You can use bitcoin to pay for all bitcoin accepting services around the world and the number of bitcoin accepting services is increasing in the future. Go around the world with just one electronic wallet that contains bitcoin, which is great.
Yeah i think that paper wallet can be used as offline but bitcoin needs internet and without internet bitcoin cannot be used. So it is clear that bitcoin is not usable as offline currency. Bitcoin is a digital currency and digital means a computer and internet will be required to use your bitcoins. Better way to use your bitcoin is to sell them and use your local money for your needs. There is no other way to use bitcoin offline.
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:24:47 PM

Bitcoin used by internet connectivity because it is a cryptocurrency that is why you can not use without connection unlike offline currency or paper money, fiat or country's currency that no need an internet connectivity then u can easily pay your expenses.
The main thing is that it needs internet and for internet you need a computer of phone. Without these things you are unable to use your bitcoin. I think that there is no need to use bitcoin offline because if you want to buy something in different country you will use internet to search that specific thing and when you decide to buy you can pay easily from your bitcoin wallet. The use of bitcoin is easy than offline currency.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: