Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 06:23:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get my Bitcoin Gold from Ledger nano S  (Read 10820 times)
BreadandButter (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:00:34 PM

Hi,

I bought some btc this month and stored in ledger nano S also got my 24 seed/private key but I do not see btc gold anywhere till now after the fork. How do I get my btc gold from ledger nano S.

Note: I just started buying some bitcoin so I am not much of a crypto expert so please elaborate steps if you have any suggestions. Thank you

GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:08:28 PM

If you discover that this thread will become vert very popular indeed Smiley Too bad this forkers don't make a guide for BTC holders.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
BreadandButter (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:13:00 PM

If you discover that this thread will become vert very popular indeed Smiley Too bad this forkers don't make a guide for BTC holders.
Agreed. new users like me have no idea how to claim one. I hope someone replies with a good suggestion Smiley
RockDaddy

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:35:15 PM

I believe I read on twitter from their support that once they have something to work with after whatever BTG group is doing they would simply release a wallet update that supports it.

They did the same for Bitcoin cash.  If you open the BTC wallet now you get ask if your opening bitcoin cash or bitcoin.  I assume there will simply be an option for Bitcoin Gold once any actually action is taken to start that up after Nov 1st. 

Ingramtg
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:54:02 PM

i can not find any ways to get bitcoin gold in local wallet , i just send my bitcoin to the exchange before

folk , but don't warry about that , you will always get your coin  as long as keep the private key
cryptohorsee

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:00:06 PM

Hi,

I bought some btc this month and stored in ledger nano S also got my 24 seed/private key but I do not see btc gold anywhere till now after the fork. How do I get my btc gold from ledger nano S.

Note: I just started buying some bitcoin so I am not much of a crypto expert so please elaborate steps if you have any suggestions. Thank you

You can't, first of all there is no mainnet released to do that. The trezor team has not announced yet that the withdrawal is possible after they announce it I think btg will be dump to 0$. Why? Because those who had their bitcoin on the exchanges already had sold their bitcoin gold, now the price for 1 btg is 100$, which is very very low and show how the people treat it, it is even worse than some shit coins. The second fork, however, is going to be very tricky, but I think it will be worth more than btg.

JohnnyUranus

Activity: 130
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:23:14 PM

maybe in november, maybe not  Cheesy

MadStuntman

Activity: 69

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:42:45 AM

takes some time ... check:
https://ledger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005456969-How-to-use-Bitcoin-Gold-with-Ledger-
barryian

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:23:52 PM

As soon as Ledger feels it safe with replay protection which is actually already in place, it will show up in your ledger.

https://ledger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005456969-How-to-use-Bitcoin-Gold-with-Ledger-
JohnnyUranus

Merit: 14

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:08:17 PM

coming soon..
platom

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:24:22 PM

I believe ledger will list bitcoin gold automatically, later. Same as bitcoin cash before.
lorevici

Activity: 133
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:32:10 PM

https://ledger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005456969-How-to-use-Bitcoin-Gold-with-Ledger
mrelich

Activity: 154
Merit: 24

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 03:39:17 PM

Looks like some source code is already available at GitHub (?) at this address so perhaps we will be able to get Bitcoin Gold from Ledger nano S soon ? - https://github.com/BTCGPU/BTCGPU
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:45:28 PM

Hi,

You need a soft convert seed to private key, and import private keyto wallet support BTG ( but you must sent all BTC to other wallet to secure yor BTC)
balehubucks

Activity: 69

Powering Commerce

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 11:33:28 PM

Bitcoin Gold is now accessible on the Ledger Nano S.  Hooray!!!!!  The software for the Ledger Nano S is available, but I don't believe their tech support is actively supporting it as of this post.  So use caution.  Here is how you can access it.

Step 1 ) Verify that you have Ledger Wallet Bitcoin Chrome app v.1.9.9
Step 2) Verify your Ledger Nano S firmware is up to date v.1.3.1
Step 3) Install the Bitcoin Gold app on your device via the Ledger Manager
Step 4) If you do not have room on the device, simply delete one of the other apps.(don't worry your coins will be safe, just re-install app and they will be there)
Step 5) Launch the Ledger Wallet Bitcoin Chrome app on your computer
Step 6) Launch Bitcoin Gold app on your ledger device
Step 7) Click on the "BTG split tool"line on the chrome app (near the bottom)
Step 8 ) Select either legacy / segwit chain depending how your wallet is set up.
Step 9) Let the app sync - This will take a few minutes.
Step 10) Viola!! There is your Bitcoin Gold
Step 11) Now you can either hold your coins in this wallet or send them to an exchange.

Replay protection has been enabled so your original BTC is safe.

**Be aware that one of the complaints about BTG is that it is unstable.  So there may be risk associated with moving it around.  Please understand the risks and exercise caution.

Cheers  
khichariya1

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:11:29 AM

The Complete Guide to Claim Bitcoin Gold on Ledger Nano S
and They have done the same in the past with Bitcoin Cash and now with Bitcoin Gold!!!!!
sarannah

Activity: 103

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:03:35 AM

I just used split-tool and now i have gold and Ledger Wallet Bitcoin top row "Current chain" said it is split something, but i then clicked settings>blockchain and clicked segwit and now i have 0 btg and Current chain says Segwit.

So how i get btg back?
sarannah

Activity: 103

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:12:27 AM

I got it back by running split-tool again.
DrYM

Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 08:23:50 AM

For future reference, if someone is searching for this information like I did - the Split Tool option is a tiny text in the screen where you select between SegWit and non SegWit bitcoin, after you open the chrome app. It's there in the bottom. I missed it a couple of times until I figured it out.
Praetorian.1legion

Activity: 476
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:27:00 AM

Cases of hacking wallets have recently become more frequent. I know about the cases with https://blockchain.info/ and the bittrex exchange. People downloaded bitcoin gold for themselves. After that, they lost money.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: