Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:39:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Piggies - Charitable airdrop/token sale - Project concluded  (Read 13104 times)
PiggiesCoin (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:14:22 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 07:29:54 AM by PiggiesCoin

>>> PROJECT CONCLUDED - PIGGIES AND ETH DELIVERED - THANK YOU <<<
And here it is:
Article on Steem
Proof
http://piggies-coin.org/images/happypiggies.jpg

Thank you all for joining, and happy holidays ahead!

Also, note that text below may be outdated. It is left here for archival purposes.

>>> OLDER UPDATE <<<

The drop of unsold coins to paying contributors is underway! I hope this will bring y'all some smiles, because that's a lot of flying pigs Smiley

Regarding exchange listings, game plans, and profitability: please (care)fully read the OP before making things more complicated than they have to be. I know that it's nice when you get something for free and it turns out to be valuable, but like I said at the very beginning, this is a charitable project first, and potentially profitable second. The game plan is to be charitable - it wouldn't make much sense to spend considerable funds on getting listed on exchanges given the limited amount of funds raised by this project. And yes, as stated earlier, the symbol PIGGY was an unfortunate coincidence, but this is not something that gets in the way of our ultimate goal.

So think of the bigger picture. Even if Piggies turn out to not be worth very much as a cryptocurrency, at the end of this month, when I've presented the petting zoo with the results of this project (ETH, altcoins, and messages), the following things will still keep their value:
  • People that have never met me or each other came together online and raised ~$400 worth of ETH to help support a local petting zoo.
  • Between 6000 and 7000 addresses were airdropped Piggies to their wallets, and hopefully a smile airdropped to their face.
  • Hopefully, the same 6000-7000 people (although, I'm pretty sure there are some duplicates in there...) were encouraged to think about petting zoos (maybe even learned what they are), animals, and charity - and how this fits into their lives.
  • Hundreds of participants left a message for the pigs on the airdrop form, which, of course, will be shared with them.
  • The community will also get an article out of it (currently writing...), so everyone can learn from and be enjoyed by the things I learned about human nature and the crypto community over the course of this project.

Thanks for bearing with me for a while still, final updates will follow this month!

======================================================

If you’re just here for because you smelled a new airdropped token:

Token contract address: 0xc6b1953ab35f05db745dadd5ce411d75758a7898
Decimals: 18
Symbol: Piggy Piggies (PIGGY was taken by another project, stay tuned for updates...)
Total supply: 2,800,000,000 (to know why, see below!)
How to join: Set the location in your bitcointalk profile to match your ETH address, then go to http://piggies-coin.org/ and enter your ethereum address and a nice message to the piggies.
To buy tokens (20,000,000 per ETH, any amount of ETH allowed - plus you'll automatically join the airdrop): send your ETH to 0xa155FF3346e28D418f7A6e3A60623C8d0384806b

Want to know more? Read on!

What are Piggies?
Piggies are your way to show your love for the local petting zoo (well, the one where I live anyway). You see, the local government cut its funding so it’s now only open three days a week. As a volunteer-run organization, they’re permanently strapped for cash to pay for food, medicine, and shelter for the animals. Holding or trading this coins allows you to show your love for all things related to pigs, goats, chicken, bunnies, birds – seriously, it’s downright adorable, and they’ve got all the space in the world, but need a solid cash basis to make sure any additional animals they put up are cared for well into the future.
http://piggies-coin.org/images/piggies_r.jpg

How many Piggies are there?
There is a fixed total number of 2,800,000,000 Piggies. This is because that’s the approximate number of basepairs in the haploid porcine genome: 2800 Mb (megabases) (You can download it here if you like – by comparison, us humans come in at around 3,200 Mb). Rest assured that beyond this number, no additional Piggies will ever be made.

Is it secret? Is it safe?
Piggies are as secret and safe as any other ERC20 token living on the Ethereum blockchain. Except maybe eBTC, that has this nasty bug/feature that allows its owner to mint more of them at will.

Which wallets are supported?
Any wallet that supports ERC20 tokens is supported. This includes
  • MyEtherWallet
  • MetaMask
  • Mist
  • Parity
  • Any other wallet that supports ERC20. You may have to enter the contract address, symbols, and decimals for it to work.

How can I get my hands on some Piggies?
There are two means by which to acquire Piggies:

1. The token sale
A maximum of 1,900 MegaPiggies (that’s 1,900,000,000 Piggies) will be sold in the token sale at a rate of 20,000,000 Piggies for each 1 ETH contributed. There is no minimum contribution amount, so if you like, you can also contribute 0.001 ETH and receive 20,000 Piggies (and a smile on your face).

2. The airdrop
Of course, we sympathize with those of you who are strapped for cash, but still like to show that they care. Therefore, we’re distributing 30% of the total number of tokens in an airdrop. That’s 840 MegaPiggies.

To participate, go to the website and leave your ETH address, and a personal message for our friends at the petting zoo.

Every participant in the token sale is automatically also gets a share of the airdrop, ensuring they’ll always get more Piggies than non-paying supporters.

The airdrop is designed to accommodate 5,000 crypto-petting-zoo-enthusiasts. We'll start distributing the first tokens after 1000 people register for the airdrop. Depending on how soon this is, we might adjust the number of tokens subsequent participants receive to make sure everybody gets some. Rest assured that paying contributors get the maximum amount of airdroppable Piggies (= 840M / 5000 = 168 KiloPiggies), irrespective of when they join.

The remaining 60 MegaPiggies, as well as 50% of any Piggies that are not sold in the token sale, will be donated to the petting zoo to do with as they please. The other 50% of unsold Piggies will be distributed to paying contributors in the token sale, proportional to their contribution.

When will the token sale end?
The token sale will end on November 30th.

What is the purpose of the token?
Holding or trading Piggies is a means of showing you care about charitable things like petting zoos. Also, it is tradeable on EtherDelta (link), so you can make a neat profit if you like.

(Technically, you could burn Piggies by sending them to 0x0, but that would just be wrong and I’d strongly advise against it)

But… this concept is never going to work!
Yes, it is. Here’s why. Remember all these coins like eXRN, eBTC, and basically every other ERC20 (or Waves) token that was airdropped/ICO’ed recently? There is no reason for most of these coins to be worth anything.

However, what happens is that once some tokens are sold and the airdrop takes place, people start trading them. The fact that some of these tokens were paid for in the first place (in a token sale) means they are worth something to someone, and thus an opportunity for trading arises. People buy them in hopes of an increase in value, i.e. to sell them at a profit later on. Some people sell their tokens for Ether, some people trade them at a profit, and some people hold on to their tokens hoping they’ll be worth more in the future. The latter category end up being really rich in the future, or holding the bag – but that’s the gamble they take.

There is no reason to believe that Piggies should be any different - and therefore, yes, this will work. But even if it is different, nobody is left holding the bag in the case of Piggies, because the whole point was to support a good cause. Everybody walks away with a smile on their face.

What will the proceeds of the token sale go towards?
All proceeds of the token sale, minus expenses, will go straight towards the petting zoo. They’ll get a choice between ETH and fiat.
The only expenses that will be subtracted from the total donation are gas costs incurred.

How do I know you’ll give it all to charity?
The short answer is, you don’t. I could be a fraudster and run off with your money. But consider the following.
  • If I would do that, I’d be an extremely despicable person (Stealing from charity? Bah!).
  • If I wanted to run off with your money, I would have made up a much more business-like story to persuade you to invest in a token sale + airdrop. Or even a less business-like story, like we see here so often.
Also, note that I’ve put significant amounts of my own time and money into this project already. There is a website, a smart contract deployed, and I’ve made the first donation myself as a regular token sale participant - not to mention the time I needed to learn how to do all this. This demonstrates that I really believe there are no losers in this project.

What does the roadmap look like? What are the next steps?
So here’s the deal. Once we’ve raised >10 Ether or it’s November 30th (whichever occurs first), I’ll personally head over to the petting zoo, and take a picture with happy pigs/goats/etc. as I’ll hand over the money.

Also, as part of our roadmap, an artist friend of mine who owes me one for hosting her website for free for many years running will paint her crypto-inspired version of a Piggy-bank, and we will frame that and a selection of the wonderful messages that you post in the airdrop form and token sale. Your messages will be there for all to see, and I’ll post photographic evidence with bunnies.

What if I have questions or comments?
Feel free to post them in this thread, send them as a direct message, or via the contact form on the website.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
proexcept

Activity: 308
Merit: 156

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:16:09 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2017, 01:01:37 PM by proexcept

It's interesting, I'll be in touch =) Are you registered as company at some jurisdiction?

⚫ ⚫ ⚫Make even more profit on crypto trading with secure automatic trading https://trade-mate.io⚫ ⚫ ⚫
hanshammer

Activity: 280
Merit: 22

The Future of Sports is Fan Controlled

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:16:38 PM

Oh great another airdrop. Of course, I will take part again.

jameswar1955

Activity: 220
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:21:03 PM

Nice idea i like it.

I also joined the airdrop, hope the dev will be on this coin.
snakejack

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:28:01 PM

Good luck for your project !! I joined airdrop Wink
musie

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:29:46 PM

Fill the form good luck with this project
bhandotz

Activity: 86

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:34:11 PM

New tokens again, hope the price will be better,
Hindafing

Activity: 178
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:35:13 PM

All the airdrops in the last time and most of them have no gameplan. Let´s see if Piggies is different to all the others.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
PiggiesCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:38:40 PM

Nice idea i like it.

I also joined the airdrop, hope the dev will be on this coin.

As far as being on it, I'm a regular contributor: link.
Those funds are going to be donated no matter what Smiley

All the airdrops in the last time and most of them have no gameplan. Let´s see if Piggies is different to all the others.

Have you read the OP..?
haithemfar

Activity: 406
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:52:48 PM

cool project - will keep an eye on it.
S3rj0

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:09:41 PM

Good lick: you will need telegram gorup, twitter and a new website 😉
10sat

Activity: 143

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:10:21 PM

So there is no wallet to download..?
alian17

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 08:11:59 PM

The idea is interesting. Let me see how this is going. I saw the website and did a good job.

Neutro               More than a blockchain
          Join The WHITELIST         
Telegram     Twitter     Linkedin     Github     Medium
PiggiesCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:13:26 PM

So there is no wallet to download..?

It's an ERC20 token, so any compliant wallet will do. My personal favorite is a local copy of MyEtherWallet, so I can keep my Piggies in cold storage. Smiley

Good lick: you will need telegram gorup, twitter and a new website 😉

Please explain what we'd use a telegram group or Twitter account for... though the website bit, we could agree on. Wink
digitalcap

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:18:38 PM

Filled the form on site. Love this project! Good luck with everything.
10sat

Activity: 143

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:19:12 PM

Thanks mate. Joined the Airdrop!
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:32:30 PM

Hi dev. Your project look interesting but. I just have few questions.
Will there be any bounty for this coin?
Anthony1985

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

Tic.eth

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:35:49 PM

Nice project,I really hope it develops well.
DeKingCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 124

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:36:11 PM

Dev I wish you the best of luck in this project. So when are we going public or we are there already?
9ine

Activity: 122

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:38:00 PM

interesting i will keep watching the ANN Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: