Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:15:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Piggies - Charitable airdrop/token sale - Project concluded  (Read 13107 times)
efeservan

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:12:45 PM

Hi i got piggy coins from airdrop to my myetherwallet contact. But when i want to deposit them for trading myetherwallet says "Please enter a valid address." By the way i tried coinexchange, cryptopia and the wallet (generate addresses). Any of them didnt work it says "Please enter a valid address." always. Anyone can transfer them? Thanks

You need eth in the wallet for gas to transfer, do you have eth in your wallet?

Yes i have. By the way what about gas limit? I set it to 200000.
DarkGoddess

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Stars can't shine without darkness.

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:14:20 PM

Hi i got piggy coins from airdrop to my myetherwallet contact. But when i want to deposit them for trading myetherwallet says "Please enter a valid address." By the way i tried coinexchange, cryptopia and the wallet (generate addresses). Any of them didnt work it says "Please enter a valid address." always. Anyone can transfer them? Thanks

You need eth in the wallet for gas to transfer, do you have eth in your wallet?

Yes i have. By the way what about gas limit? I set it to 200000.

As I said before, I do not think the piggy on the exchanges is this one.

Check it yourself.

I Would Rather Get Lost By Making My Way Than Following One's Path And Lose Myself.
maccanak

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:54:07 PM

Received my drop, thanks!

fara_buduk

Activity: 616

gik nyareh proyek seteppak pas sepak

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:04:34 PM

nice when it entered the exchange for exchange may not yet open and I am still waiting for piggy coin donations

ZEEGLBAD123

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:58:52 PM

Update!

Some of you have indicated a desire to see some proof of my good intent. As in, how can we know you're not running off with whatever money we put in?

You have a point there. So I went over to the petting zoo this afternoon, and took this picture for you. Smiley
http://piggies-coin.org/images/piggies_bct_r.png
(why is this image not loading? The URL is okay...)

This at least proves that the pigs I use on the website are actually near me, and that I'm not banned from seeing them Wink
I hope this sets your mind at ease as to whether or not I'm legit about this.

If the QR code won't scan, you can find it as an image here: http://piggies-coin.org/images/qr.png . It's the contribution address Smiley

I prefer not to publicly disclose which actual petting zoo this is, for the simple reason that I regularly take my kid there and, you know, this is the internet.

If you feel that there is something else I can do to prove this is not an elaborate and highly immoral scam, please don't hesitate to get in touch. If you are serious about contributing, I will consider privately sharing some more information.

Other news:
  • The airdrop is ongoing. Like I wrote in a comment below, we're using a low gas price and approximately 1 transaction per minute, so your Piggies might take a while to get to you.
  • We have so many people signing up for the airdrop, that to ensure everybody gets some, we're adjusting the amount of Piggies per participant to 100 KiloPiggies for participants after approximately #1000. Note that paying contributors always get the original 168 KiloPiggies airdrop share!
  • Due to spammers, I've had to include a reCAPTCHA in the airdrop form. Just sad to think somebody is cool with sucking up hundreds of transactions' worth of gas so they can make a profit.  Sad
  • We now have a telegram channel at http://t.me/piggies . Feel free to join to get your Piggies-related news.
  • Oh, and I've changed the font on the website. It came with the template and was supposed to look like paint, but I can see how it gave off a bloody vibe... Cheesy
  • Thank you for all the heartwarming messages and wonderful donations we've received so far!

===================================================

If you’re just here for because you smelled a new airdropped token:

Token contract address: 0xc6b1953ab35f05db745dadd5ce411d75758a7898
Decimals: 18
Symbol: PIGGY
Total supply: 2,800,000,000 (to know why, see below!)
How to join: go to http://piggies-coin.org/ and enter your ethereum address and a nice message to the piggies. Yup, that simple.
To buy tokens (20,000,000 per ETH, any amount of ETH allowed - plus you'll automatically join the airdrop): send your ETH to 0xa155FF3346e28D418f7A6e3A60623C8d0384806b

Want to know more? Read on!

What are Piggies?
Piggies are your way to show your love for the local petting zoo (well, the one where I live anyway). You see, the local government cut its funding so it’s now only open three days a week. As a volunteer-run organization, they’re permanently strapped for cash to pay for food, medicine, and shelter for the animals. Holding or trading this coins allows you to show your love for all things related to pigs, goats, chicken, bunnies, birds – seriously, it’s downright adorable, and they’ve got all the space in the world, but need a solid cash basis to make sure any additional animals they put up are cared for well into the future.
http://piggies-coin.org/images/piggies_r.jpg

How many Piggies are there?
There is a fixed total number of 2,800,000,000 Piggies. This is because that’s the approximate number of basepairs in the haploid porcine genome: 2800 Mb (megabases) (You can download it here if you like – by comparison, us humans come in at around 3,200 Mb). Rest assured that beyond this number, no additional Piggies will ever be made.

Is it secret? Is it safe?
Piggies are as secret and safe as any other ERC20 token living on the Ethereum blockchain. Except maybe eBTC, that has this nasty bug/feature that allows its owner to mint more of them at will.

Which wallets are supported?
Any wallet that supports ERC20 tokens is supported. This includes
  • MyEtherWallet
  • MetaMask
  • Mist
  • Parity
  • Any other wallet that supports ERC20. You may have to enter the contract address, symbols, and decimals for it to work.

How can I get my hands on some Piggies?
There are two means by which to acquire Piggies:

1. The token sale
A maximum of 1,900 MegaPiggies (that’s 1,900,000,000 Piggies) will be sold in the token sale at a rate of 20,000,000 Piggies for each 1 ETH contributed. There is no minimum contribution amount, so if you like, you can also contribute 0.001 ETH and receive 20,000 Piggies (and a smile on your face).

2. The airdrop
Of course, we sympathize with those of you who are strapped for cash, but still like to show that they care. Therefore, we’re distributing 30% of the total number of tokens in an airdrop. That’s 840 MegaPiggies.

To participate, go to the website and leave your ETH address, and a personal message for our friends at the petting zoo.

Every participant in the token sale is automatically also gets a share of the airdrop, ensuring they’ll always get more Piggies than non-paying supporters.

The airdrop is designed to accommodate 5,000 crypto-petting-zoo-enthusiasts. We'll start distributing the first tokens after 1000 people register for the airdrop. Depending on how soon this is, we might adjust the number of tokens subsequent participants receive to make sure everybody gets some. Rest assured that paying contributors get the maximum amount of airdroppable Piggies (= 840M / 5000 = 168 KiloPiggies), irrespective of when they join.

The remaining 60 MegaPiggies, as well as 50% of any Piggies that are not sold in the token sale, will be donated to the petting zoo to do with as they please. The other 50% of unsold Piggies will be distributed to paying contributors in the token sale, proportional to their contribution.

When will the token sale end?
The token sale will end on November 30th.

What is the purpose of the token?
Holding or trading Piggies is a means of showing you care about charitable things like petting zoos. Also, it is tradeable on EtherDelta (link), so you can make a neat profit if you like.

(Technically, you could burn Piggies by sending them to 0x0, but that would just be wrong and I’d strongly advise against it)

But… this concept is never going to work!
Yes, it is. Here’s why. Remember all these coins like eXRN, eBTC, and basically every other ERC20 (or Waves) token that was airdropped/ICO’ed recently? There is no reason for most of these coins to be worth anything.

However, what happens is that once some tokens are sold and the airdrop takes place, people start trading them. The fact that some of these tokens were paid for in the first place (in a token sale) means they are worth something to someone, and thus an opportunity for trading arises. People buy them in hopes of an increase in value, i.e. to sell them at a profit later on. Some people sell their tokens for Ether, some people trade them at a profit, and some people hold on to their tokens hoping they’ll be worth more in the future. The latter category end up being really rich in the future, or holding the bag – but that’s the gamble they take.

There is no reason to believe that Piggies should be any different - and therefore, yes, this will work. But even if it is different, nobody is left holding the bag in the case of Piggies, because the whole point was to support a good cause. Everybody walks away with a smile on their face.

What will the proceeds of the token sale go towards?
All proceeds of the token sale, minus expenses, will go straight towards the petting zoo. They’ll get a choice between ETH and fiat.
The only expenses that will be subtracted from the total donation are gas costs incurred.

How do I know you’ll give it all to charity?
The short answer is, you don’t. I could be a fraudster and run off with your money. But consider the following.
  • If I would do that, I’d be an extremely despicable person (Stealing from charity? Bah!).
  • If I wanted to run off with your money, I would have made up a much more business-like story to persuade you to invest in a token sale + airdrop. Or even a less business-like story, like we see here so often.
Also, note that I’ve put significant amounts of my own time and money into this project already. There is a website, a smart contract deployed, and I’ve made the first donation myself as a regular token sale participant - not to mention the time I needed to learn how to do all this. This demonstrates that I really believe there are no losers in this project.

What does the roadmap look like? What are the next steps?
So here’s the deal. Once we’ve raised >10 Ether or it’s November 30th (whichever occurs first), I’ll personally head over to the petting zoo, and take a picture with happy pigs/goats/etc. as I’ll hand over the money.

Also, as part of our roadmap, an artist friend of mine who owes me one for hosting her website for free for many years running will paint her crypto-inspired version of a Piggy-bank, and we will frame that and a selection of the wonderful messages that you post in the airdrop form and token sale. Your messages will be there for all to see, and I’ll post photographic evidence with bunnies.

What if I have questions or comments?
Feel free to post them in this thread, send them as a direct message, or via the contact form on the website.
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:43:51 AM

i thought i saw this one in cryptopia the other day. my mistake, it's another piggycoin. LOL and these piggies are eth tokens. so let's see how the journey of piggies here will lead us to...
codepure

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:44:42 AM

AirDrop Arrived!! Grin
thx!!
wjdfx

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:57:30 AM

Everybody wins,I like this!
Tokek_Belang

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:17:42 AM

Join airdrop.
 Good luck
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:32:54 AM

Dev are you trying listed coin other etherdelta?
PiggiesCoin (OP)

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:22:30 AM

Thanks for answer,
which zooes will be participating?
Government or private?
Where their location? (Europe for example)

Joined the airdrop,

I love animals, Where's the zoo location?

It's in Europe, and it's a single petting zoo Smiley

Hi dev!I understand that the distribution has already begun,but I still got nothing!Tell, the distribution is still ongoing?

It's ongoing. As I wrote a couple of posts back...

i thought i saw this one in cryptopia the other day. my mistake, it's another piggycoin. LOL and these piggies are eth tokens. so let's see how the journey of piggies here will lead us to...

This has been pointed out, and it's a mistake on my part. I apologize. There is indeed another project that claimed PIGGY as its symbol a long time ago. Actually, it looks quite nice too.
So let's make a couple of things clear here:
  • We're not the same project. This was a coincidence that I should have prevented.
  • The only listing we have at the moment is on EtherDelta (working on making that one more official).
  • EtherDelta uses Piggies as our symbol anyway.
  • I will update the OP and website to call our token Piggies. Hopefully this will avoid confusion in the short term.

I honestly like the purpose of this project, it's nice that you are doing this to help your local petting zoo but are you sure you're in the right place though? I think you'll get more supporters if you put up a youtube video or a facebook page and start a kickstarter or a patron. I honestly support this project because this cause is so close to home but your roadmap is just too short, if you want this token to get more popular and get more hype then you should continue developing this token, you should add more to your roadmap, probably add more exchanges and let this project go bigger. Maybe if this works out then you can help more petting zoos.

Valid point. And the short answer is, I'm not sure of anything. Smiley Like the concept of cryptocurrencies itself, this project is an experiment.
To illustrate how this came to be, questions I asked myself before starting included the following:
Would I raise more money in some other way? Maybe. But all these options aren't mutually exclusive.
Does the project need a longer, more intricate roadmap? Well, I could make one up if I wanted to go for a quick profit, like so many other airdropped coins do... but like almost all of these other coins I'd just fail to deliver on my 2020 goals and you'd all know it from the start... Instead I chose to be honest here, and set a small goal, upon which we can build if this becomes a greater success than anticipated.
Would I learn as much if I went non-crypto? Doubtful. Would I have as much fun, or make as many people stop and think? Even more doubtful.

Really, it's been a wonderful ride so far reading all the wonderful messages complete strangers on the internet send to my favorite petting zoo animals. I'll post a selection here soon! (but first, my day job calls...)
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 09:06:40 AM

Piggies received , good luck to the project Wink
phamvy21052012

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:13:56 AM

a very interesting project. I want to try. Good Luck.
m_01

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:16:57 AM

For Airdrop just below thing is required or do i need to spend some ETH??

How to join: go to http://piggies-coin.org/ and enter your ethereum address and a nice message to the piggies. Yup, that simple.
Wintezs

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:25:38 AM

What name is used for piggies on the list of tokens on etherDelta? Am finding it difficult to locate it.
ZEEGLBAD123

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:59:44 AM

nice project  Smiley Smiley
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 11:07:54 AM

Is needed to send some Eth to get airdrop or only to join and wait a few days and after tokens are sent? I joined airdrop. Hope to get some.
civilufo

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:45:27 AM

Token will not be well known the if it is not listed on etherdelta. Dev, have you submit symbol to etherdelta? If you need help, just pm me, I can help you to list.

T16ER

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:17:25 PM

It is very nice of you that you want to help these animals! I hope this project will have a lot of success!
bhandotz

Activity: 86

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:25:50 PM

How much piggies token price ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: