Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:43:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Piggies - Charitable airdrop/token sale - Project concluded  (Read 13104 times)
PiggiesCoin (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:42:54 AM

The drop of unsold coins to paying contributors is underway! I hope this will bring y'all some smiles, because that's a lot of flying pigs Smiley

Regarding exchange listings, game plans, and profitability: please (care)fully read the OP before making things more complicated than they have to be. I know that it's nice when you get something for free and it turns out to be valuable, but like I said at the very beginning, this is a charitable project first, and potentially profitable second. The game plan is to be charitable - it wouldn't make much sense to spend considerable funds on getting listed on exchanges given the limited amount of funds raised by this project. And yes, as stated earlier, the symbol PIGGY was an unfortunate coincidence, but this is not something that gets in the way of our ultimate goal.

So think of the bigger picture. Even if Piggies turn out to not be worth very much as a cryptocurrency, at the end of this month, when I've presented the petting zoo with the results of this project (ETH, altcoins, and messages), the following things will still keep their value:
  • People that have never met me or each other came together online and raised ~$400 worth of ETH to help support a local petting zoo.
  • Between 6000 and 7000 addresses were airdropped Piggies to their wallets, and hopefully a smile airdropped to their face.
  • Hopefully, the same 6000-7000 people (although, I'm pretty sure there are some duplicates in there...) were encouraged to think about petting zoos (maybe even learned what they are), animals, and charity - and how this fits into their lives.
  • Hundreds of participants left a message for the pigs on the airdrop form, which, of course, will be shared with them.
  • The community will also get an article out of it (currently writing...), so everyone can learn from and be enjoyed by the things I learned about human nature and the crypto community over the course of this project.

Thanks for bearing with me for a while still, final updates will follow this month!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
derickonfire

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:54:32 AM

Thank you, I'm glad you could contribute some ETH to the petting zoo.

Again, I'll recommend you suggest they hold it if they can. That $400 may turn into a lot more in a year or two..

PiggiesCoin (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:58:19 AM

Thank you, I'm glad you could contribute some ETH to the petting zoo.

Again, I'll recommend you suggest they hold it if they can. That $400 may turn into a lot more in a year or two..

Thanks, I will! Smiley

I'm currently printing them one of these (they work with any string, not just BTC addresses Smiley), and will present it with the offer to help them cash it out at a time of their choosing.

I'll also explain that it's very possible to cash out just a part of it, should they have an urgent need of cash at some point, and to leave the rest in ETH to grow.
b3j0

Activity: 714
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:04:41 PM

no more news about piggies. the price of the piggy coins currently in exchange at etherdelta continues to deteriorate. the price of this coin continues to decline. I hope one day the price of this coin will improve
Probably a huge amount of supply makes the price of this coin very cheap. This is further exacerbated by people who can not hold these hard coins and sell them cheaply. we'll see what happens next.
Yes, too many coins in the circulate market.
I am very surprised why people would sell their coins for a very cheap price. they should keep their coins well and sell them as their prices increase. Looks like this coin is hard to go to the moon

They sell coins at a very cheap price because they might be thinking that this is not going anywhere. I don't know also how this one will progress, that's the reason why the price has difficulty of moving up. The dev should update us on his plans for piggies. Otherwise, there will come a time that there's no value at all anymore in etherdelta. At least there are buy orders but selling piggies is not worth at this time because you have to pay for the gas fee and you will just incur deficit in your account selling these tokens.
If dev is active in the move here then it is not hard to piggy go to the moon. dev should do something for this coin so that the price of this coin changes for the better. Getting lots of coins will be useless if the price is cheap

I love this project but somehow I don't think the dev really wants to push it further, it's over a month now and it hasn't even be listed officially on ED except through a direct link.
Maybe dev has his own reason for that. Now the problem is the price of this coin has not increased since the first time this coin is distributed. dev should be as quick as doing something or this coin is forever in my wallet.

DroidR17A

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:33:34 PM

no more news about piggies. the price of the piggy coins currently in exchange at etherdelta continues to deteriorate. the price of this coin continues to decline. I hope one day the price of this coin will improve
Probably a huge amount of supply makes the price of this coin very cheap. This is further exacerbated by people who can not hold these hard coins and sell them cheaply. we'll see what happens next.
Yes, too many coins in the circulate market.
I am very surprised why people would sell their coins for a very cheap price. they should keep their coins well and sell them as their prices increase. Looks like this coin is hard to go to the moon

They sell coins at a very cheap price because they might be thinking that this is not going anywhere. I don't know also how this one will progress, that's the reason why the price has difficulty of moving up. The dev should update us on his plans for piggies. Otherwise, there will come a time that there's no value at all anymore in etherdelta. At least there are buy orders but selling piggies is not worth at this time because you have to pay for the gas fee and you will just incur deficit in your account selling these tokens.
If dev is active in the move here then it is not hard to piggy go to the moon. dev should do something for this coin so that the price of this coin changes for the better. Getting lots of coins will be useless if the price is cheap

I love this project but somehow I don't think the dev really wants to push it further, it's over a month now and it hasn't even be listed officially on ED except through a direct link.
Maybe dev has his own reason for that. Now the problem is the price of this coin has not increased since the first time this coin is distributed. dev should be as quick as doing something or this coin is forever in my wallet.

If you really want to get rid of them send them to 0x0 and burn them. It will get them off of your account's token list.
aquamadez

Activity: 77

https://i.imgur.com/X96ilqa.jpg

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:13:05 PM

Glad to see your are going to do the charity and not drop it.

However, I think you may be announce this charity to another social media or site.

It will be help you reach your target faster than on your site only, and see all smiling face on the pigs which you feed.

Waiting to see your post pic after your make them happy  Cheesy

ᐱ    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Wi-Fi Global   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    ᐱ   
⇚⇚⇚⇚  WORLDWIDE DECENTRALIZED WiFi NETWORK | MONETIZE YOUR ROUTER  ⇛⇛⇛⇛
ᐱ   Website   -   Profit Calculator   -   Twitter   -   Facebook   -   Telegram       ▶ pre-ICO NOV 11TH, 2017 ◀    ᐱ
BostinHouse

Activity: 118

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:42:06 PM

are there any news with regards to the development of the project? or will remain a dead token?
cryptodrunk

Activity: 217

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:54:59 PM

I like your idea of charitable for the zoo... have you gone with the money to the zoo-keeper yet? Are the piggies happy? We all want to see a photo of those animals  Wink
archivesurmise

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:04:18 AM

Good project with interesting concept. I think it should be extremely popular and successful. So, good luck!!
PiggiesCoin (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:11:58 PM

have you gone with the money to the zoo-keeper yet? Are the piggies happy? We all want to see a photo of those animals  Wink

I expect to be able to finish up the "gift package" for the petting zoo this weekend, and go out to give it to them in the following week.

Of course I could run over to them right now and give 'em the ETH, but I promised the community I'd also give the animals a compilation of the nice messages you guys sent them, and I intend to keep my word. Smiley

Items in gift package (when finished):
  • 3D print of the donation address and corresponding private key. Carefully wrapped so as not to inadvertently reveal the private key.
  • A sheet of instructions and explanation of what ETH is and what to do with the keys in case they (a) choose to cash out or (b) choose to keep them and see what the future holds Smiley (I'll also offer to go through the motions of cashing out for them, if they want me to)
  • A picture frame containing a brief explanation of the project and its results, as well as a selection of your messages to the animals, so visitors can read about cryptos and about how strangers on the internet donated to their favorite piggies Smiley
bengsabeng

Activity: 742
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:18:33 PM

this project already dead?
It seems to be coming soon. no further information of this project after distribution. Not to mention the price of PIGGY is very cheap in the market seems to make people lazy to work here.

▀■ ■ ▀▄      ▀ ▀ ▄ ▄██      ► C P L A Y - IDO       ██▄ ▄ ▀ ▀▀      ▄▀ ■ ■▀
ONE ECOSYSTEM FOR ALL YOUR CRYPTO NEEDS
|        App Store        |           Wallet           |        Adstation        |        2FA Shield        |
terrong

Activity: 309
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 04:55:50 PM

It seems to be coming soon. no further information of this project after distribution. Not to mention the price of PIGGY is very cheap in the market seems to make people lazy to work here.
everything that happens is just in preparation for everything here. we know the team will work well and all that needs preparation so that later this project can run well
b3j0

Activity: 714
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:13:45 AM

everything that happens is just in preparation for everything here. we know the team will work well and all that needs preparation so that later this project can run well
I also hope so. The team will work hard for the success of this project and the future of this project. Now we can just wait and hope this project will grow in the future.

li03

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:19:53 AM

As the advertising slogan on your homepage says: Everyone wins. But as a fan, we are more concerned about the progress of the project, I hope the author can move forward this project
li03

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:21:40 AM

I also hope so. The team will work hard for the success of this project and the future of this project. Now we can just wait and hope this project will grow in the future.
The price does not explain everything, but the price proves everything, and the author should establish a healthy community and be active and keep the good concept going.
skygolden

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:49:08 AM

should i sell my piggies right now or should i wait ?

Where sell? This is not Piggycoin (PIGGY) https://www.piggy-coin.com/

The name of the token is the same  Undecided

tornikejr

Activity: 228

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:16:40 AM

should i sell my piggies right now or should i wait ?

Where sell? This is not Piggycoin (PIGGY) https://www.piggy-coin.com/

The name of the token is the same  Undecided

That is differrent coin with same name.
You can trade PIGGY here https://etherdelta.com/#0xc6b1953ab35f05db745dadd5ce411d75758a7898-ETH

For me this project is just good example, that there is still someone left in this world who doesn't think only for making profit and cares about charity and lovely animals.
I am looking forward to see promised pictures.

▐ █ ██|    CRYPTONITY  ▐|   The Crypto Community Exchange  ▐|▐ █ █ ██
⚫  Whitepaper   ●⚫   Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018   ⚫●   ANN Thread  ⚫
Telegram  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Discord  ●  Reddit  ●  Medium  ●  LinkedIn
PiggiesCoin (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 08:54:41 AM

This weekend, I went over to the petting zoo and gave them our "care package", containing private key, frame with quotes, and explanation on how to use ETH. They were a bit overwhelmed and very grateful.

They'll post about it on their web page, including a picture of happy pigs & picture frame, and I'll share the link with you here so you can verify that your donations did indeed end up at the petting zoo.

Also, I've just added an article on Steem about this project and what I've learned doing it.
You can find it here: https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@drpig/i-printed-my-own-money-and-sold-it-for-charity
PiggiesCoin (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:25:41 AM

This weekend, I went over to the petting zoo and gave them our "care package", containing private key, frame with quotes, and explanation on how to use ETH. They were a bit overwhelmed and very grateful.

They'll post about it on their web page, including a picture of happy pigs & picture frame, and I'll share the link with you here so you can verify that your donations did indeed end up at the petting zoo.

Also, I've just added an article on Steem about this project and what I've learned doing it.
You can find it here: https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@drpig/i-printed-my-own-money-and-sold-it-for-charity

And here it is: link.
http://piggies-coin.org/images/happypiggies.jpg
saekotye07

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:15:42 AM

im just curious if the piggies are in listed in the market now? and what kind of market? i just want to know the information.. but so far i like this project from being a charitable platform to help animals..

◆Telegram  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper
◆Twitter    ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚    ◆Reddit         
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: