Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:07:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CROC] Official CrocodileCash Update Board [Strength in Basking]  (Read 20019 times)
goodgryphon

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:06:24 AM

Is there any chance i can get a look at a solo mine config file so I can try and solo for fun experiment?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
startsts

Activity: 1092
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:41:52 AM

CROC price reached 100 sat,   what will you say now?    Cheesy

goodgryphon

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:02:33 AM

I'm still trying to get an old ant miner to mine on my networ to the wallet on a pc on same network. I have tried lots of config files. just cant seem to conect. It has been a year or more the last time i wrote a config for doing this and i know it something simple that im overlooking? This is my file
rpcuser=GoodGryphon
rpcport=39438
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.1.99
rpcconnect=192.168.1.146
server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
port=39437
gen=1
heratys111

Activity: 164
Merit: 71

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:29:22 AM

Is there any chance i can get a look at a solo mine config file so I can try and solo for fun experiment?
I'm still trying to get an old ant miner to mine on my networ to the wallet on a pc on same network. I have tried lots of config files. just cant seem to conect. It has been a year or more the last time i wrote a config for doing this and i know it something simple that im overlooking? This is my file
rpcuser=GoodGryphon
rpcport=39438
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.1.99
rpcconnect=192.168.1.146
server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
port=39437
gen=1
I'm basing this on what I've found to work solomining other coins using ccminer (your mining software might have a slightly different "batch" input string)...

You'll need to spawn an address for your wallet where you'll want newly mined coins to be generated then put that in as your rpcpassword in your config file.  BTW, your rpcuser and rpcpassword should be private so I suggest you not use the rpcuser name that you just broadcasted.  Grin

It's somewhat counterintuitive but I've found I can set gen to 0 (perhaps this was the problem?).  Maybe gen=1 is a legacy from coins that hash within the wallet, but your mining software is talking with your wallet as an external process.

I think you want to set mining to 1.

The rpcconnect doesn't seem to be necessary from what I've seen -- maybe try without it.

Also, it's probably obvious but you should be running a node at the same time (have CROC synced with the network to transmit your newly solved blocks).

Another security thing... after making changes it's best to have your config file read-only (and only accessible by your user account if you can set the permissions).

So your config should look essentially like this:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
rpcuser=yourNewUserName
rpcpassword=OneOfYourCrocAddresses

rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 # this is your computer's "localhost" IP

rpcport=39438  # listen for RPC connections on this port
port=39437 # port on other nodes to connect to
server=1    # tells CrocodileCash.conf to accept JSON-RPC commands
gen=0   # the counter-intuitive part mentioned above

daemon=1 # allow command-line terminal calls
mining=1  # attempting to solo-mine
listen=1 # allow other nodes to transmit your IP to nodes they're connected to

addnode=101.165.225.41
addnode=174.92.179.126
addnode=139.59.228.94
addnode=75.130.162.248
addnode=177.33.1.40
addnode=192.169.6.218
addnode=68.105.33.92
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The batch file input to your miner would look something like this:

cgminer/bfgminer -a sha256 -o http://127.0.0.1:39438 -u yourNewUserName -p TheCrocAddressThatIsYourRPC_Password --any_other_settings_specific_to_your_hardware/software (power, intensity, temperature, difficulty etc)

I hope that helps you mine some CROC.

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
startsts

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:26:17 PM

LOL CROC wallet is on maintenance at Yobit.   People want but can't but CROC for listing at CryptoHub  Cheesy

MadMac

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:19:30 AM

Where do you see that it is on maintenance? It says "delayed", that just means it takes a bit longer.
zinwirk

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:29:25 AM

goodluck to this project, i wish this great project a big success in the near future. goodluck dev.
heratys111

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:16:01 AM

I just posted this in the old thread and am copying it here as well (FYI)...

Massive jump today at Yobit, +150%. What happened? Can't find any reason behind this sudden move.

Presumably because it is being used at Cryptohub as a coin for devs to pay for their introduced-coins to be represented there (but, in some part perhaps, because it might seem to be a coin with a low risk-to-reward ratio right now [CROC represents a low-Beta coin relative to the overall cryptocurrency-market -- in stock-trading jargon/nomenclature -- particularly as BTC seems to be in a downtrending channel after the latter's run-up in late 2017]).  When the appropriate effort and testing has been made, we are intending to fork the coin (hopefully as painlessly as possible) to make use of the Peercoin codebase (an indirect ancestor of CROC), modified to CROC's specifications.  I'd say the outward lack of activity is largely my own as I've been a little too much caught up in mining in my freetime (and work 50+ hour weeks) but have a few resources at hand (an in-depth C++ book to get reacquainted with this programming language, and [more recently] this very thorough and technical book with code samples and theory: https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-blockchain).

BTW, please use the current thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2326144.0 -- as we can't update [that] original post [...] since Gizzard seems to have pulled a Satoshi.

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:26:54 AM

Some nice activity for CROC on YoBit I see.
DisasterFaster

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:06:34 PM

I am trying to buy some croc at CrytoHub wish me luck!
heratys111

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:11:19 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 11:33:26 PM by heratys111

I was discussing CROC with the ROI coin dev earlier in the Cryptohub chat.  Was anyone here active in the old Slack for this chain ( https://crocodilecash.slack.com )?  The invite link from the old thread ( https://join.slack.com/t/crocodilecash/shared_invite/MjQxNDc2NTc2MDM1LTE1MDU0NDQ1MzgtZDNlNzFiNjcyNg ) is expired.

Edit: nevermind a link was posted in the chat to a new slack.

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
m3mbr44n

Activity: 520
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:21:30 AM

I was discussing CROC with the ROI coin dev earlier in the Cryptohub chat.  Was anyone here active in the old Slack for this chain ( https://crocodilecash.slack.com )?  The invite link from the old thread ( https://join.slack.com/t/crocodilecash/shared_invite/MjQxNDc2NTc2MDM1LTE1MDU0NDQ1MzgtZDNlNzFiNjcyNg ) is expired.

Edit: nevermind a link was posted in the chat to a new slack.

Where can I get an invite to the new slack?
startsts

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:25:00 PM

I am trying to buy some croc at CrytoHub wish me luck!

price grows cause more and more coins want to be listed...  CryptoHub now can list tokens WAVES

CoinRaper

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:22:50 PM

CoinRaper Miningpool [CROC]

http://coinraper.ddnss.de/

EXAMPLE for CROCODILECASH [CROC]

stratum+tcp://coinraper.ddnss.de:32112 -u WalletAddress -p x

Ports:
                                                                                    Port: 32111, Diff: 4096
                                                                                    Port: 32112, Diff: 8192-1040000 VarDiff
                                                                                    Port: 32113, Diff: 2080000

Payout minimum 10 Coins every 10 minutes
Mikanoshi

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

Insane In The Blockchain ⚠

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 11:52:28 PM

No news about wallet update?

startsts

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:50:16 AM

it's not really necessary.  please understand that yobit never will apply our update, so we will lost that exchange

Mikanoshi

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 12:20:15 AM

OK then, faucet is in 10x mode, after it's drained block explorer and faucet will be shut down.
I can give an explorer template design if someone wants to use it Smiley

heratys111

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:34:26 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 05:19:52 AM by heratys111

OK then, faucet is in 10x mode, after it's drained block explorer and faucet will be shut down.
I can give an explorer template design if someone wants to use it Smiley

Damn... I saw your earlier message today and was surveying things in preparation to make a general status announcement or update to address things.   The block explorer has been obviously useful to have (and I've always loved the visceral-croc background graphic!) and probably the faucet too (I haven't used it for awhile myself, but did previously [90 CROCs worth anyhow based on the faucet's interface -- to this address: https://croc.blockstats.pw/address/CRyw5hxuJbr4pzWXayjf3Fvi9BCG8g1X3E -- other parts of that balance have been stake-rewards]).  Perhaps you'd consider revising this plan (even if payment of CROC or some other coin would be necessary to compensate you for the effort involved in what you have done) or allowing the code to be transferred elsewhere if that would seem a better outcome for you.  I wouldn't object to personally kicking you over some CROC on a regular basis either -- but see below for updated information.

So, as some might be aware (I know Hyperjacked is as he was part of the discussion) this past Wednesday one of the ROI-coin devs was in the CryptoHub chat and was asking about coins that might need work or development and we got to discussing CROC.

Earlier today some members of the team that he is working with (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2361848.msg24083829#msg24083829) were getting CROC wallets compiled and synced.  Based on the evidence that I have seen, this is a competent and capable group of people that are well-versed in working with a coin and its repository.  In marked contrast, I'm not going to pretend that I'm super well-versed in developing coins (as I am emphatically not but am trying to improve my skill-set and knowledge base in the spare-time that I have -- I mentioned earlier the two resources that I'm delving into).  We have had active discussion of some of these guys doing work with this coin but we haven't come to a precise, delineated plan at this moment.  At this particular juncture, I was planning on surveying the information available to see who has access to things such as the social media, website and similar.

I have thrown around some figures to DisasterFaster (out of my personal stash -- which would effectively make some or all of them potential whales in this chain).  The payments would be skewed somewhat so that the bulk (balloon-payment) is after the fork -- which would obviously be the most sensible approach for all CROC-holders.

I also don't want to step on their toes as they need their space to do effective work without compromising on their other projects.  They seem to want to keep their Slack as a dev-space and it's not my place to dictate (or restrict useful development by throwing a lot of people into the mix unnecessarily).

it's not really necessary.  please understand that yobit never will apply our update, so we will lost that exchange

But reducing the block sizes, adding checkpoints (the last is months old), and hard-coding nodes into the code are some of the changes that I think we should like to see.  I feel an appropriately-modified version of the Peercoin code will be more useful in the long-run than the perhaps legacy codebase that CROC stems from.

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
heratys111

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:08:15 AM

@Currypto I think we're going to want to start adding some things to the announcement (I started reviewing some of the earlier thread and found such things as that Portuguese tutorial on CROC that seemed to be somewhat about CROC-lo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYhdTkm3-Ls ).   I'm going to gather the resources available to help get our announcement pretty complete with what's available.

BTW, does anyone know what font Gizzard used in the original announcement?  It's part of the overall image/design and I think we want to be able to incorporate it into things (such as the website).

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Mikanoshi

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 02:43:55 PM

Damn... I saw your earlier message today and was surveying things in preparation to make a general status announcement or update to address things.   The block explorer has been obviously useful to have (and I've always loved the visceral-croc background graphic!) and probably the faucet too (I haven't used it for awhile myself, but did previously [90 CROCs worth anyhow based on the faucet's interface -- to this address: https://croc.blockstats.pw/address/CRyw5hxuJbr4pzWXayjf3Fvi9BCG8g1X3E -- other parts of that balance have been stake-rewards]).  Perhaps you'd consider revising this plan (even if payment of CROC or some other coin would be necessary to compensate you for the effort involved in what you have done) or allowing the code to be transferred elsewhere if that would seem a better outcome for you.  I wouldn't object to personally kicking you over some CROC on a regular basis either -- but see below for updated information.
Not until this is fixed. I can fit 2 nodes in that resources.

My VDS RAM cannot be extended (it was a limited offer Smiley) and I don't want to set up another one for nodes only.
So for now block explorer and faucet are closed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: