Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:31:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTGold.org online wallet scam  (Read 222 times)
mesavoida (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:03:37 PM

I was searching for supported wallets and I found btgolds.org.  It looks well put together and I found a mention of it being the official wallet, however I can't find any mention of it here or really anywhere. The about page has no company information. It doesn't accept HTTPS which is a major red flag. Twitter feed talks about a hack they survived. I thought about trying this out with an Electrum wallet with a low balance that is not longer funded.

I entered a disposable email and went to their "secure site" which is the same site, no encryption.  I put in the same seed it gave me as a wallet seed and the error message includes "Something goin wrong try after 10 minets or other Seed / Private Key" (sic) I also just noticed that there's no login button, no way of coming back to your wallet.  No confirmation email.  I have no doubt it's a scam. They will take your BTC and probably your BTG as well. Don't enter your wallet keys/seed into any online site.  Only use wallets with proven histories.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mesavoida (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:24:03 PM

They have a new tweet after I first posted this was a scam: "Attention! Many site SCAM!!!" So true...
https://twitter.com/claimbtgold/status/924040269107888128
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: