Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:40:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S9/D3 Sound/Silencer/Noise  (Read 1037 times)
Boneyg001 (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:11:55 PM

I'm looking to get a type of device to reduce my noise in my single room apartment. Relocation is (NOT) an option. Anyways, I've seen videos about how people stick it into a Cooler? With two silver tubes coming outside the cooler. My question is if I have two silver tubes coming out but they both are in the same room and not connected to the outside does that affect it? Plus, I heard about foam making it quieter?  Should I put it into a cooler with foam inside it or what?

Another thing I've seen are these "fan tube silencers" on ebay that say they reduce sound by 50% if hooked directly up to the miner but this video https://youtu.be/R7Nt6mXXBmc says it doesn't work but he doesn't connect it directly to the miner when I think it is supposed to? I can't find any actual video with these things either....

Any suggestions? I'm willing to pay

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:49:18 AM

The silver tubes are to funnel air into and out of the cooler. The miner is producing a ton of heat, which is why it has such big fans, which is why its so loud.

The cooler works because it's like putting the miner inside a box, but it still needs cooler air coming into it and a way for it to leave it.

You need to exhaust that heat somewhere - outside is good, but another part of your apartment where it can't easily get back to the miner will also work. Could you hook the miner up near an open window, and run the exhaust from the cooler out the window?

You could even try to put in through a portable AC window exhaust mount, but be sure the cooler is level with the mount, since the fan doesn't push the air too far out.

https://www.sylvane.com/honeywell-portable-ac-window-kit.html for example
floppydisk

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:25:49 AM

I'm exploring this as well at the moment. Looking for most practical cost effective solution. Both heat & noise need to be managed. The noise solely coming from the rotating fan blades and most of them escape from the exhaust fan.
Boneyg001 (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:56:41 PM

The silver tubes are to funnel air into and out of the cooler. The miner is producing a ton of heat, which is why it has such big fans, which is why its so loud.

The cooler works because it's like putting the miner inside a box, but it still needs cooler air coming into it and a way for it to leave it.

You need to exhaust that heat somewhere - outside is good, but another part of your apartment where it can't easily get back to the miner will also work. Could you hook the miner up near an open window, and run the exhaust from the cooler out the window?

You could even try to put in through a portable AC window exhaust mount, but be sure the cooler is level with the mount, since the fan doesn't push the air too far out.

https://www.sylvane.com/honeywell-portable-ac-window-kit.html for example

Alright, I understand, but let's say I just have the cooler sitting in a corner of my room and just the two tubes not connected to anything. Now, as long as I just run the air conditioner it shouldn't overheat, right?

Plus, where can find instructions on how to set up a cooler.... I don't know which to buy and even if I did I'd have trouble cutting through the thick plastic to make a hole exactly the size for the tube to fit in?

wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:44:38 PM

Alright, I understand, but let's say I just have the cooler sitting in a corner of my room and just the two tubes not connected to anything. Now, as long as I just run the air conditioner it shouldn't overheat, right?

Plus, where can find instructions on how to set up a cooler.... I don't know which to buy and even if I did I'd have trouble cutting through the thick plastic to make a hole exactly the size for the tube to fit in?

It'll be very very inefficient to try to air condition your room the entire time. You'll really really want to vent the air outside, otherwise your room will be insanely hot.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: