Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:53:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antimatter coin version 0.2.0  (Read 3261 times)
ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:41:56 PM

This coin is an interesting concepts... I like the idea of backing it with something. I will definetly be watching this thread closely

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:50:11 PM

Any real ideas are welcome, if you are against the idea please raise points that make sense and have an iota of thought in them. We are trying to develop something taht could essentially kill the pump and dump idea so it's understandable that there will be resistance.....hehehe resistance is futile. 

looks like some people already want to jump the experience and go straight to resistance.
ilovealtcoins

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 03:29:51 PM

Any real ideas are welcome, if you are against the idea please raise points that make sense and have an iota of thought in them. We are trying to develop something taht could essentially kill the pump and dump idea so it's understandable that there will be resistance.....hehehe resistance is futile. 

looks like some people already want to jump the experience and go straight to resistance.

Well there wouldnt be any innovation without people resisting early on.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:17:01 PM

true that, i'll keep you guys update. If i don't get any feedback in two hours i'll making the client.
ilovealtcoins

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 04:27:29 PM

true that, i'll keep you guys update. If i don't get any feedback in two hours i'll making the client.

I'm excited to see how this coin plays out! Obe of the few with any real innovation.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:37:59 PM

watching you reply to yourself? priceless.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:23:36 AM

ok, would anyone like to suggest a means of "backing " management that is satisfactory for the majority?
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 09:42:20 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2013, 09:55:48 AM by digitalindustry

wow its getting easier and easier to find the innovative topics , just look for the ones the Bittards are bashing…

I’m in support - I can suggest call it "ANT"

much more descriptive - and people will say i have so many ants - it’s a common word and it will catch on -

also don't underestimate names and psycological symbols - people want to know what an Ant is , becasue they have a human idea in their mind about what an Ant should be.

plus then the symbol becomes simple .

etc etc - more awareness -

one question:

so an Ants value is derived by the backing of those that pledge other currencies to it ?

is there a restriction on the currency list ? or is it open , you say wha tis traded on Cryptsy , does that include BTC and LTC ?

put me down for an Ant ! - {sorry its just what i'm going to call it}

i'll buy in ! - mostly becasue of that angry cunt that was calling it shit lolz

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 09:57:49 AM

probably needs to  look a bit  more freindly lol -

you know more like r3wt lol

the fans represent all the other backing currencies -

which are also the "ants" legs -

the Ant body represents the value of the Ant which is derived from that decentralized backing.

{hey digitalindusty ,} {yeah...?}  {are you a genius?} {. naa ,} {aw come on , your good at some things ,} {oh yeah don't get me wrong , I know what i'm good at, i'm not down on myself or anything like that ,} {, oh alright then, i just wanted to say , you know , i think you're great,}  {hey man thanks ...., it really made my day. }  < {hey also your talking to yourself } , {oh my bad, i'll keep an eye on that ...} {yeah probably should} ..

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:04:13 AM

wow its getting easier and easier to find the innovative topics , just look for the ones the Bittards are bashing…

much more descriptive - and people will say i have so many ants - it’s a common word and it will catch on -

also don't underestimate names and psycological symbols - people want to know what an Ant is , becasue they have a human idea in their mind about what an Ant should be.

one question:

so an Ants value is derived by the backing of those that pledge other currencies to it ?

is there a restriction on the currency list ? or is it open , you say wha tis traded on Cryptsy , does that include BTC and LTC ?

nice to see your interest. Yes the value is derived by the cumulative value of pledges that will be placed in one account that lists the balances of all the wallets and displays it as a number in selected currencies such as BTC,LTC and maybe later monetary currencies. I think it is a great name and your points are valid. I'm hoping we can get good designs now that i can incorporate into the client now, so that we release a full project that runs smoothly. The list for accepted currencies is limited to currencies listed on cryptsy since they support the most of them. And yes BTC and LTC are included on that list, someone suggested backing with USD and RUR (i think he's russian) but i think that would be difficult to implement unless cryptsy adds support for those currencies.

There was however a physcological hurdle that was highlighted to me... it seems people wont like to over divide their share... say you get a share six months from now... 0.001 and it is worth 0.1 btc... the worth at today's price is high but apparently people want to see larger numbers in their wallet. It was suggested i raise the initial number to 10k~ 100k, then per consequent block reward to 0.0001 for those who leave their client mining. What are your thoughts on this? And since you are a dev also, how would you suggest we clean out the risk of a farm or data mining the crap out of subsequent blocks?
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:10:02 AM

one question:

wow you work fast!!  Smiley do you mind if i ask the guy who did the new Noirbits icons and logos to give a crack at your idea?

as for people like r3wt, him and his friend have rather scary "trust" levels , and their approach was confrontational rather than helpful. I just ignore them, because this coin although it is still in dev, it kind of brings a new idea.
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 10:17:09 AM

There was however a physcological hurdle that was highlighted to me... it seems people wont like to over divide their share... say you get a share six months from now... 0.001 and it is worth 0.1 btc... the worth at today's price is high but apparently people want to see larger numbers in their wallet. It was suggested i raise the initial number to 10k~ 100k, then per consequent block reward to 0.0001 for those who leave their client mining. What are your thoughts on this? And since you are a dev also, how would you suggest we clean out the risk of a farm or data mining the crap out of subsequent blocks?

hmm i have to think on this - because I’m not all that smart , but i have streaks of genius sometimes,

yes

I think there is value in setting a number value for the ANT , but not too high , at a very high point , you start to go back the other way - 1000's is good but not 100k ,
Humans set values based on what they see every day, I spend 20 "dollars" I spend 1000 "dollars" . < the largest proportion of the population sees this way <

as for - the data mining - { to tell you the truth i didn't know there was mining ? } i thought this was a derivative - that is to say its value is derived from the others value -

but in essence an ANT has to exist to exist right - so hmmmm , it makes me think of the shit fight on Etlas2 topic of a consensus block idea.

i have to think .  

but if an ANT is a derivative - the mining is of a secondary nature - but we still have the laws of the market to obey - the velocity , image and perceived value/rarity .

so

Q 1. - yes not into the many 100k < than 10K .

Q 2. much harder - we need more input.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 10:19:53 AM

wow you work fast!!  Smiley do you mind if i ask the guy who did the new Noirbits icons and logos to give a crack at your idea?

as for people like r3wt, him and his friend have rather scary "trust" levels , and their approach was confrontational rather than helpful. I just ignore them, because this coin although it is still in dev, it kind of brings a new idea.

yeah no worries - everyone should have a go - ANT looks too anrgy anyhow lol - but you don't probably want a cartoon all the same -

: D

glad to help.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:42:36 AM

hmm i have to think on this - because I’m not all that smart , but i have streaks of genius sometimes,

yes

I think there is value in setting a number value for the ANT , but not too high , at a very high point , you start to go back the other way - 1000's is good but not 100k ,
Humans set values based on what they see every day, I spend 20 "dollars" I spend 1000 "dollars" . < the largest proportion of the population sees this way <

as for - the data mining - { to tell you the truth i didn't know there was mining ? } i thought this was a derivative - that is to say its value is derived from the others value -

but in essence an ANT has to exist to exist right - so hmmmm , it makes me think of the shit fight on Etlas2 topic of a consensus block idea.

i have to think .  

but if an ANT is a derivative - the mining is of a secondary nature - but we still have the laws of the market to obey - the velocity , image and perceived value/rarity .

so

Q 1. - yes not into the many 100k < than 10K .

Q 2. much harder - we need more input.

the mining serves to make transactions work faster by having an actual blockchain that rewards miners for keeping their clients online and helping make the network secure and fast. it's secondary function is to grow the cap at a very slow pace that takes into account the way alts are produced and accepted.  But yes, more input is required.
owsleybeatsbigcartel

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 01:18:43 AM

one question:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS47YGxiNA0l9d3mvS1DuM_rpp-IrLAi9UW-eQepNBmGw1JX0peKw

mANT onna peanutbutter cup nice!
owsleybeatsbigcartel

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 01:20:22 AM

I like the logo as it is. needs to be polished up a bit and maby bezled on the edges to resemble a coin.

Nonetheless, the concepts are intriguing and I am willing to be an early pledge.

I pledge to back with:

5 DGC
3 Million Infinite Coin
400 Megacoin
1000 Alpha Coin
5 ARG

who else is with me?!

i got chuuu
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 06:18:54 AM

ok, i contacted the guy who makes nice icons and logos. he is looking into it and we'll see results soon. Should i begin mocking up the client? i think it would also be fair if i mainly gave the initial distribution to everyone who showed an interest. I dont believe in the "0 reward until everyone is ready" coz the the guys who show initial interest who get an idea going.

so lets decide on a few specifics and i can get to making the client. i suggest the cap be 50k and a block size (for growth) to be 0.00000001 (almost like onecoin) with block target of 5 minutes to discourage farms from trying to rape the coin. another option is to make every tenth block have the reward to really piss of the opportunists.

thoughts and ideas? these are the currently tradeable ones that we can back with, the list is being added to the op and will be updated regularly.

AMERICANCOIN (AMC)   

BBQCOIN (BQC)   

BITBAR (BTB)   

BITCOIN (BTC)   

CHNCOIN (CNC)   

DOUBLOONS (DBL)   

DIGITALCOIN (DGC)   

DEVCOIN (DVC)   

ELACOIN (ELC)   

FREICOIN (FRC)   

FRANKO (FRK)   

FASTCOIN (FST)   

FEATHERCOIN (FTC)   

GLDCOIN (GLD)   

HYPERCOIN (HYC)   

IXCOIN (IXC)   

JUNKCOIN (JKC)   

LUCKYCOIN (LKY)   

LITECOIN (LTC)   

MEGACOIN (MEC) 

MEMECOIN (MEM)   

MINCOIN (MNC)   

NIBBLE (NBL)   

NAMECOIN (NMC)   

NOVACOIN (NVC)   

PPCOIN (PPC)   

POWERCOIN (PWC)   

PHENIXCOIN (PXC)   

ROYALCOIN (RYC)   

TERRACOIN (TRC)   

WORLDCOIN (WDC)   

YACOIN (YAC)   
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 06:46:31 AM

Sounds good so far ,  I can make the logo , but let the other  guy have go first .

Are you sticking with the ant ?

I can 3d vector all that , no problem it's natural to me. I taught myself illustrator over a couple of days . You may see some of my work soon , the BTC devs already have , well the mods anyhow .

I'm a hands on person so I'll be interested to see the client , and how the ant derivative works.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
tadakaluri

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 07:00:42 AM

Waiting for the Client......
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:03:06 AM

ok, i am making the client now. i'll put my pledge up when i post the sources and windows client.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: