Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:46:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: question about gpu mining in room that i sleep  (Read 337 times)
puremage111 (OP)

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 02:13:21 AM

So i would most likely getting a mining rig like after so long

At the same cost, which should i pick?
Rx470x6
or
Rx570x2 Rx580x4

1) My room is closed air, i don't open my window. If i leave my rig in my room 24/7, will it become faulty very soon? My room is kinda small, condo unit size room

2) Is the mining rig noisy? Cause i am sleeping in the room xp

3) If i am able to undervolt, 50% fan speed, keep it around 55-60 celcius, can i leave it mining without a fan?

Thanks Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 02:26:03 AM

For the same cost i would get the rx 470 . generating less heat , power draw much better Smiley

1) 6 vga cards / psu / cpu cooling going to generating a lot of heat in a small room ...

2) mining rig can be quite , its all about the ambient temperature . if the amb temp is low , then the fans not going crazy Smiley

3) If you can keep the GPU temp around 55-60 that's perfect , you dont need extrnal fan , but yo still need to open a window , or circulating the air somehow ...

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
puremage111 (OP)

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 02:33:18 AM

For the same cost i would get the rx 470 . generating less heat , power draw much better Smiley

1) 6 vga cards / psu / cpu cooling going to generating a lot of heat in a small room ...

2) mining rig can be quite , its all about the ambient temperature . if the amb temp is low , then the fans not going crazy Smiley

3) If you can keep the GPU temp around 55-60 that's perfect , you dont need extrnal fan , but yo still need to open a window , or circulating the air somehow ...

Ahh thabks for your reply, hmmm seems that the main thing is needed to circulate the air out of the room, is this correct?

Lets say in a Square room, it would need a hole to pass the air out.

But here comes the problem, during night time i do on AC tho, if i turn on my AC, although i didnt open my windows, its okay in this case right?
allcryptominer

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:46:26 AM

Ahh thabks for your reply, hmmm seems that the main thing is needed to circulate the air out of the room, is this correct?

Lets say in a Square room, it would need a hole to pass the air out.

But here comes the problem, during night time i do on AC tho, if i turn on my AC, although i didnt open my windows, its okay in this case right?

If you have aircon on during night time its no problem. I have my rig in a small studio and I sleep no more then a meter away from my rig.

If I have ac on I cant even hear the rig with fans on 75%. Might be different depending on what cards. Im using palit super jetstream 1080ti which are really quiet.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:37:07 AM

My vote is for the RX 470 cards. Best hash/watt ratio = more profitable.

1) My room is closed air, i don't open my window. If i leave my rig in my room 24/7, will it become faulty very soon? My room is kinda small, condo unit size room
-No it will not  become faulty. Your room will become hot but hey, you'll be earning.

2) Is the mining rig noisy? Cause i am sleeping in the room xp
-It depends on the power supply you get. Make sure you get one that is well above your total power drop. The farther it is from max capacity, the quieter it will be.

3) If i am able to undervolt, 50% fan speed, keep it around 55-60 celcius, can i leave it mining without a fan?
Yes, you can leave it without a seperate fan.

Good luck and enjoy mining!
namjey

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:44:10 AM

i mine with 2 1080 in a bit closed pc case!
and it's really quite but slightly hot cuz not open air rig. 
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:51:55 AM

6 gpu's in a small bedroom is crazy.

I will get hot in no time.
my room is like that and i used to have 10 x R9 280X and before that AMD 7970, it was noisy as fuck, and hot as hell.
if you need to turn the ac all the time then you will use more power than the mining rigs produce, no good.

in a small room i will not put more than 400W of heat, so 3 maybe 4 undervolted, and operating at lower intensity RX 470 MAYBE, 4 x GTX 1070 better, not more than that.

if you shut down the fans, with the cards mining, they will DIE, even if the GPU temp doesn't look too high, because the temp sensor is on the GPU die, not on the memory or VRM which a re the most sensitive parts and needs constant cooling, so no, mining, fans minimum at 40% not less, and deal with the noise  Grin Grin

right now i have a vega 56 and a GTX 1080Ti which i am using to test new mining software, and the are a bit noisy but not so much, and the heat is ok, a small fan will deal with it Smiley
cheers
indkt

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: