Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:52:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice from a newbie  (Read 403 times)
therealj (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:14:30 AM

I'm about 60 days into the cryptocurrency world, don't even want to guess how many hours I've spent reading this forum, reddit, medium, twitter.....so a little levity and one piece of advice on a Friday evening with a glass of bourbon in hand for the other newbies looking to dive in.

1) If the #1 reason you want to invest is because you keep reading "moon" or "lambo" from that coins community - don't invest...run the opposite direction.

My portfolio is now condensed to BTC/Eth/Waves/Sonm/UnikoinGold, shit coins are gone.

Good luck friends.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hotcoffee

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:01:45 AM

Thanks for the advice.

There are like zillion coins out there. I feel a lot of people are falling for "get rich quick schemes". I really wonder how many of these ICO's are successful. If an ICO is at $0.05 per coin and you buy 1000 coins, you can make a lot of money when the coin hits $1. But, the question is what % of ICO's get to that level? And, then there is the time aspect (holding the coin).

I am kind of brand new to all this, there is a lot to learn from this forum  Smiley
Shishir99

Activity: 644
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 05:05:38 AM

I'm about 60 days into the cryptocurrency world, don't even want to guess how many hours I've spent reading this forum, reddit, medium, twitter.....so a little levity and one piece of advice on a Friday evening with a glass of bourbon in hand for the other newbies looking to dive in.

1) If the #1 reason you want to invest is because you keep reading "moon" or "lambo" from that coins community - don't invest...run the opposite direction.

My portfolio is now condensed to BTC/Eth/Waves/Sonm/UnikoinGold, shit coins are gone.

Good luck friends.

I totally agree with you.
In cryptocurrency investment the most important part is never chase hype.
It will burn you later.
No one knows which coin will be explode.
Everyone should research the fundamentals and background of the coin.
Always decide by yourself but you can do research and technical analysis.
kelly153

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:11:16 AM

you  are  right!only  few  coin  can  survival  in the  futher,90%  altcoin  or   token  is  shitcoin  and  would  disppear!
i  only  buy   btc  and  eth!  holding the  free  airdrop  coin,  like  deeponion  and  postoken!
youjing88

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:12:58 AM

lol, useful advice..but every coin is surrounded with moon moon troller
cryptonomicon25

Activity: 460
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:21:37 AM

You are right, I've found that the Reddit communities in particular are the absolute worst when it comes to overhyping their coins. People get too attached to their coin and community and ignore all the negative aspects. Investors should do research on the market trends, coin developers/technology, and actual use cases before buying and ignore the communities.
Valique

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:27:27 AM

100% agree. Only about 6 months into the crypto world but I expand on your idea and only invest in tokens I would be happy to hold for 5 years while they develop and grow without concern for the price.
shimbark123

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:34:04 AM

Good luck friends.

Doing that is a good thing to do. Condensing your blockfolio makes you a versatile trader in which you are trading coins and discerning if they are sht or not. Good choice man.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Mustard!!!

Activity: 119
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:38:11 AM

Good luck friends.

It will burn you later.

You got a point bro, but one thing I've learned from crypto world is that Invest only what you are willing to lose... Crypto currency has a high risk but high reward profile... some whales on the market started on betting on some shit coin coz they believe one day it will sky rocket to the moon. but more often than not. Shit coins are shit coin if you know what I mean heh

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  》   PRONTAPAY  ▐|▌REVOLUTIONISING PAYMENTS   《  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     
INVOICE SOLUTIONS FOR THE BLOCKCHAIN ERA ▐|▌ PRE SALE APRIL 14th
Whitepaper▐|▌ Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  |  Reddit  |  Youtube  |  Medium ▐|▌ANN Thread
BlockFolksHQ

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:20:25 AM

Good luck friends.

I am glad that you are reading a lot and you are able to make wiser decision. However, there is a lot of great coins that you can consider. One of my favourite coin is neo, and it is able to generate gas as dividend. Similarly, i am looking into wtc, lrp, and many other upcoming coins that is solving real world problems.

Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:20:51 AM

Good luck friends.

It will burn you later.
absolutely,digest all the details regarding coins that you want to invest,Research theyre roots and analyze its portfolio never trust on the feedbacks.but relybon your thoughts and ideas..

Goodluck guys
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:40:30 AM

Agreed with you.There are lots of trolls which are in favor of certain altcoins and some devs even hire people to just post in favor of their coins.So,we should not follow the market blindly.We must do our personal analysis,select the most under valued coin and then invest in it to avoid risks of getting loss and increasing our opportunity of earning more profits.BTC,ETH,Waves are really good selection,but i would like to add Decred too in that list.
arlo02

Activity: 87

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:43:50 AM

Indeed.. always check the eligibility of the coin first.. so many shit coin out there..
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:46:40 AM

Check on the exchanges before you finally decide. Look at the volume of coin traded and the buy v selling price. No volume means you may not be able to sell in future,and also no rise in price, while a large margin buy v sell will eat into any potential profit.
bonghip

Activity: 174

bông

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:47:56 AM

Thanks for the advice.

There are like zillion coins out there. I feel a lot of people are falling for "get rich quick schemes". I really wonder how many of these ICO's are successful. If an ICO is at $0.05 per coin and you buy 1000 coins, you can make a lot of money when the coin hits $1. But, the question is what % of ICO's get to that level? And, then there is the time aspect (holding the coin).

I am kind of brand new to all this, there is a lot to learn from this forum  Smiley
You need to be responsible for your money. There are many ICOs on the market, but the choice of ICO is decided by you. The fact is that many ICOs are failing but many ICOs are successful.
Success or failure completely at you.

Nikola282828

Activity: 219
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:41:09 AM

Thanks for the advice.

You need to be responsible for your money. There are many ICOs on the market, but the choice of ICO is decided by you. The fact is that many ICOs are failing but many ICOs are successful.
Success or failure completely at you.

But as a stroke of luck is often not on our side, then you need to earn on the bounty Smiley
sofakingporkhunt

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:44:07 AM

Doing your own research goes a long way, everyone is trying to make a profit so follow your own guidelines.
Legendari

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:54:21 AM

I think this is the best advice you can give to beginners. It is a pity that most beginners won't listen to you Sad

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
cryptoenterprise

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:05:46 PM

Sometimes to get across you need to be direct. I commend you!
I also agree with most of you here, that some of us here, ESPECIALLY newbies always fall into the trap of trying to make money as fast as possible. In some cases it will work.
Better to invest in something long term than hope to get that quick burst of profit from an ICO that has NO potential.
Having said that, i wanted to share with you guys a promising project called trade.io! It is an innovative new blockchain trading platform that will disrupt the financial ecosystem and democratize the markets. It will take trading to a whole other level. They use peer-to-peer platforms to support the trading of a wide range of assets, and will be launching our own cryptocurrency, the Trade Token, which you can now acquire via PRE-ICO.
They have a bounty program available now also, so feel free to check it out here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2370663.0
They also have a 24hr telegram group, find them by typing TradeToken.
Good Luck!
jacquelinecr

Activity: 294
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:08:54 PM

Sometimes to get across you need to be direct. I commend you!
I also agree with most of you here, that some of us here, ESPECIALLY newbies always fall into the trap of trying to make money as fast as possible. In some cases it will work.
Better to invest in something long term than hope to get that quick burst of profit from an ICO that has NO potential.
Having said that, i wanted to share with you guys a promising project called trade.io! It is an innovative new blockchain trading platform that will disrupt the financial ecosystem and democratize the markets. It will take trading to a whole other level. They use peer-to-peer platforms to support the trading of a wide range of assets, and will be launching our own cryptocurrency, the Trade Token, which you can now acquire via PRE-ICO.
They have a bounty program available now also, so feel free to check it out here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2370663.0
They also have a 24hr telegram group, find them by typing TradeToken.
Good Luck!
I've signed up to the bounty program here. The trade.io community is growing by the hour as i have personally noticed and im sure this trading platform will be the future of trading, hence the reason why i've signed up now.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: