Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:05:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it enough RAM?  (Read 348 times)
elissa (OP)

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:43:40 AM

Hello guys!

I will have 12 graphics cards and I want to put them on a mother board with 12 slots.

I want to put them on an Asrock H110 Pro BTC+.
I have two questions:

1. The graphics cards are dual, which means that Windows will see them as 24 cards? Is it ok? Would I have problems because of that?
2. Will it be enough to have 8 GB RAM? Or it doesn't matter when it comes to RAM?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 12:06:27 PM

Hello guys!

I will have 12 graphics cards and I want to put them on a mother board with 12 slots.

I have two questions:

1. The graphics cards are dual, which means that Windows will see them as 24 cards? Is it ok? Would I have problems because of that?
2. Will it be enough to have 8 GB RAM? Or it doesn't matter when it comes to RAM?
What cards are you buying? Aren't they Asus Dual?
8GB RAM is good enough, I would say you should be fine with 4GB too.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:33:10 PM

Hello guys!

I have two questions:

What cards are you buying? Aren't they Asus Dual?
8GB RAM is good enough, I would say you should be fine with 4GB too.
sometimes for some coins 4GB  is not enough,  so I will recommend to take 8GB and set good chunk of your hard disk drive for virtual memory, like 40-50GB
in this config you should be pretty ok.
on my rigs with 7 cards ( 1070) I have 8Gb ram and all is working smooth
Ryuh

Activity: 282

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:59:23 PM

I have the same configuration and 8 gigabytes does the job without any problems.
When i started building rigs i used 4 gigabytes, but sometimes i had problems with specific algos or miners and that is why i started using 8 gigabytes.
blevotron

Activity: 226
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:03:01 PM

Since no one gave you a clear answer:
4Gb is fine in windows as long as you don't forget to increase the virtual memory (aka swap file) to at least 16GB.
To be honest the cost of ram is so cheap that's most of us don't bother with 4GB.
But
i noticed my AMD rig needs 8gb, 4gb even with virtual memory at 16gb is not enough, always get warning msgs and is generally slow over rdp, my nvidia do fine with 4gb
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 02:22:19 PM

Go for 8gb of ram i started with 4gb and had problems and increased to 8gb and solved some issues. I have ASUS dual 1060’s and the dual refers to the FANS not the fact that windows sees them as double.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 02:40:27 PM

if you are building a rig with 12 or more cards go for a min 8GB , you going to save a lot headache in the future Smiley
also dont forget to increase the virtual memory for 16GB+
What kind of "dual cards" are you going to use ?

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Sev18

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:07:31 PM

Maybe word 'Dual' in graphic card name means 'Dual fan cooling', if it's not a real dual-gpu like 295x2.
Many mining rig runs on 4gb ram, 8gb is sufficient.
You should consider that Windows only support max 8 cards per gpu manufacturer. It seems that AMD is going to make drivers that supports 12+ gpus on Windows, but you should check on it.

■■■■■■■  Multi-Algo Switching Manager - MULTIPOOL MULTIALGO Profit Switch Launcher  ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■             https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041971             ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■                           Download Now!                           ■■■■■■■
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 03:14:25 PM

You should consider that Windows only support max 8 cards per gpu manufacturer. It seems that AMD is going to make drivers that supports 12+ gpus on Windows, but you should check on it.
That is not correct Smiley
19GPUs working in Windows (confirmed)
19 GPU in one Motherboard
21+GPUs working in Windows - Youtube

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
elissa (OP)

Activity: 233

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:25:59 PM

It is a real dual gpu. I am talking about Radeon pro duo.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:46:28 PM

Graphics card is the core media for doing BTC Mining.

8GB RAM is capable to process the performance of 12 Asrock H110 graphics cards.
However, it would be nice to use nvidia instead of AMD, very light nvidia be able to run it well even though RAM is in use only standard capacity RAM (4GB).

All of the discrete GPUs on the market are designed by one of two companies: AMD or Nvidia. Their GPU designs are sold by a wide range of resellers, like cool lighting designs, water-cooling options, or features like LED lighting. For over a year, Nvidia has the upper end of the performance market completely to itself, but now that AMD's RX Vega cards are on sale, you're no longer limited to Nvidia if you're spending $ 300 or more on a GPU.

GPUs from these two companies are typically grouped into families of graphics processors, all of which share some common naming conventions. For the past eight years, Nvidia has followed a common format of "prefix-model number-suffix." If two GPUs have the same model number, like the GeForce GTX 750 and the 750 Ti, the suffix "Ti" denotes the higher-end part. Nvidia has also been known to use an "X" or "Xp" to denote certain extremely high-end parts. AMD's nomenclature is similar, with a prefix "RX," the three-digit model number, and, at times, a suffix (typically XT or XTX). Be advised, however, that these are rules of thumb rather than absolutes.
However, you need to remember that both graphics cards have their respective advantages and disadvantages in each series, so do not equate them in general. And also do not forget, before deciding to buy a VGA, make sure your motherboard support with VGA you want to buy it. There are several VGA slots that are usually on the motherboard, such as PCI Express, PCI, and AGP slots.

As far as I know, the price of RAM is so cheap compared to the price of Asrock H110 graphics card, why do not you take the initiative to increase RAM size?... with high RAM capacity, then your 12 graphics card performance will work better.
laineux

Activity: 206

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:01:40 PM

As far as I know, the price of RAM is so cheap compared to the price of Asrock H110 graphics card

It is not true. Ram (and SSD) price increases every day since years.
https://pcpartpicker.com/trends/memory/

So the question is relevant...
cryptobaht

Activity: 77
Merit: 22

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:06:44 PM

Hello guys!

I have two questions:

8GB RAM will be fine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: